What is going on with all of the negative reviews from Crown?

heywhatsup

At first I thought people were complaining over nothing, but now I'm starting to get a little worried. I'm a bit concerned about the AC on the balcony not working, and even more so over wastebaskets attacking people. What kind of cruise ship is this? Next, someone will be saying that I can't get a happy ending with my masssage. Should I be thinking about auctioning my tickets on eBay?

:eek:

We have sailed many new ships Grand, Golden, Voyager, Explorer, Jewel of the Seas, Valor, and only an experience on Legend of the Seas brought home exactly how new it was. We sailed from Vancouver across the Pacific to Hawaii. This was/is a sweet size ship with walls of glass. The first night in the dining room at a table for eight, two men sat at our table in construction boots, trousers and work shirt. They said very little, ate and left. The rest of us just thought they were a little eccentric. Two days later we were on an elevator and the men got on with work belts and carrying ducts to complete work on the Legend. They had been confused the first night on exactly where they should eat! We laughed 'til our sides split.

My standard line every time I go on vacation is "Did you pack your patience?"

Just remembering this simple statement has given me great relief at stressful times, times when things do not go as planned, unexpected happenings or lack of happenings, things out of our control, times when I wish to strangle someone. ;)

I agree with Rob.. Geez.. The Crown is a new ship with a new crew.. Lets give her some time to get the kinks out..

My experience on other cruise lines has been they don't staff a new ship with inexperienced staff. On the contrary, they staff it with some of their best people from other ships to assure a positive debut to influence the press and TA's.

The lesson "it's not what you say but how you say it"

No one likes listening to chronic complainers, blamers and fault finders.

Ten to one, no matter which cruise ship, cruise line, hotel, car, restaurant, etc, etc, somehow they will always find a way to make their point.

Because the brand new Crown is out for the killing. These fault finders have a great opportunity to hen peck on everything just to get a reaction.

And so they have.

The only thing that will stop them is to have more positive statements on this beautiful ship. Another solution is to not post anything about their opinion and just deal with the positive outlooks. Why? Because I rather hear all the nice, fun, exciting, entertaining, things aboard this ship than from someone who didn't experience it.

My heart goes out to them....

I am so looking forward to my future cruise.... Nice vacation with my DH. Seeing aqua seas, palm trees, fish, sunsets,

and my toes in warm sand.....

Sandytoes....;)

Sorry, Chris, but with all due respect, demographics have absolutely nothing to do with no cabin air conditioning and non-flushable toilets on a brand new ship. IMHO, no matter what coast or country the pax are from, these 2 issues are totally unacceptable.

We're on the Crown in September, trusting the ac and toilets will be non-issues.

Karen

Baltimore

I'm on board now. The air-conditioning works. The toilets flush.

And no one is checking for smuggled booze.

What more could you ask for? ;)

My experience on other cruise lines has been they don't staff a new ship with inexperienced staff. On the contrary, they staff it with some of their best people from other ships to assure a positive debut to influence the press and TA's.
Princess did the same thing. The maitre d' is a gentleman we've known for years and has become a friend to us.

This is all started with a fuel problem. Maybe Royal Caribbean paid off the fuel supplier to make a mess of the refueling process, after seeing how many RCI faithful were on board...;) :) (<--- Indicates tongue-in-cheek comment, I'm trying to get a larf on a Friday, not start a war).

The lesson "it's not what you say but how you say it"

No one likes listening to chronic complainers, blamers and fault finders.

Ten to one, no matter which cruise ship, cruise line, hotel, car, restaurant, etc, etc, somehow they will always find a way to make their point.

Because the brand new Crown is out for the killing. These fault finders have a great opportunity to hen peck on everything just to get a reaction.

And so they have.

The only thing that will stop them is to have more positive statements on this beautiful ship. Another solution is to not post anything about their opinion and just deal with the positive outlooks. Why? Because I rather hear all the nice, fun, exciting, entertaining, things aboard this ship than from someone who didn't experience it.

My heart goes out to them....

I am so looking forward to my future cruise.... Nice vacation with my DH. Seeing aqua seas, palm trees, fish, sunsets,

and my toes in warm sand.....

Sandytoes....;)

I like your outlook..and am glad you are on my cruise! I specifically booked a cruise that was 2 months from the first to give them time to work out the kinks...and even if there are kinks...it will be so much better than being at work!

Archived