Do you see changes in the cruise experience?

sirgonealot

I look forward to my tomorrows just as much.

I think tomorrows are highly overrated..unless I could enjoy them with yesterday's body:D Today's hurts too much.

Memories are frequently distorted by how we perceived an experience at the time. Even though my parents took many cruises during the fifties and sixties, they never took us (the kids) with them. My first cruise was during the seventies when I was a young married woman in my twenties, who was not use to receiving the type of service you get on a cruise. If I took that exact same cruise today, I wonder if it would seem as perfect as I remembered it.

I agree that the level of the cruise experience has lessened but I don't think of it so much as the cruise line experience, but rather the passengers. In actuality it is our society as a whole - we don't value elegance and sophistication - look at Paris Hilton - lots of money and no class. Using the words from a musical "now anything goes." When I go to see a play, it's much the norm to see people in jeans. The same when I go out for fine dining - I see blue jeans and sundresses and even shorts every once in awhile. I've even seen someone wear a t-shirt with a rock band logo at a funeral. People no longer aspire to class just to lots of money so they can toss it around and look important as they act like jerks. Style and class now means lots of bling, talking trash and trying to out risque the next person. End of soapbox. I still "dress up" and believe in showing good manners!:p

Archived