Best time to Board CP @ Port Everglades??

comfortcove

I just booked for the night before at the Renaissance, really close. We are new to Princess, have no priority boarding status or anything. When is a good time to go to the Port? Maybe I should ask for a late checkout. We are flying in from Virginia the night before, so we could also go early, but DH is kind of "type A" so best to avoid the peak check-in times. Can former Caribbean Princess cruisers give us some advice please. Thanks so much, comfortcove

I just booked for the night before at the Renaissance, really close. We are new to Princess, have no priority boarding status or anything. When is a good time to go to the Port? Maybe I should ask for a late checkout. We are flying in from Virginia the night before, so we could also go early, but DH is kind of "type A" so best to avoid the peak check-in times. Can former Caribbean Princess cruisers give us some advice please. Thanks so much, comfortcove
Check-in opens up between 11:30AM - Noon. (As an FYI, "CP" is the Coral Princess, not Caribbean Princess, which is "CB"). Normally, the lines move pretty quickly. If you want to avoid peak check-in times, 1:30 - 2PM is a good time.

Welcome to Princess! Your hotel may provide shuttle service to the pier for an additonal fee---but they may not. Ask when you first check in, as the first to arrive to the hotel are the ones put on the list.

Otherwise, it is a short cab ride to the pier (I don't know the exact fare from where you are but less than 20 for sure, and probably much less than that).

A couple of things about cruising Princess out of FLL---all the baggage on disembarkation comes to a central warehouse room. It will be placed, along with at least a few hundred other pieces of similar looking luggage, under the disembarkation color tag you have. I would very highly suggest it is helpful to find a way to mark your luggage for disembarkation to make it easy to spot among the hundreds. I put big colorful ribbons on mine and some people put yellow tape or something on the sides. But, whatever you choose, it would help you to find it.

Princess life boat drills are in the public areas, such as the bars. Get there early for a seat. Don't look like a newbie by putting your life jacket on--just carry it there. They will tell you when to put it on.

After you board, lunch buffet is upstairs in the Horizon court.

A quieter and beautiful place for sailaway is in the lounge on the top deck.

Check-in opens up between 11:30AM - Noon. (As an FYI, "CP" is the Coral Princess, not Caribbean Princess, which is "CB"). Normally, the lines move pretty quickly. If you want to avoid peak check-in times, 1:30 - 2PM is a good time.

Actually CP is the Sea Princess. The Coral Princess is CO.

Here is a list of the official designations from Princess

* CB - Caribbean Princess

* CO - Coral Princess

* KP - Crown Princess

* DP - Dawn Princess

* DI - Diamond Princess

* NP - Golden Princess

* AP - Grand Princess

* IP - Island Princess

* PA - Pacific Princess

* GP - Regal Princess

* SA - Sapphire Princess

* CP - Sea Princess

* TP - Star Princess

* SP - Sun Princess

* TA - Tahitian Princess

Bill

Just sailed on the 7/1 CB out of Port Everglades. I, too, am a "type A" person - we specifically requested a late check out from hotel and arrived at the pier at 1:45. We boarded the ship at 2:00 p.m. According to the agent who checked us in, we just missed the crowd. Still had time to grab a bite and some brews before meeting our c/c group following muster drill. I definitely recommend going later and avoiding the long lines.

Happy sailing.

CP is not Coral,CO is Coral.CP is Sea and CB is Caribbean.These are the official call signs that Princess uses.

CP is not Coral,CO is Coral.CP is Sea and CB is Caribbean.These are the official call signs that Princess uses.
I stand corrected. However, people don't like to type out the name of the ship (I guess it's too hard) and 99% don't have a clue about the official call signs. :(

I and 99% don't have a clue about the official call signs. :(

and I would be in that percentage-- its hard when reading another board and lots of people use abreviations coz you dont know what they are talking about-- it takes a few reads to get the meanings.

Thanks for the advice, we will enjoy a leisurely morning. I understand Renaissance is within sight of the port, right across the street. They do not have a shuttle, cab is < $5. They have very good rates if anyone needs Port Everglades hotel before October. Called "summer special" valid thru Sept 30.

We boarded the CB on July 8th. Arrived at the cruise terminal just a little prior to 11:00am. Were able to go inside where the air conditioning is excellent and have a seat in the waiting area. They call groups by numbers, based upon when you arrive. Began boarding at about 12:40pm. Everything went very smooth.:)

Archived