TA Info Policy

bjkTX

While I cant blame my ignorance on being a newbie - my eyes are burning from trying to find a post on what the rules are for talking about TAs and the search option was no help :-). I know we are not supposed to mention one - but what are the rules about asking for members to recommend them by private email or whatever?

I used who I thought was one of "our" favorite agents on our last cruise and was very happy - but now am tired of not getting a response, and when I do I get the wrong info (I sent 3 emails asking about a specific cruise, a specific date and a specific ship - and finally got back a response on a totally different cruise - and when I responded back and asked for the right info I received no reply).

Or do I just need to go to the online sites and take my chances??? Help!

I know how you feel . . . you want someone that you know will be there for you and help you when you need it.

I used to have a great TA that lives in the US (much better prices booking through the US than in Canada for us)! For a couple of years she would get back to me promptly and always had the best prices. This past year I have booked 2 cruises with another agent and their prices are actually quite comparable. It would be nice to at least have an 'I have gotten really busy but . . . ' but instead there was no reply after many phone calls and e-mails. I am not one of those clients that calls back continuously - 1 or 2 calls and I am booked and then she didn't hear from me until my next cruise. I gave her so many recommendations and my friends here used to all book through her (maybe that was the problem - just to much business) . . . now they have all changed.

Oh well, her loss, my gain. I wish I could help but it's against the rules . . .

j_carlyl@telusplanet.net

Here is the link to the Community Guidelines, it should answer most of your questions. http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/guide.cfm#13

If you read through it, you will see that asking for private emails for TA's and other things is just not allowed.

You kind of have to look at as 'Their message board, their rules'. Lots of info to be found and shared here, but they have to draw the line somewhere. As explained in the guidelines, without rules, this great board would be just full of advertisers and people asking others to email them with names, numbers and email addresses.

Thanks - I found the information I was looking for a few items up from the one your posted on the guidelines. I understand the rationale - just wanted to make sure what the rules were before I jumped in and did something even dumber than I normally do :-)

It takes awhile to find an agent you will work well with (since we are all different and want different things). I once used a "favorite agent" and couldn't handle not getting responses to phone calls and emails. Many board people said she was worth the time it took to return calls/emails (weeks sometimes, if ever) and IMO, she wasn't.

It took me awhile to find the right mix for me in an agent with good prices and good response times. Keep looking - there are some great agents out there.

Theresa

Archived