A little confused about Johnny Rockets

I don't see what the big deal is about spending + / - $4.00 either.

It's my understanding that JR's used to be free, but some people (teenagers mostly, I suspect) would hang out in there all day, and eat. Other passengers who just wanted to have a quick meal could never find a place to sit. So now, there is a charge, and some passengers are feeling like they've already paid for their meals (as part of their cruise fare) and are being 'nickled and dimed' when asked to pay again.

Additionally, some passengers aren't happy about a burger chain/franchise being on a ship, as they could eat at JR's at home if they wanted to, and want more exotic choices.

T

Additionally, some passengers aren't happy about a burger chain/franchise being on a ship, as they could eat at JR's at home if they wanted to, and want more exotic choices.

T

I don't care about it being a chain on a ship, I just wish they would add In & Out Burger instead. Yummy!

We sat outside on the Freedom and when I asked for a beer with the meal she stared at me and said "no booze here". I didn't go inside, but others have said they had draft beer and I do recall this being true on the Mariner. Is it that they don't serve beer in the outside seating area, or was my server a hosehead, or is Rockets on the Freedom "dry"?

They hawk alcoholic drinks all day long on every inch of open deck space but the JR booths are dry??? I guesss it is just one of those things that cannot be explained logically.:confused:

Archived