swimming pools on crown princess

yoyopa

hello,

can anyone tell me about the swimming pools on the crown?

i would like to know the dimensions of the pools and especially about

the swim against the currents pool. and is there any lap swims on the pool?

thanks so much.

There are four pools. Two are for general and family use, and two are restricted to adult use. The first two are called the Neptune Pool, or as my roomie called it, the pool games pool, and the Calypso Pool, also known as the MUTS pool. They occupy the center section of Deck 15, the Lido Deck.

On Deck 15, aft, is the Terrace Pool. It sits behind the Horizon Court area. It is almost square, and is adults-only and has its own bar. Forward on Deck 16 is the Lotus Spa Pool, next to the Lotus Spa, and just below The Sanctuary. This is adults-only, but is larger and longer than the Terrace Pool, and this is where you will find the swim-against-the-current feature. My roomie is a triathlete, and she used this pool, and said that it is a VERY strong current.

There are four pools. Two are for general and family use, and two are restricted to adult use. The first two are called the Neptune Pool, or as my roomie called it, the pool games pool, and the Calypso Pool, also known as the MUTS pool. They occupy the center section of Deck 15, the Lido Deck.

On Deck 15, aft, is the Terrace Pool. It sits behind the Horizon Court area. It is almost square, and is adults-only and has its own bar. Forward on Deck 16 is the Lotus Spa Pool, next to the Lotus Spa, and just below The Sanctuary. This is adults-only, but is larger and longer than the Terrace Pool, and this is where you will find the swim-against-the-current feature. My roomie is a triathlete, and she used this pool, and said that it is a VERY strong current.

hi merion mom,

is the pool and endless pool where you just stay in one spot and swim

like a treadmill? or do you go back and fourth like in a regular pool?

is it crowded?

and is this pool available anytime? i plan i using it a lot.if i must i'll use it at 3am.

and if you have any alternatives to the Snorkeling excursions i would really appreciate it. we're going to dock in grand turk san juan st thomas and bermuda. looking forward to my first cruise.

hi merion mom,

is it crowded?

and is this pool available anytime? i plan i using it a lot.if i must i'll use it at 3am.

and if you have any alternatives to the Snorkeling excursions i would really appreciate it. we're going to dock in grand turk san juan st thomas and bermuda. looking forward to my first cruise.

someone in another post stated that the pools close. They didn't mention what time but on the Caribbean Princess they close at midnight.

Bill

hi merion mom,

is it crowded?

Stay in one spot and swim like hell, like a salmon going upstream to spawn. :)

Not usually crowded. Come and go until you find it as uncrowded as you like.

No, it closes at midnight, according to the Patter. I don't know if the reality matches the printed word.

Go on the snorkeling expedition. There are two or three to select from. This is still a relatively undeveloped paradise. You really have to take an excursion through the ship, if you want to do anything. I felt that we really got our money's worth on our clear kayaking and snorkeling excursion.

Carol is right, it's a treadmill type feature to the pool, an endless pool. There is a button on the wall opposite the Buddha. I found myself drifting one way then the other. Took a bit to get the hang of it. I did finally master the thing. I could handle it for twenty minutes at a pop before I would tire. The current is not variable.

I brought along my goggles and silicon swim cap. They help. I would not want that strong current passing my eyes daily.

The only annoying thing was the people that were annoyed that I used the feature. They were talking in the current while I was trying to swim. I was there first.

The current is not variable.

I brought along my goggles and silicon swim cap. They help. I would not want that strong current passing my eyes daily.

The only annoying thing was the people that were annoyed that I used the feature. They were talking in the current while I was trying to swim. I was there first.

Was there not a round handle type knob on the top that you could turn that would adjust the current? There are such on the other spa pools with this feature on sister ships.

Strange that others would be annoyed about your using the feature as intended in the design of the pool...did they actually say anything to you? How rude if they did!

Was there not a round handle type knob on the top that you could turn that would adjust the current? There are such on the other spa pools with this feature on sister ships.

Strange that others would be annoyed about your using the feature as intended in the design of the pool...did they actually say anything to you? How rude if they did!

I ignored em. Worked for me.

I messed around with it and could not get the stream to adjust. Not sure why, but just be aware that it didn't work for me. I learned that I drift to the left when I swim. Something my experience should have told me, cause if I go off course it's always to the left. :rolleyes:

I ignored em. Worked for me.

I messed around with it and could not get the stream to adjust. Not sure why, but just be aware that it didn't work for me. I learned that I drift to the left when I swim. Something my experience should have told me, cause if I go off course it's always to the left. :rolleyes:

Yes, now I remember. I tried to adjust it and it did not work. Must be broken. Someone should speak to the engineering staff. OP, you make the call when you get onboard, k?

• 9 years later...
hello,

can anyone tell me about the swimming pools on the crown?

i would like to know the dimensions of the pools and especially about

the swim against the currents pool. and is there any lap swims on the pool?

thanks so much.

Taking my grand-daughters on a February cruise. I'm thinking there could well be rain on a California Coastal. This will be their first cruise and they love the idea of being able to swim on a ship. All other Princess Grand Class ships I've cruised on have covered "conservatory" type pools. Does the Crown?:confused:

Edited by jean95404