Frustrated!!!

Well we have waited for the "new and improved" excursion web site for over two months now. If anything, I believe it is getting worse instead of better! As you can see, I am less than 80 days from my next cruise. there are still only 7 (out of 55) excursions available to be booked at out first port. It is the same or worse at all the rest of the ports except for Labadee. When you "browse" there are even less excursions listed than in the section to purchace the excursions. When you call the excursion desk, the best you can hope for is getting blown off by some "snotty" individual. At worst, and unfortunately the most common attitude is "too bad, so sad, all I can do is lie to you", "call customer service if you don't like what I have to say". I do try to be pleasant, but that is getting to be more difficult everytime I call. It was going to be "fixed" by the first week of July...now "maybe" the second week of August. To top it off, I am trying to plan a cruise for our 30th wedding anniversary next year and half of the ports have NO excursions available. I have to admit that I am almost to the point of telling RCL to stuff it (forgetting my almost Diamond plus status) and starting all over with another cruise line.

Is this the same thing everyone else is experiencing???:confused:

Hi WECoyote I on the same ship and in the same boat (always wanted to say that:o ). Our group has organized a trip to Sting Ray City through Native Way. I suggest that maybe you should look at Boards of Call and maybe make some private bookings.

Hi WECoyote I on the same ship and in the same boat (always wanted to say that:o ). Our group has organized a trip to Sting Ray City through Native Way. I suggest that maybe you should look at Boards of Call and maybe make some private bookings.

You know, I have always booked thru the lines in case of problems. But, for once, I think I will take your advice and book private excursions. I'll probably see you at the "city" ... until then....

Rick, if you use one of the companies recommended by many CC'ers, you'll have no problems. They are all HIGHLY aware of the need to get their customers back to the ship on time.

The only time that I book with the cruiseline now is if there are no alternatives, i.e., private islands or new destinations. (I was just in Grand Turk)

I stopped booking excursions through RCCL a long time ago just for that reason.Poor customer service,overpriced and the we don't care attitude.I wonder how long it would take them to fix it if everyone boycotted ship sponsored excursions and used the locals.The only thing that brings change anymore is by hitting them were it hurts-in the wallet!

On this itinerary, the only excursions I wouldn't book independently are the ruins tours (Tulum, etc.) in Coz. Other then that, you'll get better excursions at a lower price, especially in GC.

Hit the ports boards, set up your tours, and then kick back and wait for your cruise. It sure beats being frustrated.

Happy Anniversary.

I agree with Merionmom, try a suggested private tour operator. There are some WONDERFUL gems out there and many CCer's have made some great suggestions. I rarely book a cruise excirsion anymore and am very happy.

First let me say, Nliedel, I am glad to see you posting. Sorry you had to go through that ordeal on the Crown Princess.

Now, I will have to agree it is frustrating not having the excursions up and running. I did not book my cruise. My husband's aunt is taking us all on this cruise and she has made all the arrangements. I did however just get my my reservation number. So I go to look at the excursions and they are down.

We booked through Native Way ourselves 3 years ago. We had the best trip to sting ray city. We had only 4 on the huge boat and the crew had time to give us individual attention. The price was less than RCCL and the other boats there were packed with people. On the way back I went up to the top of the boat and had it all to myself to lounge in the sun. The crew also recovered several conches and cleaned them for us for free souvineres.

I am in the same boat, no pun intended, well, yeah, it was intended! :)

I have an Oct 8 and a Nov 5th sailing and except for MoBay and 6 excursion in Cozumel, no other excursion options are available. I emailed RCCL and got this reply:

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly

note that, the tours and pricing for the Caribbean is seasonal - and

operate as winter to summer. We update a few months prior and operate

tours and prices effective as of October 1st. You will have the

opportunity to pre-book tours through the online "PURCHASE OPTION” on the

website with current pricing sometime around the first or second week of

August 2006. Please try back then.

The shore excursions are shown online through the "BROWSE OPTION". You

may review our winter 2005 - summer 2006 Caribbean information, which

became effective as of October 1, 2005 and expires on September 30.

2006. However, please be advised that not all shore excursions shown in

the shore excursion brochure or online "BROWSE OPTION" will be

available. The online "PURCHASE OPTION" will reflect the exact tours with

departure time(s) operating during the sailing in question for that

itinerary.

So, maybe next week... I'm not holding my breath!

Rick, if you use one of the companies recommended by many CC'ers, you'll have no problems. They are all HIGHLY aware of the need to get their customers back to the ship on time.

The only time that I book with the cruiseline now is if there are no alternatives, i.e., private islands or new destinations. (I was just in Grand Turk)

I would love to book independently, but I'm just worried about something going wrong ie: getting back to the ship on time etc...

I would love to book independently, but I'm just worried about something going wrong ie: getting back to the ship on time etc...

I post this a lot, but it's true. The tour operators live and die by getting people back to the ship on time. I've booked many independant people and always been very pleased. I research the heck out of it first and think that if you are careful it can be a wonderful way to see the ports.

I am in the same boat, no pun intended, well, yeah, it was intended! :)

I have an Oct 8 and a Nov 5th sailing and except for MoBay and 6 excursion in Cozumel, no other excursion options are available. I emailed RCCL and got this reply:

Dear Guest,

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience. Kindly

note that, the tours and pricing for the Caribbean is seasonal - and

operate as winter to summer. We update a few months prior and operate

tours and prices effective as of October 1st. You will have the

opportunity to pre-book tours through the online "PURCHASE OPTION” on the

website with current pricing sometime around the first or second week of

August 2006. Please try back then.

The shore excursions are shown online through the "BROWSE OPTION". You

may review our winter 2005 - summer 2006 Caribbean information, which

became effective as of October 1, 2005 and expires on September 30.

2006. However, please be advised that not all shore excursions shown in

the shore excursion brochure or online "BROWSE OPTION" will be

available. The online "PURCHASE OPTION" will reflect the exact tours with

departure time(s) operating during the sailing in question for that

itinerary.

So, maybe next week... I'm not holding my breath!

We had this same experience last year (and same email) when we sailed in November. All I can say is keep checking as they will continue to add excursions to the new list as they get the revised prices. I printed out the current excursion list for reference and then kept checking for the ones I wanted to purchase. Once they became available we were able to book all the excursions we wanted unfortunately most were cnacelled because of the weather or damage from the hurricanes that rolled through areas last year. Anyway, all I can say is be paitent and they will start to appear.

Archived