Speedos

MISSSNOOPYGIRL is kind of modest and could wear a bikini.....

I think I might try to get her fiance' to buy a thong for their Hawaiian honeymoon cruise:D he might do it just to push her buttons......

Jane110. My comments were in reference to the tone of the thread. Not specifically aimed at anyone. Those who are super skinny to those who have some junk in their trunks are all welcome to and should wear what they feel comfortable in regardless of anyones opinions.

Just as I can wear a speedo.....I also choose to go "Au natural" when the situation arises. Of course I don't look like Antonio Banderas, more like Smokey the Bear.

Tracy:"Now, if meagerly-endowed men would be so kind as to oblige me with "stocking stuffers" in return, the world would be a perfect place.":D :D

As for MISSSNOOPYGIRL......yes, she has seen my flamingo;)

Dave:eek:

Dave,

Thanks for posting again, for a minute I thought wow I am way over 40 and might have to wear a full wet suit since I have chicken arms now and gravity has taken its toll. I do try and wear pool attire that compliments my figure.

On the body hair, in regards to men. Some men have it and some men do not. That is just life. Not a big deal, try being my sisters oldest daughter who has that weird genetic thing and was born with hair all over. She came to the family when she was seven, and puberty was a very difficult time. Guys fortunately do not have as large a stigma to body hair as women.

"I am way over 40 and might have to wear a full wet suit since I have chicken arms now and gravity has taken its toll. I do try and wear pool attire that compliments my figure"

I'm over 40 too...and after I pull the rolled socks from my speedo, and take off the elastic "Miracle" waistline maker.......It shows.:o

My husband 'George' and I look for personality, not body type in the friends we make on cruises. I've been around for far too long to look that superficially at people. I don't care if you 90lbs or 900lbs. If you are fun, friendy, and are enjoying life.....I'm there.

As for bathing suits, its about getting sun, getting wet, and having fun.

As long as there are no "wardrobe malfunctions", who really needs to be that involved in someones bathing suit .....And if someone has nothing better to do than stare at the junk in my trunk or lack of frontal adequacies ( I really do try to avoid cold water )...at least I'm getting my 15 minutes of fame:D ( although the flamingo has gotten me about 5 years :) )

Dave:eek:

As for you bettycrocker :

" It seems like only the biggest, most gorilla-like, old men wear them. "

That happens to be my husband your talking about, and I happen to like him that way! Maybe you should keep your opinions to baking cakes:D

Ah yes, I do enjoy my cakes, and pies, and cookies, and I could go on. That is why I know no one is perfect, so if you want to wear your sling shot to the beach, go right ahead, or don't wear anything, I can always look away.

I have my bikini packed. :rolleyes:

After our last vacation to HI, and me not even attempting to put on a swimsuit there. Yes, that's right, we stayed at one of the most beautiful beachs in the world and I did not so much as even step foot on it.

I've decided **** it, I'm wearing a bathing suit on this vacation, no matter what!

Oh yes, and I also have a very large tatoo on my back. There's no way to hide it, so stare and enjoy the show. :D But watch out for the glare, my DH is not hairy, but very, very white!

DH and I are former competitive swimmers, so we both have Speedos floating around the house. :D A Speedo or similar suit is essential for men competing in swimming and water polo. It's not confining and when the proper size is selected, there shouldn't be any "indecent exposure".

DH prefers to wear a Speedo under swim trunks when sunbathing or taking a quick dip...he feels suitably "covered" that way and won't offend delicate sensibilities. If his trunks were to sag or slip, he's still fully covered. And he's still in good enough shape to look good in a Speedo. ;) If we're snorkeling, he will take the trunks off and go in the Speedo, though - he finds it more comfortable.

There are plenty of women who shouldn't wear teeny bikinis, yet still do. I don't for the life of me understand how a 250 lb woman thinks she looks remotely sexy in a thong bikini! If you've got it, flaunt it - if you've got too much of it, don't.

As for me, I've had stretch marks on my hips since puberty, and some weight gain and loss during college has left my tummy looking less than perfect. I prefer tankinis...I doubt I'll ever wear a bikini again. A good tankini gives the wearer the coverage of a one-piece with a more fashionable (IMO) two-piece look.

On one of our recent cruises, my husband caused an uproar at a poolside game. They were looking for people with various items.....a tennis ball, a roll of toilet paper....stuff like that. They called for someone wearing a "speedo" and my husband ran up! Embroidered on the bottom of his shorts-styled trunks was the word Speedo! Now we tell everyone that he won a contest in his speedo. (Bought it at Costco!)

Jane110. My comments were in reference to the tone of the thread. Not specifically aimed at anyone.

Well, I'm not trying to flame you but want to express my feelings.

Body hair is a choice - men or women with an excess of it can easily rid themselves of it. Personally, if I was married to a man with a hairy back, I'd insist he get rid of it. The point is, it's an option.

Speedo's also are a choice. I'm of the vote that if a guy has the right bod, they're fine. Having a "vote" here is fun BECAUSE it's a choice and *that's* the tone and spirit of this thread.

