Wound a Sterling Grey Tux be Cruiseworthy?

I would like some input from all the fashion guru's of Cruise Critic :) Check out this tux and let me know what you think.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2893792143

I already have a black tux, but since I have never been on a cruise I was wondering if there were many Grey tuxedos in the Dining Room formal night.

Dont worry about telling me this is a horrific idea, I can take it :D

Thanks in advance

:) Hi Jeff, I agree with the previous poster.....I think you will look very handsome in the grey:D ...and that red bow tie and vest make it look even extra nice!

Horrific?? I don't think so!!! I would be flattered to be on your arm...in either color..black or grey!!

Have a great cruise:)

My preference is for black because I like a classic look. To me, any other color looks like a 1970s wedding. But maybe if you saw the way I dressed, you wouldn't want my opininon on fashion.

Hi Andee:) ....now, with that comment....

" But maybe if you saw the way I dressed, you wouldn't want my opinion on fashion"

I have to ask....how do you dress?

I have never seen a gray tux on a cruise. And...it's just my opinion, but I would rather my guy stick with black and jazz it up with color, and tie variations. Or, possibly a white dinner jacket.

It is a nice tux, but it does remind me of something you would see at a wedding.

It looks like wedding attire (morning suit?), and personally I like my guy to look like James Bond. Randall typically brings his white dinner jacket and black tuxedo pants on our cruises...

Natalie

Hey October,

I think it looks quite unique and classy. Who wants to look like everybody else? Women get to wear a large variety of formal wear, why can't the guys? I think you'd look great in it. Besides, you'd stand out nicely in it.

Who needs robots? Far too many in our society IMHO. Let us know what you decide.

Go for it!

Happy Sailing!

Romy

:) Romy, glad to know I am not the only one who thinks he would look nice in it!

Jeff, please do...... let us know what you decide!

And you are quite welcome:D !

BrodyBarb were you able to see the capers clearly? I saw that it mentioned a safety meeting Thurs at 10am for passengers boarding in Barbados.

Yeah, it was clear. But it was pretty big and when I viewed the pre print it was so big that it was gonna print each page in sections.

Have you tried printing it? There's probably a way to fit each page on one piece of paper. I just haven't figured out how!

I heard someone say that the 'muster' would be on sunday, even for people like me boarding in Barbados on a wednesday, it's interesting to know that they've taken that into consideration and are doing it on my 'second' day!

I will let you ladies know what I decide. Since the price is so reasonable for the Grey tux, I might just buy it and bring it along with my Black.. I love the classy traditional look, but at times I think men should step outside the box and add a touch of variety.

Whatever I decide I will be sure to post my formal pics on this thread.

BrodyBarb

Hmm I didnt try to print it. I will play with the scanner again later this week.Oh I wanted to ask you. While the thought of wearing camouflage shirts and pants never entered my mind, why is it illegal in Barbados?

The thing is Jeff, I love camouflage clothing (coming from the uk we never had a problem there) - I only recently found this out, we were doing a production with the youth at our church (being a soldier in the army of the Lord) and one of the youth leaders reminded the kids that they cannot wear camouflage. Apparently for some reason it is only allowed for military persons. I suppose that here they take that kind of thing very seriously - maybe it would be confusing to see camouflage on non-military people especially if their behaviour was not good.

You can't even buy the fabric overseas and bring it in neither. BTW it's not just shirts and pants, it's bandanas, hats - whatever.

Uniforms are very important here. There are no schools in this country that don't have uniforms. Uniforms are everywhere and you're expected to behave a certain way whilst wearing them too!

I'm thinking that maybe it is a good thing if you think about how important the military is at this time.

Archived