Beer

Mamanance

For the love of God, does anyone know the price of a bottle of beer, like Bud? And for buckets. My DH is driving me nuts to find this out. We are going to buy drink coupons, but we think the beer is cheaper. HELP ME OUT GUYS

On our last cruise I bought the buckets of coors light and since it was in a can it was somewhat cheaper than the bucket of 16oz. bottles I seem to remember it was around 14 bucks for four beers.

On our trip on the Glory in April we brought an extra suitcase. Case of Beer, Box of wine and minis for my BIL Scotch/Drambuie. and Baileys

It sure was nice sitting on the Balcony with a Cold One!!!

DH says we will have to start drinking Coors Lite. He says he's not going to pay $5.00 a beer. Not the way we drink. Hell I could buy another cruise cheaper. :D That's awful they charge that much. If you both sit down in the bar and have five beers each, that's sixty bucks, times 7, and I sure the hell can drink more then five.

You're my kind of cruiser. LOL. How did you manage to keep the beer cold? Those mini refrig. are not very cold and hell, to get ice is like pulling teeth at times. I have these soft sided collapsible coolers I got at Walmart. They even have wheels. You get them in the camping dept. I put all my sodas, water and whatever in there. You can send them right up with the porters and they always come up to the cabin undamaged. I suppose I could fill them with ice. The best thing is after you are done the cruise, they fold right up like a big square and you chuck them right in your suitcase. So you can bring your mini's and the mix. I bring peanuts, chips and whatever to go with it.

I have been on 3 cruises, 2 on Princess and 1 On RCCL, we have taken our own adult beverages on all of them. That is how we saved enough money to go on our next cruse in March 2007 :) . Pack it in an extra suite case and don't worry. Your cabin attendant will bring you ice several times a day. Happy sailing!

Majesty of the Sea 2003

Caribbean Princess 2004

Caribbean Princess 2005

Carnival Liberty 2007

event.png

I'll have to get one of those soft-siders thats a neat idea. We try and save as much as we can but that ole S/S seems to still run about 3 pages. Oh well your on vacation who cares about your Liver

I've been reading all these posts about bringing alcohol onboard for a couple of weeks now and well....let me make sure I've got this straight.

You mean you can take a whole cooler (soft sided) of drinks to the porters and it will magically appear in your cabin for your enjoyment while on the cruise. This is unbelieveable. Why would anyone buy alcohol onboard?

We are flying into Tampa the day before our flight. Are there any package stores close to the airport or port that a taxi could stop at easily?

We will save enough for our second cruise if we can actually do this.

We are flying into Tampa the day before our flight. Are there any package stores close to the airport or port that a taxi could stop at easily?

You will be staying at the Marriott if you booked thru Carnival,great hotel but right in the airport so you must go outside the hotel.http://marriott.com/property/areainfoSearchResults.mi As for the port there is nothing but shops and resturants at Channelside http://www.channelsidetampa.com

You buy on board cause you are not supposed to BYOB.

Look at page 2 of your ticket package under "Important Reminders."

"Liquor & Beverage Policy" for details.

And a 12 oz can of is 3.50 a lot less than you'll pay in almost any restaurant or ball game. Yeah you'll pay less at home, but your not at home on a cruise.

I just got off thr liberty and the beer was the same price as listed above. We actually picked a six in most of the ports of call and had no problems. Our room steward emptied out the fridge for us and we kept them in there. We brought big plastic cups and our room steward never left us without ice. We did slip him a 10 on day one, I don't know if that helped?

Yes it is so true. Pack your soft sided cooler, put a room tag on it and up it comes. I ALWAYS bring it. I like having sodas in my room if I want one and I bring mix, in qt. plastic bottles, like tonic water or whatever, if you don't want to bring cans. And I like my bottled water, so I bring that. I take two of these coolers. You can just roll up in bubble wrap a bottle of booze, and then wrap it in a towel, put it in the middle of your suitcase and VIOLA up it comes. I always tell the guys on the dock that I have cans in there and they tell me not to worry. They just chuck it on in one of the big containers. The beauty of those coolers is not only can you fold them up and put them in your suit case when you are leaving, but they have wheels and a handle that comes out of the top for rolling. Piece of cake. You can also buy the nips at the liquor store and chuck them in the suitcase. We always bring metal cups with the lids on them. Then it stays cold and I can shut the lid and give it a shake to mix it. Remember, Walmart camping dept. has them. They are like $25 each. They have lasted me forever. I don't know why people get so bent about others posting that we bring booze onboard. Not all of us are rich, and maybe they don't like to drink. And if the ship put a decent price on the drinks it would be a different story. But I still would bring it. The prices of the cruise aren't' cheap. And you figure multiply that by 3,000 passengers and a crew from a third world country that they pay squat to, then I think they are making out just fine. Just my opinion. Of course there are those that will disagree, but to each his own. :p

You buy on board cause you are not supposed to BYOB.