You clearly made reference to women with flapping arms at the pool not being acceptable and then used tatoo's and bellybutton rings in the same sentence. Speedo's, tatoo's and piercings are clearly choices - I think we all feel it's "safe territory" to give our opinions on an annonymous board as to what we think of other people's choices.

For me personally, it's not a sensitive issue. I'm not overweight and I don't have flapping arms. But what should an overweight woman with "flapping arms" do.....not enjoy the pool?

I too can say some rather biting comments on this forum, but I keep those comments to area's that people have control over.

So, I think it's fine to express ourselves, joke or even poke fun at some of the choices others make (on a forum not in person!) However, when you bring in things that people cannot control, like less than perfect bodies, you're not playing fair.

As for MISSSNOOPYGIRL......yes, she has seen my flamingo;)

Okay enuf of this clandestine flamingo. What the heck is it?

Personally, I have no opinion one way or the other towards speedos. To each his own as they say.

I'm really disheartened by this thread. If men were judging us the way some of you are judging men in speedos, we'd be throwing daggers.

Personally, I have no opinion one way or the other towards speedos. To each his own as they say.

I'm really disheartened by this thread. If men were judging us the way some of you are judging men in speedos, we'd be throwing daggers.

I agree with you 100%.

Just make sure that women with less-than-perfect arms stay away from Dave's part of the pool area. :confused:

POSTERS BEWARE! The sensitivity police have arrived. Any one making comments not including group hugs, smiley faces and a chorus of koombyah will be subject to immediate arrest and burned at the alter of political corrrectness. You have been warned!

I don't see any of the comments I've read here as being sexist or judgemental. People have noted that folks of both sexes can and do make less than visually appealing swimwear choices. Those choices while in poor taste have not been catagorized as evil or as showing a lack of character just what they are - eyesores. Gorilla like men - flabby armed women - frontal inadequcies - and any other descriptions contained herein are not scathing rubukes of any individual just caricatures we all have seen around the pool and perhaps peering back at us in our bathroom mirrors - again nothing to take offense of.

Others have proclaimed that they like the wretched excuses for swimwear. It has been a fair and balanced discussion of a topic of absolutely no depth or importance. Complete fluff and triviality. Presented in a manner that hopefully brings a grin to a reader or two. Please don't suck the fun out of it by getting insulted or reading more into these posts than is there.

The thing that disheartens me is the ease with which some become diheartened. (crud now I'm guilty of it!)

On one of our recent cruises, my husband caused an uproar at a poolside game. They were looking for people with various items.....a tennis ball, a roll of toilet paper....stuff like that. They called for someone wearing a "speedo" and my husband ran up! Embroidered on the bottom of his shorts-styled trunks was the word Speedo! Now we tell everyone that he won a contest in his speedo. (Bought it at Costco!)

My DH has the Speedo shorts as well! Picked them up at Kohl's for $5 a couple of years ago. He had forgotten to pack a bathing suit for a camping trip, so my sister and I ran out to the store. When I returned with bathing suit in tow, DH jokingly asked, "Is it a Speedo?" You should have seen the look on his face when I replied "Yes." It's his favorite bathing suit!

POSTERS BEWARE! The sensitivity police have arrived. Any one making comments not including group hugs, smiley faces and a chorus of koombyah will be subject to immediate arrest and burned at the alter of political corrrectness. You have been warned!

The thing that disheartens me is the ease with which some become diheartened. (crud now I'm guilty of it!)

Please. As most of the long time posters on this board already know, I'm the last person to include, "...group hugs, smiley faces, and a chorus of koombyah..".

Are there any ladies out there who actually LIKE the infamous tiny speedo bathing suits on men? If so what do you like about them? To be honest they frighten me. And men- why do you wear them?

do they actually still make the disgusting things :eek: . they have to be one of the top 5 fashion mistakes of the century. IMO. please say i wont see any being worn on my panama canal cruise next april.

About a week ago, there was an article in our local paper about a man at a local beach who was wearing a white thong speedo. It was estimated that the man was in his 70's, and when he turned around, you didn't know if he was wearing anything because his belly fell far below the "man line". He was asked by the park ranger to cover up with a towel as he walked along the entire length of the beach.

Like southern grandmothers say, "if it doesn't look good, don't stick it out on the front porch".

It never hurts my eyes to look at a toned man in a speedo:).

I'll never forget walking down the beach in South Beach back in the mid 1990s and this guy came out of the water in a red speedo. He stopped my girlfreind and I in our tracks he was so gorgeous. Not an ounce of fat, not a hair on his body, sleek as a racehorse. Gorgeous dark tan and dark hair with bright blue eyes and white teeth.

I swear he walked out of the ocean in slow motion and the theme to "Chariots of Fire" was playing in the background.

Lawd have mercy.

What a sight to behold.

do they actually still make the disgusting things :eek: . they have to be one of the top 5 fashion mistakes of the century. IMO. please say i wont see any being worn on my panama canal cruise next april.

Yes, they're still made and loved by many.

If you go to the pool on your panama cruise, I'm sure you'll see some..

Archived