Where do you go to make Chops reservations??

There's really no need to rush to make reservations--on our entire 10 day cruise, we NEVER saw a full house in either Chops or Portofinos! Did you know that they will take "walk-ins"--(folks with no reservations!) Anyway--have a good trip, and enjoy!

I concur with cb at sea

I see lots of posts to rush to make reservations at Chops and Portoifnos. May (2005) on the Radiance, we ate in both Chops and Portofinos. Both evenings, we had a reservation however, there were only one or two other table filled. We had a similar experience on the Mariner the year before. There were a few tables in Chops filled but hardly any at Portofinos.

Perhaps it differs from ship to ship and from night to night. We made the reservations for the night that suited our schedules best. In fact we ate at Portofinos the last evening. What a memorable way to end the cruise. (Before you ask – I delivered the tip vouchers to the excellent dining room wait staff prior to our reservations.)

I guess it is better to be safe than sorry and make the reservations when you board - but we did not see any reason to.

Marci

I believe that they only book a certain number of tables for any one time so that they can provide better service and they don't have a wave of people coming and going at the same time. If, for example, they booked all the tables for 6pm, your next choice of times would be sometime after 8 or 8:30. By staggering the bookings, they can accommodate people who might like to eat at 6:30, 7:00, 7:15 etc. If you want to dine at a specific time or on a specific evening, make your reservations as early as possible.

Archived