Are the passports running way behind yet?

HarleyGirl

I went to the government passport website today and it still says that if you order a passport with regular fee it will arrive within six weeks and if you expedite it for an extra $60 it will arrive in two weeks. I was just wondering if anyone has experienced any major delays recently due to everyone trying to get them by Dec. 31. Here is my problem: I have a cruise November 13, for which I was going to use my birth certificate and DL. Well, I am going on another one March 1, 2007. I have to send the birth cert. with the application for the passport and I'm wondering if I will get it all back in time for the November 13 cruise. I cannot wait until after the November cruise to order the passport because it might not get done in time for March 1. If I send it in this week, that will give me about 14 weeks before I need the birth cert back--is that going to be long enough or am I in a pickle? Thanks for the feedback. I've got to get this ball rolling! I just planned the March cruise in the past couple of days or I would've done this all sooner.

I re newed in March and got mine in about 6 weeks

DW had to send her passport in to get the name changed after we got married. We still do not have it back, but there is still nine weeks until the cruise, plus we have extra copies of her BC and marriage license, so not worried.

Still, I thought a name change would be pretty quick, but apparently it is taking the same as a new passport would have.

Archived