Look at page 2 of your ticket package under "Important Reminders."

"Liquor & Beverage Policy" for details.

And a 12 oz can of is 3.50 a lot less than you'll pay in almost any restaurant or ball game. Yeah you'll pay less at home, but your not at home on a cruise.

I totaly agree with you. Why bother. Enjoy your vacation.

In the past I have posted the alcohol policy. Yes I agree that this is not a rule that is enforced, however you are taking a risk.

My wife and I only bring one or two bottles of wine to have in our cabin. We always enjoy ordering wine at dinner. I personally find it low class to bring a bottle of wine to dinner. ( special occasions are an exception)

The cost of cruising may seem expensive, but when you figure the cost per day it is far cheaper then any other vacation. All you meals are paid for. You can eat as much as you want, have ten lobster tails if you wish. it won't cost you a penny more. Try that the next time you go out to eat.

The rooms are small. the last thing I need is more clutter. Yes you can have ice delivered to your room to keep your cans of beer cold. But I can go through at least a six pack a day. That is alot of beer to carry on with you.

Once again here is the alcohol policy :

Can I Bring Liquor On Board?spacer.gifA liquor and beverage consumption policy was created in order for Carnival to be able to control the liquor consumption of minors and the quantities consumed that lead to the disruptive behavior of others on board.

Liquor and Beverage Policy

Bringing Alcohol On Board - Embarkation

Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on board. However, wine enthusiasts may bring fine wine or champagne on board only during embarkation at the beginning of the cruise. A $10 corkage fee per bottle will be charged should you wish to consume this wine in the dining room or a $14 corkage fee per bottle in the Supper Club. Guests may bring a small quantity of nonalcoholic beverages. All liquor, excessive quantities of wine and nonalcoholic beverages, to be determined at the discretion of security and/or embarkation personnel, will be confiscated and discarded without compensation. Guests may purchase a variety of beverages on board the ship. Alcoholic beverages will not be sold or served to anyone under the age of 21. We reserve the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the ship’s gift shops or in ports of call will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Ports-of-Call

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in any Port-of-Call will be confiscated at the gangway, stored on board and retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Ship Gift Shops

Alcoholic beverages of any kind purchased in the ship's gift shop will be stored on board and be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage.

Drinking Alcohol On Board -

The minimum age for the purchase and/or consumption of alcoholic beverages in the bars, lounges and gift shops is 21 years of age. Carnival reserves the right to refuse the sale of alcoholic beverages to anyone. In the event that Bar/Restaurant/Gift Shop Staff are in question that a guest is less than 21 years old, they shall request picture identification, prior to serving the drink or selling the bottle of liquor.

I totaly agree with you. Why bother. Enjoy your vacation.

In the past I have posted the alcohol policy. Yes I agree that this is not a rule that is enforced, however you are taking a risk.

My wife and I only bring one or two bottles of wine to have in our cabin. We always enjoy ordering wine at dinner. I personally find it low class to bring a bottle of wine to dinner. ( special occasions are an exception)

The rooms are small. the last thing I need is more clutter. Yes you can have ice delivered to your room to keep your cans of beer cold. But I can go through at least a six pack a day. That is alot of beer to carry on with you.

It's not a bother. The risk? Yeah they might take it away (never had it taken away yet) Big deal. Most people do not bring enough to drink all week. It's impossible LOL !Just enough to keep in their cabin, so they can have a drink out on the balcony before or after dinner or just to get away for a while. Sometimes you don't want to get dressed or be bothered by room service. As for low class if you bring your own wine to dinner? Believe me some people bring some really expensive wine to dine with. Much better than you can purchase on the ship.;)

man, I'm learning some good tips here for a 1st time cruiser. we're on Glory this august. I was thinking of filling some plastic water bottles with vodka and packing them in the suitcase, eh? Heck, sounds like I can even pack beer without carnival taking it? I suppose tipping the porter or cabin steward helps? About getting ice, it's not like a hotel where I take a bucket and get my own ice? We have a balcony room, and I want to enjoy having cocktails on the balcony, so any helpful tips re: drinking on the balcony and relaxing would be awesome!

How does one make their own drinks while lounging near the pool?

I'm also certain that my s&s account will still be pages and pages!

thanks

mbr

Archived