Guaranteed cabin question

Hi, I know there are a lot of questions about this topic, but I couldn't find the answer to this particular one...

My kids and I are booked for an IS guaranteed cabin for Victory 8/26 to Canada. Today, went to "My Reservation" and clicked on "Stateroom Details" and it came up with a window with a picture of an oceanview stateroom and a caption reading " Includes stateroom categories 5A, 6A, 6B and 6E." Should I get excited about this? I can't remember if I ever clicked on this before, and if so, what it said previously.

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca

You may want to try this technique to see if a cabin has been assigned then see where it is.

Go to Fun pass and enter your booking number, name, ship, & sailing date. When the screen with Print funpass comes up select Order gifts and services near the bottom. The next screen will have the booking number and cabin assignment (if available) in the HTTP field of your browser (next to the "X" on explorer)

Ie http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/De...cabinNumber=XXXX

Keep in mind cabin numbers can change up to the day of sailing.

The picture you clicked is a generic web page, and is not linked to your cabin assignment. Depending on how you booked, there are different ways to find your assignment. They are often (but not always) made month or two from the sailing date.

You may want to try this technique to see if a cabin has been assigned then see where it is.

Go to Fun pass and enter your booking number, name, ship, & sailing date. When the screen with Print funpass comes up select Order gifts and services near the bottom. The next screen will have the booking number and cabin assignment (if available) in the HTTP field of your browser (next to the "X" on explorer)

Ie http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/De...cabinNumber=XXXX

Keep in mind cabin numbers can change up to the day of sailing.

Nope, still says "GUAR." That's ok, though - I don't mind being surprised. It's fun to wait and wonder....

If you go to "My Reservation" (you have to have registered online) and click on "upgrade stateroom," does it give you a cabin level? We booked 8A GTY and ours now says 8C. (We called our PVP and he gave us our cabin. Yes, I know it could change, but I figure that when we receive our docs we will see the same cabin number....)

If you go to "My Reservation" (you have to have registered online) and click on "upgrade stateroom," does it give you a cabin level?

Yes, this does give you the cabin level. Use the Gifts & Services method to refine it further and see the currently assigned stateroom #. I just did all of this and was able to find my level and cabin assignment at 65 days out. Then I just had to send myself a gift while I was there:D .

Hi, I know there are a lot of questions about this topic, but I couldn't find the answer to this particular one...

My kids and I are booked for an IS guaranteed cabin for Victory 8/26 to Canada. Today, went to "My Reservation" and clicked on "Stateroom Details" and it came up with a window with a picture of an oceanview stateroom and a caption reading " Includes stateroom categories 5A, 6A, 6B and 6E." Should I get excited about this? I can't remember if I ever clicked on this before, and if so, what it said previously.

Thanks in advance!

Rebecca

Rebecca, try this. When you bring up "My Reservation" instead of clicking on stateroom details, click on modify booking. It will bring up a more detailed reservation and also show your cabin number if it has been assigned. You don't really have to modify your booking...just click the X and exit out...everything stays the same as it was.

Archived