Carnival Glory - Just Back

lmondrop

Hi everyone!! Just got back from the Glory - 4th of July week - And it was FABULOUS!!! I have all the capers and some other things I will be posting along with my review.

It was a fabulous vacation and a beautiful ship!!!! We had a wonderful 4th of July celebration on the Lido Deck! If anyone has any questions in the meantime please feel free to ask!

Hi - The Glory is so beauitufl - you will LOVE her!

I definately reccomend that you try the Deli and Fish & Chips...two of the best dining choices on the ship. The Burgundy Bar is good for martini's if you like them.

Try to catch the Vegas style shows. The dancers and the singers are very talented and they are great to watch.

The ship really isn't that difficult to navigate, you have a couple of dead ends....but as the days go by you will get more acclamated. If you want to get a massage there is usually a 50% discount on the last port day...our was NAssau for the Western Itinerary - so try to hold off for your massage until the end of the week. Make sure to try to go to the front of the ship through the Empress deck (I think 7th floor) especially at night....

Can't think of anything else at the moment, but if you have any questions about the ports or anything else please feel free to ask.

PS - Got to the port at about 10:30 and checking in was a breeze. Had to wait a little before we were allowed on the ship as they were stll cleaning up. Got on about 12:00 and the cabins were ready by 1:30...make sure to pack light on your carry on and have a bathing suit on under your clothes so you can wait at the pool for your cabin.

Glad you had a good time... thanks for the suggestion for the Empress Deck... we sail out next week and I just cannot wait! It is going to be a long week at work with all the anticipation...Looking forward to that ruben that everyone is raving about... We have a local restuarant that has a great one and every where else I try is always a disappointment... but everyone on the boards seem to love the one on Glory so guess what I'm having for lunch first day!! looking forward to your review

Take care and God Bless

Deb

If they're of any interest to you, I got pics of the Glory leaving Canaveral last Saturday, July 1. They're big pics but if you want them, I'll send you the best of them to add to your scrap book. Since these are pics of YOUR particular cruise, you might want some.

All I need now is to get my lazy butt up VERY early on a Saturday morning and get a set of photos of the Glory coming in to port. Those will complete my photo set for my book of photo memories.

Chris

Glad you had a good time... thanks for the suggestion for the Empress Deck... we sail out next week and I just cannot wait! It is going to be a long week at work with all the anticipation...Looking forward to that ruben that everyone is raving about... We have a local restuarant that has a great one and every where else I try is always a disappointment... but everyone on the boards seem to love the one on Glory so guess what I'm having for lunch first day!! looking forward to your review

Take care and God Bless

Deb

You will have the time of your life.....Didn't try the rueben, but I did see a lot of people ordering it A LOT....Did have the turkey and tuna and they were both delicious! Enjoy your last week before the cruise...the anticipation is the best...let it take you becuase the end of the cruise will also come before you know it.....Have a wonderful time and God bless you as well!!:)

Can't wait for your review and the Capers, we're doing the Eastern itinerary on the Glory on 8/19. Did you do anything in the area pre or post cruise?

We are from Miami so we drove up the same morning, parked the car at the port and went straight to the boat as for afterwards we were contemplating going to Kennedy Space Center, but we've been there before and we just wanted to drive back home already. (Sally, I think this answers your question regarding transportation)

I Have to scan the capers at work and all the other stuff....so it will hopefully be before the end of the week :)

If they're of any interest to you, I got pics of the Glory leaving Canaveral last Saturday, July 1. They're big pics but if you want them, I'll send you the best of them to add to your scrap book. Since these are pics of YOUR particular cruise, you might want some.

All I need now is to get my lazy butt up VERY early on a Saturday morning and get a set of photos of the Glory coming in to port. Those will complete my photo set for my book of photo memories.

Chris

Hi Chris - I sent you an email earlier today for the photos. Let me know if you received it....its from lmondrop@bellsouth.net

Thanks!!

Hi, lmondrop! Glad to hear you had a great cruise!! We'll be on the Glory for the western itinerary in August and I'm getting so excited. Can't wait to read your review!

Thanks for posting about the massage discount. I was already thinking about having a massage on the Nassau port day--a discount will just seal the deal! Can't pass up a bargain, now can I? :D

When we did the Glory a few weeks back we rented a car through Budget, right at the airport, and drove to Cape Canaveral. They then have a free shuttle to the port. We had 4 of us so got a midsize and it was $35 to the port, much better than the $100 we would have had to pay for the shuttle. On the way back we did the same, but visited the Space Center as we didn't have a flight out until 5:30. On the way back it was $50, but still a lot cheaper than the shuttle. I would recommend using them. There are a few other rental companies, but only budget and one other which I don't remember are right at the airport and in cape canaveral (5 minute ride to the port).

and, by the way I will second, third, whatever, the reubens at the deli are the best!

lmondrop, did you perhaps drop your sail & sign card on the jogging track on Wednesday. I picked one up and gave it to a crew member who was cleaning up there.

No..thankfully I am still in possesion of mine for keepsake.....I was no where near any activity that involved exercising that week :D ALthought I should have been.

I was also on the Glory... There is a shuttle from Orlando, it's $50 pp round trip. Since there were four of us, I opted to rent a car in Orlando to Port Canaveral and then one for the return. It cost me $40 each way for the car, thus saving us a bit of money. Avis does a great job of getting you to and from the port.

DW and I are going on the Glory (Western Itinerary) on 4/21/07. We sailed our first cruise back in June on the Sensation for our 25th wedding anniversary. We loved it! It was only a 4 day cruise, and it went by so fast. So, as soon as we got home, we booked a 7 day on the Glory for our vacation next year. We are flying in to Orlando a day early, and have reserved a rental car from Budget to drive to Port Canaveral. We are staying at the Radisson Friday night, so we can see the Glory come in on Saturday morning. We have also reserved a Budget car to get us back to the airport after the cruise. Budget will take you to the port, and will also pick you up when you disembark. Only 285 more days!!!:rolleyes:

Is it just budget and Avis that are at the port then if i want to rent a car in Orlando and drop it off at Port canaveral? we are thinking about staying at Disneyworld for a few days as well. Does anyone know if there is a rental place closer to Disneyworld so I don't have to go all the way back to the airport?

Archived