Email From Princess?

bjkTX

I have read several posts where people indicate they had received an email from Princess on specials, updates, whatever.

We have cruised 3 times, all on Princess, with #4 coming up in October.

I get mail from them monthly it seems - but never an email. I checked my "preferences" and my email address is there and says they can contact me that way.

Would taking a shower help??? I'd like to hear about the last minute deals!

I have read several posts where people indicate they had received an email from Princess on specials, updates, whatever.

We have cruised 3 times, all on Princess, with #4 coming up in October.

I get mail from them monthly it seems - but never an email. I checked my "preferences" and my email address is there and says they can contact me that way.

Would taking a shower help??? I'd like to hear about the last minute deals!

bj: I have been on 7 Princess cruises, I have marked the appropriate boxes in my personalizer, haved called customer service many, many times and I have yet to get one e-mail from them. I do get the snail mail quite often. So I have given up on that and besides I find out more information from this site than anywhere else.

Marilyn

P.S. Taking a shower would not help.:D

Thanks - at least I know it's not me. And having just retired for the second time and living on a fixed income I'd hate to waste hot water if I'm still not going to get an email from Princess :-)

We've sailed Princess 16 times with 17 & 18 & 19 coming up. I have signed up over the years for Princess last minute specials, checked everything on the website to receive offers, and to this day, I can't say I have ever received an email from them.

Definitely time for that shower. LOL

Hmmm just checked the standby area and I was signed up as well - I just added some more locations and changed the standby period - we'll see if that makes a difference.

Toto - ok ok i'm headed for the shower - sheesh.

And my DD who sailed with us only once, when she was 16 (4 years ago) still gets email weekly, as do my husband and I both. Could they possibly still be using an old database, created quite a while ago from heaven knows what source, and never updating it?

You are from TX and don't they have a ship that sails from Galveston? We are in the MidAtlantic and only now w/ the Crown out of NY do we have a port somewhat close. Interesting. I just checked and I don't have all embarkation ports marked on the Standby program and I have it at 3-5 weeks out. I'm going to change it to really last minute and see what happens!

If it makes you feel better, I didn't get that $200 OBC coupon that was going around last month. Harumph! :mad:

I gets tons of email when I don't have anything booked. The moment I book a cruise, the last minute email specials STOP.

The only exception to this is when I have had multiple Captain Circle numbers (which is a no-no).

I have spoken with Capt Circle people telling them I will cruise more if I get more emails but they don't seem to care. This is how their system is setup.

Theresa

I use to get e-mail notifications weekly, now it's one a year.

But, I'm getting more flyers in the mail.... Especially after I booked my cruise.....

I wrote and spoke with Princess and they couldn't give me an answer.....

The upgrade fairy also decides who is going to get emails!!!!

Well bj I do not think that it is either as two years ago we were upgraded from a mini to a suite on the Sapphire and I still was not getting any e-mails, soooo I guess we keep on guessing.:D

Marilyn

Anyone want the receipe for Chilled Strawberry Cream Soup? That came in my last email from them.

I did get that email (newsletter). It is the Princess specials for very good prices (not in the newsletter) that I no longer get.

I'm convinced Princess has a programming problem with their marketing/email system. I too was not getting mail or emails even though I had checked the boxes and triple checked to make sure it was accurate. I had talked with the Captains Circle reps on two different cruises and they assured me everything was accurate, but yet I got nothing, zip.

Then I called Princess and asked to speak to a Captains Circle rep. I asked her to check both mine and my wifes account very closely for anything wrong. After she did she said "that's odd, you have indicated here you do not want any mailings or emailings"?? What I said I just looked 5 min ago on the web site and everything was marked yes! She didn't know what was wrong, but she changed it and lo and behold, after 2 years of no marketing stuff ever from Princess I FINALLY started getting sales and mailings again, both mail and email.

Now...one last point. To me this seemed to start 'failing' when I used my email and street address to register our nephews who were sailing with us 2 years ago. After that all mailings and emails stopped completely. This is total speculation, but I suspect if you ever use the same mail or email address to register multiple passengers, their marketing system gets confused and shuts down the mailings to those addresses if any of the passengers happen to have the wrong check box indicated. Even if other passengers with that same address have it marked yes.

I'f I'm correct Princess is missing a large marketing opportunity with their past passengers who want this stuff. After some Princess executive reads this and figures out how to fix it, I'd expect to be recognized with a 21 day sailing to Austrailia with my wife and I for 2007. So get to work Princess exec, you've got a bug in your system! :)

Hi BjkTX, we get one or two emails per week from Princess, not sure why you aren't getting yours? I think it's a good idea to phone in too to see if a rep can help. Also a few online travel agencies send last minute deals, the top ones. You can still catch some amazing prices. Wish I could say the name but they're one of the big ones and they sometimes get closeout deals much better than the cruise line direct. Hope this helps :confused:

I think they only send emails to those who have no cruises booked. I have enough cruises to be Elite status and currently have 3 cruises booked. I never get promotional emails from Princess. On the other hand, my mom, who uses my email address, gets weekly emails. Sometimes several times a week. She is a platinum member but does not cruise anymore. I do get some snail mail promos, but my mom also gets about 4 times as many of those.

I have only sailed with Princess once and have another cruise booked for December. I get snail mail all the time, for promotions on items other than what I have booked. But I NEVER get e-mail, even with everying checked 'yes' on the website.

Actually got a promotion the other day for free balcony upgrades on sailings just a couple of weeks after mine....very strange.

Their system is frustrating and there is no rhyme or reason.

Archived