Identity of Cruise Director, Concierge, etc.

Rosetta

How about the Captain? Is it Captain Fafalios back onboard or is he still on vacation?

Hi Lynne - Sadly John will not be on the Jewel voyage in January. :(

Lars Bergstrom was the Jewel's captain 12/12- 12/19.

Brian Walters is one of our favorite NCL HDs...he gave us a VIP upgrade this past week when he saw us at the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. Nothing like breakfast and lunch at Cagney's! ;)

Brian Walters is one of our favorite NCL HDs...he gave us a VIP upgrade this past week when he saw us at the Cruise Critic Meet and Greet. Nothing like breakfast and lunch at Cagney's! ;)

Nice! That is wonderful. I didn't get a chance to meet Mr. Walters but from what I saw this past week on the Jewel he is running a fantastic ship. NJHorseman, it was wonderful meeting you on the Jewel cruise. I hope you had a great time!

Coffeecat

Thank you for the update on the Captain. Lars was onboard in January of this year as well. I hope that Captain Fafalios comes back soon! Did you happen to ask him when he was signing off or being a "leaver"?

Had you met Brian before this cruise?

Nice! That is wonderful. I didn't get a chance to meet Mr. Walters but from what I saw this past week on the Jewel he is running a fantastic ship. NJHorseman, it was wonderful meeting you on the Jewel cruise. I hope you had a great time!

Coffeecat

Nice to meet you, too.

We always have a good time cruising!

Thank you for the update on the Captain. Lars was onboard in January of this year as well. I hope that Captain Fafalios comes back soon! Did you happen to ask him when he was signing off or being a "leaver"?

Had you met Brian before this cruise?

I didn't have the opportunity to talk to Captain Bergstrom. He wasn't at the Meet and Greet, and we didn't attend any of the other gatherings we were invited to.

We met Brian when he was the HD on our Majesty cruise to Bermuda last October. He remembered us, although didn't initially recall our names (not surprising given the many thousands of passengers he has had on his ships) when he saw us at the Jewel Meet and Greet.

Lars Bergstrom is a great guy !! I was sorry to see him leave the Star, but I understand NCL is going to be moving a lot of officers from ship to ship.

Mr Weave! Please tell us who our other favorites on the Star won't be there:(! PLUS Tell us who ARE the Captain, HD, F&B, CD etc. for the Jan & April 2011 cruises, if you know? Hopefully the ones for your Jan cruise will still be there come April. We thought, if anyone, you would know!:D

Any Help? Anybody else know about the NCL Star Jan-April '11 crew identities? Thanks! And Merry Christmas!!

Ruth & Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Hey folks. Going to be on the Spirit end of Feb and was not familiar with Kyle. Thoughts, opinions? We LOVE the entertainment options on NCL and spending time with the cruise staff on cruises, and was wondering if anyone could tell me about Kyle and his staff. Are they fun? Outgoing?

Thanks in advance for replies.

Just on Spirit last week here is the line-up. Captain is Kenneth Harstrom CD is Kyle Dodson HD is Prem Concierge is Belle and our butler was Maurice.

Going to be in an AD on the Spirit 2/20. How was your experience with Belle and Maurice?

Would love it if someone could post who the senior staff are on the Gem right now???!!

1/1/11 Gem out of NYC

Captain - Frank Juliussen

Hotel Director - Steven Jacobson

Cruise Director - Rob Sugar

Concierge - Ruth Hagar

This was Ruth's last cruise on the Gem - She has moved to the Epic.

Butler, Room Steward, and Assistant for the courtyard, garden villa and deluxe owners suite on the starboard side: Josephine, Victorio, and David.

I met just about all of the rest of the senior staff but don't have the names on any papers we brought back. All the folks listed above I saw and spoke with almost daily - except the captain, I only ran into him twice in 10 days.

Steven is out and about all the time and great to talk to.

Rob is Mr. 'Buh-Bye' (it is his signature sign off for announcements).

If you are lucky enough to be on the starbord side of 14 or 15 you will have the best cabin team on the ship!

As of Jan 16th 2011:

Captain - Kostas Fafalios

HD - Jean-Michel Dhelin (vacation appr. 03/01-04/10, then Pearl till appr. 06/17, then ?)

CD - Sinan Ulucay (goes to Epic in April)

Concierge - Patrick Berido

Butler deck 9 - Lucky Lee

Butler deck 10 - Orlando

Archived