Meeting Singles

Spinner101

I am cruising on the Conquest in Jan on a themed Jazz cruise. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on meeting other single people. Although I booked this cruise for my love of smooth jazz It would be nice to meet other singles.

• 3 months later...

Hi spinner101 I'll be joining you on the cruise in Jan. I do have some family joining me from another state- but I'd still be in that singles classification. The date was chosen by the family- I was looking at booking a cruise by myself so it worked out great. Always looking for great people to meet.

-Danita

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm on my first solo cruise in October, and I'm looking forward to meeting people. I guess I'll have to make it to the singles party, the Captain's party, and the past guests party :rolleyes:

I'm looking forward to being seated at a large table for dinner, and making some friends.

I find that the best way to meet your fellow cruisers is to have a completely open mind about whether they are singles or couples. Some of the nicest folks I have met were couples but they included me in dinner plans or nites at the disco or whatever. On one cruise, a couple I met seemed to collect singles and put together great impromptu cocktail parties in their suite for all their single friends.

Ok granted that was a one time thing so far but I always asked to be seated at large tables during meals in the dining room and attended every singles party. One lady I met at lunch early in the cruise became my tour buddy in Rome. We spent the free time shopping around the Vatican and eating gelato. It was her first time out of her home state and her first time to travel alone since the passing of her husband. We still communicate.

I would love a jazz cruise too I think. Can you give me some specifics about this one?? Thanks.

How did you find a Jazz themed cruise?...
... Can you give me some specifics about this one??...

Try going to www.google.com and typing in "jazz cruises". You will find the information your fellow Cruise Critic members would recommend, give feedback, etc. if they could.

Per our Guidelines:

There shall be no third-party recommendation of travel agencies on any forums within Cruise Critic. General discussions regarding the TYPE of AGENCY to be used to purchase a cruise will be allowed, as long as no recommendations for any source of purchase are posted.

Here is a previous Announcement from our Community Manager LauraS that may help explain further:

The third-party recommendation of travel agents and agencies is not allowed on Cruise Critic's Message Board forums.

Posts recommending (or warning against) travel agents, travel agencies, cruise-only agencies, travel/cruise brokers, or Personal Cruise Consultants at any cruise line, or any other source where consumer can purchase travel will be removed from the boards. This also includes any comments included in signatures requesting members to e-mail you for information about your travel agencies.

Additionally, posts by members requesting such information will be removed, so please don't ask .

However, the general discussion of the merits of using a BRICK AND MORTAR AGENCY vs. an INTERNET CRUISE AGENCY vs. purchasing from the CRUISE LINE DIRECTLY will be allowed. No recommendations for any travel source will be allowed.

Travel agents who participate on the boards are encouraged to include their company name in their signature. We believe it is in our member's best interest to know which members are travel agents -- so you can best judge the content of their posts. Travel agents may not include contact information of any kind any where in their posts or profiles on Cruise Critic. (Travel Agents may not request members to e-mail them for information, or include contact information of any kind in their signatures or posts). Finally, Cruise Critic reserves the right to rescind the above in the event travel agents/agencies abuse this privilege.

We anticipate your cooperation, and thank you for your participation.

Laura

Basically, the names, web sites, etc. of travel agents/agencies or other cruise-related sites or message boards --- even if "masked" --- are not allowed in Cruise Critic message board posts. Posts asking for the name, site or further information on-line or via e-mail, or posts offering same, will be removed as well as any replies to the deleted posts.

I sincerely hope this information will be satisfactory, even though it is not the type of answer you were seeking.

042202_1319_92_prv.gif Happy trails to you... 042202_1319_92_prv.gif

Kat 50.gif

• 1 month later...
I am cruising on the Conquest in Jan on a themed Jazz cruise. Just wondering if anyone has any tips on meeting other single people. Although I booked this cruise for my love of smooth jazz It would be nice to meet other singles.

I'm a single man, and find that being open to meet people in general is a great way to ultimately meet singles. Besides the obvious, e.g., large table, welcome singles party, etc. all public areas on the ship are great places to meet people. I was on the QM2 recently, and met a couple in the Commodore Club bar the first day. We had a few drinks together and some nice conversation for about a half hour. Two days later, in the G32 nightclub, I spotted the husband, and he invited me to sit down. In the group of people with whom he was sitting, was a lovely single, English lady, and I hit it off with her. So I believe, people lead you to people. Also, since it's a jazz cruise, you have a natural conversation starter, as I would think that many others would be on board for the same reason.

Archived