Custom avatar

gardencat

Hi Laura

Late last night I changed my avatar this morning at 8 am it was there working fine. Now it has just disappeared. Do you know what is happening with this?

I originally tried to change mine last night at about midnight and it just wouldn't take the new image. aThen it wouldn't give me back the old one. Early this morning I got up and did exactly the same thing and it worked perfectly...for a couple of hours...now it has just gone again:confused:

Gremlins in the system?

I even restarted my computer but you are still the little red x to me!:(

arrrgh!! Can't see yours, can't load mine, I'm double whammed!!

Guess I'll go have some real life and maybe things will be better later tonight or tomorrow.

Apparently our avatars are on 'board2' but not on 'board'. Now that I am on 'board2' I can see mine and yours too! The moderators are working on getting them on both boards but have more pressing problems so it might take a while.

mbuenzli

Nice picture, was that taken on a cruise?

Same thing kept happening to me. Someone replied to my question about why the custom avatar was missing by saying that there are two servers, and it might be on one and not the other. It depends upon which server you get logged onto whether you can see your or someone else's avatar. I don't even know whether I have any avatar now!

I also wanted to change my "location," but it wouldn't take, either. The message that came back to me was that I had entered an incorrect birth date, and I hadn't even been near the birth date area.

I'll be patient.

Cruise more often

I'm on board 2 now and you don't have an avatar I can see. I think you might have to try to look at the url bar if you see 'boards2 ' somewhere in the addresss line you can go load your avatar, and it should show up. If it just says board (with no 2) you need to insert 2 after boards and hit 'go' (or enter) then load your avatar. If you do this your avatar should load and should be visible when you are on server '2' if you log on later and get the other server (with no 2 in the url) you won't see it again but it will still be there on board 2.

Does that make any sense to you?

Apparently our avatars are on 'board2' but not on 'board'. Now that I am on 'board2' I can see mine and yours too! The moderators are working on getting them on both boards but have more pressing problems so it might take a while.

mbuenzli

Nice picture, was that taken on a cruise?

It was taken in 2002 on the Star in Hawaii

Thanks for the help, Gardencat. We're heading into San Francisco for the day, so I'll try your solution as soon as we get home. Oops, forgot that my avator is on my work computer. I got so frustrated the other day that I took mine off completely. Have a good day, and thanks again!

Almost forgot -- I can see both of your avatars.

It seems that a custom avatar is very tricky here. I can have one that is supplied by CCritic but it's just not accepting my custom one. It did earlier and now it's deleted. I give up for now!:(

Archived