ecstasy capers anyone

sugcarol

Katybugg,

I have cruised several times during Hurricane season but never actually met up with one. The Cruise lines DO take a real conservative approach when a Hurricane is out and about. So far it appears to be an uneventfull season. Let's decide that it will remain that way.

John

Thanks for replying.You are a seasoned cruiser. Have you ever cruised during Hurricane season? I think this is what scares me the most. Can you really have a good time on a cruise knowing there is a hurricane out there? This is a quuestion only if there is a hurricane out there. Fomm all the postings I have read, most say cthe ship will go aroundriss the storm, waters may be rougher, but we will be safe. ASSURE ME!!!!!. I do have faith in God not in man so I believe that I, Will be safe. Any pointers for me for the Estacy cruise. Thanks. Maybe I'll see you and your family on board.

I have cruised during hurricane season twice, and I am about to again in Sept. The biggest thing to keep in mind is that your port stops could be cancelled to avert a hurricane, or in my case I had a cruise cut short a day. You have to go in knowing that and not let it ruin your trip, and have fun and relax. They are constantly monitoring storms, and will not put you in harms way. They have motion sickness pills for free in the infirmary if the rough seas should ever make you nauseous.

Other tips:

Take a power strip, only one outlet in the room.

Bring extra wire hangers for the closet, then you don't feel bad about leaving behind.

I always take a water bottle (empty) then fill when I get there, remove all my clothes from the suitcase, spray and hang.

Pack an extra empty bag, to put any purchases/souveiners in for the trip home.

Go straight to the pursers desk for a fold up map of the ship.

Hope that helps! Have a great trip :)

Hey Mateys ;) ,

ssrselby and jgb, thanks for the tips. I am confident the storms will stay away. I am so looking forward to this cruise. I wish that I had found it before I booked my trip. I just went online and found a trip that seemed reasonable,not thinking about hurricane season or the different types of rooms. Next year I wllbe more prepared. Yes I said next year. I am already anticipating my vacation next year. Then it will be my husband and I. Gotta go. I am going to sign up on roll call.Thanks so much. Do hope I get to meet you guys.

Archived