TA closed an office

jon46

My TA closed its office which was right across from where I lived. The nearest office is about 20 miles away. Can I call NCL and finish booking with them or do I need my TA to contact them. Im hoping to call tomorrow and just go with NCL. Thanks John

jon: I would suggest you do whatever you're most comfortable with. If you've been dealing with this TA a LONG time and have trust and faith in him/her, what difference does it make where the office is in this day and age?

For me, I book directly with NCL -- that way I can control my booking and whatever happens with it. But that's just me...;)

jon: I would suggest you do whatever you're most comfortable with. If you've been dealing with this TA a LONG time and have trust and faith in him/her, what difference does it make where the office is in this day and age?

For me, I book directly with NCL -- that way I can control my booking and whatever happens with it. But that's just me...;)

I agree: whatever you feel more comfortable with: about 75% of my clients are from areas outside of Albuquerque; infact many from out of the state. I have come in contact with them in many ways, some being clients I had while working for a large TA company in the Dallas. If you feel the need to see your agent personally find a new one, if you feel happy with dealing with NCL directly, that too is ok, but if you don't feel the need to put a face with a name and can get good service go with anyone who gives you that. NMNIta

My TA closed its office which was right across from where I lived. The nearest office is about 20 miles away. Can I call NCL and finish booking with them or do I need my TA to contact them. Im hoping to call tomorrow and just go with NCL. Thanks John

You did mention "finish booking" with them. If you have not booked, you can go elsewhere or direct with NCL. Your choice.

You are still booked with this TA (assuming you did book). Not sure what the 20 miles has to do with it. You can still call them and they can mail anything you might need. But, many of us deal with a TA in another state and have never actually met them. We do credit cards over the phone or internet and they either mail the docs, or we get email docs.

Archived