Which ship is this?

Grtcdnwolf

Some of the images on google earth are 4-6 years old. If I put in my home address, it shows a blue minivan in the driveway and a small deck in the backyard. We sold that car 4 years ago and we built a new deck alomost 6 years ago. So it is most likely NOT today.

I've looked at this image before. I believe another Fantasy class ship is next to this one but it doesn't have the putt putt installed topside. I believe the putt putt conversions began in 2005 so I'd guess it isn't more than 18 months old.

Which Fantasy class ships were sailing from Miami over the last 18 months? Anyone know?

Some of the images on google earth are 4-6 years old. If I put in my home address, it shows a blue minivan in the driveway and a small deck in the backyard. We sold that car 4 years ago and we built a new deck alomost 6 years ago. So it is most likely NOT today.

Same thing here, my house shows my daughter's old car parked out front. That picture has to be at least 7 years old, because she got a new car in the fall of 1999.

Guest LetMeGo

In some ways it's nice that the images are old... How else could we get to always enjoy a Spirit-class ship in Helsinki? :D

At these coordinates you'll find the shipyard where they were built, and one of the Costa cruisers almost finished.

60 09' 35.38N, 24 55' 33.66E

If it was today....I just watched the Elation sail out the Port of Miami ahead of the Valor about two hours ago via webcam:D . So I would say that is was the Elation.

Any images you find on google earth are probably several years old.

Well which Fantasy class ship doesn't (or didn't) have a water slide at the time of the putt putt golf instalation? It's not Sensation, Paradise, Ecstacy

It could be Fascination...

My guess was Fascination in front and Imagination in back based on the colors of the center pools and aft whirlpools. Both ships have slides though. Shadows obscure the front slide but if you zoom in, it is there.

In some ways it's nice that the images are old... How else could we get to always enjoy a Spirit-class ship in Helsinki? :D

At these coordinates you'll find the shipyard where they were built, and one of the Costa cruisers almost finished.

60 09' 35.38N, 24 55' 33.66E

Cool! Thanks for the coordinates. :)

BTW: If you cannot install GoogleEarth on the computer you're using (if you're at work, for example), you can use Google Maps in the same way. Just change it to a satellite image instead of a map image. :)

Actually I think it is the other way around. The Imagination is the one with the mini-putt.

The ages of the phots vary widely. The picture of the Miami port has been like that for over a year, but the shot of my MILs house shows the patio she put in last fall.

Guest LetMeGo

So... Where else can you pick up Carnival ships? :D

I managed to find another Fantasy-class ship next to Grand Cayman, at coordinates 19 15'29.69N, 81 18'53.62W .

And one in New Orleans at 29 57'38.03 N, 90 02'10.96 W .

Tampa at 27 56'32.58 N, 82 26'46.43 W .

But I did find a smaller Carnival ship at Nassau's port. There are only 2 ships there, the other I think is a RCL. I do have to say I'm impressed by the updated images. I looked on GE before my cruise in March and could never have gotten this good of an image in Nassau before.

• 3 months later...

The thread earlier asking about Key West got me curious about the layout of the cruise ship piers in Key West. When I looked on Google Earth I found yet another Fantasy class ship docked there.

FantasyClassKeyWestSmall.JPG.98a39cb7e7753e70a625463d033e489c.JPG

Google Earth co-ordinates are 24 33'15.63 N, 81 48'40.43 W

Any guesses which ship this is?

Archived