Cruise credit question

Hello, I have a cruise coming up in September, at the completion of that cruise we will become platinum. I want to book another cruise while onboard to get the on board credit. I see that the higher levels get special booking rates for balcony and above. Will they book us for the next cruise at the platinum rate or the regular gold rate. And if they do book us at the regular gold rate, will they retroactively change the rate once the cruise is officially completed and we move up a level? I plan to ask the Loyalty Ambassador anyway, but was just wondering if any CCers had done this and what the precedent is.

Thanks,

Gerri

The "discount" isn't a rate, but rather a set amount off of balcony and above cabins (something like $100 per cabin for a 7 day for Platimum, and a higher amount for Diamond). As reported, you go ahead and book onboard and then as soon as the cruise you are on is credited to your membership, call and RCI will give you the discount. I think you need to call them to have the discount deducted from your cruise fare, but it may be automatic. In our experience though, it's always best to call RCI and make sure it happens. You will definitely qualify for the discount, so don't take no for answer either from an RCI CS rep or your TA.

beachchick

We are platinum right now. We have an April 2008 cruise booked and have already recieved our $100 balcony discount.

We will be diamond members after a Sept 2007 sailing out of Galveston. My plan is to call RCCL C&A up after Oct and request my diamond discount off the April 2008 cruise - and I have no doubt I will get it!

I know that for a 7 night sailing you get $200 off a balcony room if you are diamond. I would assume that you would get more $$ off for a 15 night sailing. I would call C&A and ask.

Happy Sailing!

My DW and I are Diamond members and not long ago returned from a 14 night and 12 night cruise, and as I recall we only received a $200.00 credit. I know that we got a $250.00 onboard credit for being RCCL stockholders on the 14 night, and a $200.00 credit for the 12 night.

Rick

My DW and I are Diamond members and not long ago returned from a 14 night and 12 night cruise, and as I recall we only received a $200.00 credit. I know that we got a $250.00 onboard credit for being RCCL stockholders on the 14 night, and a $200.00 credit for the 12 night.

Rick

If you were in a balcony, you should have received $300 off the cost of your cruise.

Rick

Do you have to have a large amount of stock to receive a credit? How do you find out how much money you get relative to your stock? I used to have quite a few shares of RCCL but no one ever told me there were fringe benefits.

Archived