Regatta 11/15/06 single traveller

dellas1000

Hi im a 30 year old guy and need a cruise just to chill and total relaxation. Im just wondering if this cruise is for me . 10 nights Transatlantic. Would I look a bit of an idiot just on this cruise by myself and dining alone??? I really like the idea of 10 nights pure chilling out and the luxury of the Regatta. I have been on RCI/CEL and Silversea. I loved Silversea it was such a nice sized ship. I dont want to go on the big ships as I want something more intimate.

I have a few questions also::::

1/ I dont really drink so I mostly drink soft drinks, I suppose you just have to pay for each soda you have and theres not a soda package that you can buy ??? How much are the sodas???

2/ Is it free to use the steam rooms / saunas onboard Regatta???

My ideal is proberbly sleep in until 9am or 10am get up for breakfast then chill on deck listening to my ipod or reading and just being totally lazy so with all those days at sea Im really tempted just to book before I change my mind.

Any feedback or tipps much appreciated.

I say go for it. There was a fair proportion of single travelers on the Regatta transatlantic last November. As to whether the weather will be suitable for being outside much during the first week or so, it's impossible to say. We didn't have sunny weather last year until the last few days of the voyage.

The excellent cuisine and service, with the relaxed pace of few port days, made it all worth it.

Ivan

We did this transatlantic cruise last year, and it was hands down the best, most relaxing vacation of our lives. Go for it...you'll have a wonderful time. When you dock, you'll return to the "real world" relaxed and rejuvenated.

Well there is a great deal from Ireland its not much more for single occupancy so I may just book it , after reading the reviews etc.. I think Id really enjoy it. Just have to look for connecting flights to Lisbon and back from Miami to Dublin. That will proberbly be as much as the cruise.

No it is definatley cruise only but I can get a Dublin to Lisbon for $80 oneway with Aer Lingus and it gets into Lisbon at 9am so plenty of time to get to the ship as I dont want to stop in Lisbon due to an engagement on the 14th November. On the return I can get a Miami to Dublin via Chicago for $480 so its not too bad at all.

The ss is 125% on the trans-Atlantic..

Stu and I will be on the cruise and would love to meet you..

Jan

This is interesting. My TA said ss for our cruise( Nov 2007, Istanbul to Barcelona) is 200% of cruise fare. Does that sound right?:confused:

This is interesting. My TA said ss for our cruise( Nov 2007, Istanbul to Barcelona) is 200% of cruise fare. Does that sound right?:confused:

Your travel agent is correct on most cruises..on trans-Atlantic they drop the ss to attract more people ..sometimes they have it less on cruises that are early in Europe..

Have your agent check closer to departure

Jan

wrote in part:

1/would I look like an idiot dining alone?

2/theres not a soda package that you can buy ??? How much are the sodas???

3/Is it free to use the steam rooms / saunas onboard Regatta???

1. not at all and if you decide you want company the maitre d' will ask you when you enter the dining room if you would like to share..you will then be seated at a large table..easy to meet people.

2. no soda packages..cost a couple dollars a can

3. yes..just go to the spa and you can give them your room card..they will give you a locker key to use..that is free..return key to them when you are done get room card back. e..z.

Archived