Passport name question?

Here's my wife's dilemma she has waited a little to long to get her name on her passport changed since she has gotten married. Our cruise leaves on 9/1 of this year which at least we avoid the stricter passport requirements, but I'm being told that it will still be valid if street address and picture match. I'm not sure about that at all, we had a destination wedding in Mexico and we feel we will need a translated copy of the marriage certificate(it's in Spanish) to prevent any other problems. I was also told at the court house that anyone who's certified as a translator can translate the certificate, so it doesnt have to be a government issued document. I'm going to call RCCL as soon as I get home to clarify it with them. If anyone has had a similar experience with a situation like this please feel free to share. As the last thing we want to do is get to the pier and they say sorry these won't work!

Just have her bring her Birth certificate along with everything else since it is before the passport deadline. I have never needed my marriage certificate so I wouldn't worry on that count. What name is on her Driver's liscense I think they care more if reservation, dl and bc match then what is on a passport.

The name on her driver's licenses is her married name and of course the birth certificate is her maiden name.
As long as the name on her Royal Caribbean docs match her drivers license, she s good to go. Her BC date must match her drivers license.

after i got married i sent my passport in to be amended to my new name...it took about 2-3 weeks to get it back so you def. have time before september and also they have an expedite service were you can pay extra and get it in 2 weeks...go talk to your post office personel.

Ditto with Mrs.G. I sent mine in and they typed the amendment and returned it in about 10 days. Your wife should definately get her passport amended. It makes life much easier. Have a great cruise.

We went to our County court house and they told us she would have to reapply for her passport fees and all. The clerk said any passport older than a year had to be reapplied for. So maybe I need to check at the post office to see if we get the same story. The clerk at the court didn't recommend at all we try and get our passport before we left unless we paid the expedite fee.

Thanks for all the help eveyone!

Archived