$3.95 all the food you can eat

$3.60 Shakes and Malts

$2.60 Floats

$1.50 Sodas and Flavored (Cherry, Chocolate, Vanilla, Lemon) Coke

$1.50 Coffee, Tea

$1.95 Espresso

$2.75 Cappuccino

$3.75 Draft Beer

I am sure if you do a search you can find a menu:)

Johnny Rockets

Currently Royal Caribbean has Johnny Rocket diners on the following ships.

Voyager of the Seas

Explorer of the Seas

Adventure of the Seas

Navigator of the Seas

Mariner of the Seas

Sovereign of the Seas

Freedom of the Seas

There is a cover charge of $3.95 per person regardless if you dine in or take out. Beverages such as soft drinks and shakes are extra. Those who dine in can order any amount of food. Take out orders are limited to one each of the following. Sandwich/burger, French Fries, Onion Rings and dessert per person/cover charge.

Crown and Anchor members receive one coupon per book for the $3.95 cover charge. Beverages are extra. The $3.95 cover charge does includes tip but you can tip an additonal amount if you like. The charge goes onto your Sea Pass card.

Johnny Rockets hours vary depending on embarkation day, sea day and port days. Check your Cruise Compass for hours each day.

The menu has basic items such as hamburgers, cheeseburgers, grilled ham and cheese, grilled chicken BLT, chili, chili dogs, hot dogs, chili fries, onion rings, apple pie ala mode, Oreo Sundae and shakes.

OK, do you pay to get into JR or do you pay for your food once you are in? What are the prices? Anywhere I can see a menu online? Thanks

Following is the menu from the JR web site. The menu onboard is a shortened version of this, but you'll get the idea:

http://www.johnnyrockets.com/themenu/items.php

Presonally, it is just another greasy hamburger joint. We have one about 5 miles from us and have only been there once or twice when visitors wanted to try it out.... JMHO

I don't know what the big deal is with having to pay a lousy $4 for Johnny Rockets. I always go a couple of times. I get one for free and pay for how many other times I go (usually for lunch). What is $4 in the scheme of things? If you want to go, expect to pay $4+ and be happy. There has been too many people complaining about the $4. They should just raise the price of everyones cruise $30 and make it free for all. That should make the people that complain about it happy because they would think that they were getting it for free. That is what people are missing here - They don't realize that they would have to pay for it one way or the other. RCCL needs to make money and that is a way to do it. This is the best way because than the people that use the extra service or product pay for it.

Have a great cruise.

Wow C&A has a coupon for JR thats great! This will be our first time getting the C&A Coupons. Even if they did not have a coupon for JR we would still go and pay the $3.95 we are on vacation and want to have a good time !

Voyager Western Caribbean 12/16/06 "Our First AFT"

Voyager Eastern Caribbean 11/05

S.S. Azure Seas Baja 11/90

I don't know what the big deal is with having to pay a lousy $4 for Johnny Rockets. I always go a couple of times. I get one for free and pay for how many other times I go (usually for lunch). What is $4 in the scheme of things? If you want to go, expect to pay $4+ and be happy. There has been too many people complaining about the $4. They should just raise the price of everyones cruise $30 and make it free for all. That should make the people that complain about it happy because they would think that they were getting it for free. That is what people are missing here - They don't realize that they would have to pay for it one way or the other. RCCL needs to make money and that is a way to do it. This is the best way because than the people that use the extra service or product pay for it.

Have a great cruise.

Why can there never be JR threat without someone escalating it to this same, worn out, never to be agreed upon issue??

You have a great cruise, too.

JR's is just a fun place to eat. DH and I like being on a cruise ship and enjoying a (yes!) greasy hamburger like the one at home! It has a fun atmosphere and if you go during off hours, we loved it being not as crowded as other places! The waiter we had the last time brought us fresh apple pie a'la mode even after we told him we were going to burst....boy was it worth it! Just a lot of fun with some familiar food!

Have a great cruise.

Whooooo, settle down my friend ..... it's not the $$. I just really don't think the burgers are that great.IMO

We used our C&A coupons for Rockets on the Freedom in June. It was not as good as I recall it being on the Mariner in 2004. The burger had a strange texture to it. Good rings though.

We sat outside on the Freedom and when I asked for a beer with the meal she stared at me and said "no booze here". I didn't go inside, but others have said they had draft beer and I do recall this being true on the Mariner. Is it that they don't serve beer in the outside seating area, or was my server a hosehead, or is Rockets on the Freedom "dry"?

I don't think that paying $3.95 per person is a "big deal". I just choose not to pay. My reason for this is that even though I love Johnny Rockets I found the hotdog and the chocolate shake that I had to be nowhere near as good as at their land restaurants. My shake was so watery I wouldn't even consider it a shake it was just a chocolate drink! The service was terrible too we were just completely ignored. They seemed to be understaffed while we were there. Then the next day when I checked my Seapass card I had been charged for my meal as well as some other family's meal.

I don't understand why people seem offended that others don't want to pay extra for things. The extra money might be nothing to you but for me it is not worth it. I would much rather use that money for an extra little trinket souvenir for the kids.

Have a great cruise.

I think the point is that people, like me, don't like JR's very much. We have them all over L.A. and I never eat there. I think people only eat there with the coupon cause they don't like it enough to pay. I sure wouldn't eat there otherwise. Now, the milkshakes and malts are a different story all together. Those I will most happily pay for!! :D

"This is like deja vu...all over again..."

and Yogi also said, "I wish I had an answer to that, because I'm tired of answering that question..."

I wonder if he is a member.

LL

I wonder if any readers take the time to read the FAQ thread at the top of the page.:rolleyes: They would be surprised to see how many of their questions could be answered by reading that one thread.

I will prob eat here. I didn't know it was just 4.00. That is way cheaper than Mcdonalds or Burger King.

$3.95 each JUST for the food. Burger, fries, etc. Shakes are $3.60 each, and sodas, etc are extra as well.

Archived