Rendering of Genesis

Gator - I agree with you! This rendering looks like someone's high school project. :)

Fitz - Thanks for the link. I had never seen this before. It's a bit more believable. :)

I think the two are the same ship are modified versions of one another. Let me explain why I think this and you all see if you agree.

1) Both show a glass solarium on the top towards the front that seems to stick up higher than most RCCL Ships

2) The way the lifeboats are placed on the two is somewhat similar

3) On the Aker rendition, there is a lip that extends out which is unlike any other RCCL ship. This appears that it could be the pool/lounge chair area as shown in the drawing.

4) Both seem to have a little room on the top at the back.

Now granted there is always a variance from the initial artists drawing to the final product. Some may be even drastic.

Who knows... time will tell but these are my thoughts and I am sticking to them. :D

I think the two are the same ship are modified versions of one another. Let me explain why I think this and you all see if you agree.

1) Both show a glass solarium on the top towards the front that seems to stick up higher than most RCCL Ships

2) The way the lifeboats are placed on the two is somewhat similar

3) On the Aker rendition, there is a lip that extends out which is unlike any other RCCL ship. This appears that it could be the pool/lounge chair area as shown in the drawing.

4) Both seem to have a little room on the top at the back.

Now granted there is always a variance from the initial artists drawing to the final product. Some may be even drastic.

Who knows... time will tell but these are my thoughts and I am sticking to them. :D

I would believe you if it weren't for the fact that the other 'unknown' rendering has been around for several years. And, there is no Viking Crown Lounge on the other rendering and there is on the Aker rendering. And the smoke stack are different. Sorry! But they are completely different ships.

I wouldn't be surprised if some elements of the "concept" rendering found their way to Genesis. The "split indoor/outdoor" idea has an air of ingenuity about it, but the pool would be pretty shaded if it was indeed down so low in final execution.

It will be fun to see it revealed piece by piece. Can't imagine a ship that huge, but I can imagine sailing it for sure....if even just for the experience of it. :)

T

It will be fun to see it revealed piece by piece. Can't imagine a ship that huge, but I can imagine sailing it for sure....if even just for the experience of it. :)

T

T - You will be on that maiden voyage and you know it ! :)

I find it difficult to relate this rendering to the one that RCI and Akers originally published. It does bear some resemblance to some of the "ships of the future" that appear with some regularity in Cruise Travel magazine. I will have to go back to old issues to compare.

I wouldn't be surprised if some elements of the "concept" rendering found their way to Genesis. The "split indoor/outdoor" idea has an air of ingenuity about it, but the pool would be pretty shaded if it was indeed down so low in final execution.

Hhhhmmmmmm. Pool in the shade, verly little sunshine, can't get a tan. No reason to do any chairhogging, is there. Perhaps this is RCCL's answer to the chairhog problem. Make the pool area less desirable so the passenegers will stay away.....:rolleyes:

Hhhhmmmmmm. Pool in the shade, verly little sunshine, can't get a tan. No reason to do any chairhogging, is there. Perhaps this is RCCL's answer to the chairhog problem. Make the pool area less desirable so the passenegers will stay away.....:rolleyes:

Jerry it isn't the passengers who lie in the chairs all day soaking up the sun to get a tan that are a problem. It's those towels and books hogging those chairs all day long while their owners are off somewhere else doing something more important. Placing the pool in the shade won't deter those whose only reason for hogging the chairs is because they can and they think they're entitled to.:D

Archived