More Refunds from the 7/11 Affair!

craiggers14

We were on the cruise and my daughter did sustain injuries and was treated in the Medical Center on Deck 5 - they gave her a medical chart, but they never collected it - so how will they know who was injured or not injured.

I worked in the Medical Center and many people were treated and released without any information obtained. I still have her medical chart and documentation at home.

This letter must be for all passengers on the ship - guess we will have to see.

Thanks for the info.

Has anyone gotten the letter yet that wasn't injured or treated on the ship on at the hospital????

As a nurse who pitched in on the ship, there were many people treated and released and we never got names, cabin numbers, etc. So in my opinion, there is no official list of "injured" floating around!!!:confused:

I agree with other posters, it must be for "all" since all on the ship suffered through this incident. I'm sure we will get clarification soon.

Delores,

My guess, and it is only that, is they are working off the list of people who filed incident reports. Since I saw the guy who said, "I wonder how much we can get out of them in a lawsuit" file an incident report, this list may be dubious at best. I suspect some injured people never filled anything out. Which would be normal.

Again, I am not criticising Princess. It's just a comment.

Delores,

My guess, and it is only that, is they are working off the list of people who filed incident reports. Since I saw the guy who said, "I wonder how much we can get out of them in a lawsuit" file an incident report, this list may be dubious at best. I suspect some injured people never filled anything out. Which would be normal.

Again, I am not criticising Princess. It's just a comment.

Your sleep issues are a valid "injury" as a result of this tragedy and you should make sure that you are included in the very sensible offer by Princess to compensate "injured" passengers as a result. All you should need to do is have your physician send a letter. As we should all know these days, injuries are not all external. No doubt, the cruise line will attempt to argue that this only covers physically injured passengers, but you should insist they come in to the 21st century in terms of what trauma can do to people. Let us know how it turns out...

Your sleep issues are a valid "injury" as a result of this tragedy and you should make sure that you are included in the very sensible offer by Princess to compensate "injured" passengers as a result. All you should need to do is have your physician send a letter. As we should all know these days, injuries are not all external. No doubt, the cruise line will attempt to argue that this only covers physically injured passengers, but you should insist they come in to the 21st century in terms of what trauma can do to people. Let us know how it turns out...

HA! Not eligible here and not sure if asking to be eligible is some sort of cop out or if I really am? I'm talking to my doc tomorrow about the sleep thing. I do NOT want to get hooked on Ambian. Not that she will let me become addicted to anything. She's a great doc that listens to me. Bless her.

Did I tell you were my doc was last week? ON A CRUISE! The dog. :) One I suggested too. Hope she had a good time or I see a large shot in my future.

HA! Not eligible here and not sure if asking to be eligible is some sort of cop out or if I really am? I'm talking to my doc tomorrow about the sleep thing. I do NOT want to get hooked on Ambian. Not that she will let me become addicted to anything. She's a great doc that listens to me. Bless her.

Did I tell you were my doc was last week? ON A CRUISE! The dog. :) One I suggested too. Hope she had a good time or I see a large shot in my future.

Seriously, it is not a cop out. You do not normally spend a whole week with 2 hours a night worth of sleep do you? Don't feel like you are grubbing for something, lots of effected passengers are getting appropriate compensation, and you should get yours too. This is not about trying to get something extra but appropriate compensation for your painful experience (call it what you will, but by your own posts, it is clear to some of us that you have have negative effects from this). I am not urging you to to soak the corporate giant, merely to seek the same compensation that they are offering to others. They seem to view the "physical" injuries as the priority at this point, but they need to recognize that those who can demonstrate other effects, such as prolonged insomnia, deserve equal treatment.

Seamates - I agree with you. There is no way Princess can separate people by physical or mental injuries. I suspect all on board will get the letter - some mail is just slower than others!

I would give it a few days before getting worried....Nancy, don't lose more sleep over this - you are just getting on the right trackk!!!:o

Seamates - I agree with you. There is no way Princess can separate people by physical or mental injuries. I suspect all on board will get the letter - some mail is just slower than others!

I would give it a few days before getting worried....Nancy, don't lose more sleep over this - you are just getting on the right trackk!!!:o

Certainly no one wants this to give Nancy extra stress. But I suspect that you are too generous in your thought that Princess will willingly acknowledge non-physical injuries. It has been reported by past posters that the letter has been sent to those passengers who were attended either onboard or on shore for physical injuries. Nancy should not wait for a letter, in my opinion, but should seek equal compensation, if she wishes to, without waiting for a letter which will never come.

Hi Nancy,

Please take this for what's it worth and no harm is meant.

I know that you might find solice in reading and staying up with Cruise Critic. but it might be helpful if you took a break from the boards for awhile. It might help you with your sleep. Maybe try it for a few days and see if it helps.

Good luck either way.

If you read the CORRECTION again, it states how the passenger addressed was injured. It then goes on to say that that same injured passenger will be reimbursed for some onboard charges and shore excursions. It also states it is only good for ONE cruise fare. It was addressed to only the person in our household that sustained injuries.

I think it's for any passenger that physically left the ship to go to the hospital. That is documented. I haven't spoke with anyone from the ship who wasn't injured and got the letter. Are there any of you out there?

That's what I got from it.

Is it 25% off the total cruise price or a 25% credit of the fare you paid for your Crown sailing?

We still had to pay our onboard account for the Star even though I was injured and lost everything. It would have been nice if Princess had refunded us but they didn't.

I wonder if Princess learned a little lesson from the Star issue and tried to be ahead of the problem and offer the generous things...???

I hope you eventually get reimbursed for your belongings...you know Princess has insurance to cover themselves. ;)

jad - I was the one who started this thread. No I wasn't injured. Yes I got the letter (obviously). And from the responses in this thread, there's no way to know who was injured and who wasn't. Princess didn't take any names or staterooms from people who were bandaged up and sent on their way. I was told by a nurse we ate dinner with that many of the people helping the injured were fellow passengers. They were making do using rubber gloves and filling them with ice to make ice packs. They couldn't be bothered asking "what stateroom are you in so I can let Princess know that you were hurt".

It seems to me that this is Princess' way of saying "give us a chance to make your next cruise right". It's working. I was already thinking about the eastern itinerary on Crown for next summer. If the 25% credit comes through it'll be a done deal.

jad - I was the one who started this thread. No I wasn't injured. Yes I got the letter (obviously). And from the responses in this thread, there's no way to know who was injured and who wasn't. Princess didn't take any names or staterooms from people who were bandaged up and sent on their way. I was told by a nurse we ate dinner with that many of the people helping the injured were fellow passengers. They were making do using rubber gloves and filling them with ice to make ice packs. They couldn't be bothered asking "what stateroom are you in so I can let Princess know that you were hurt".

It seems to me that this is Princess' way of saying "give us a chance to make your next cruise right". It's working. I was already thinking about the eastern itinerary on Crown for next summer. If the 25% credit comes through it'll be a done deal.

Check out the correction thread. Is that the letter you recieved?

Has anyone gotten the letter yet that wasn't injured or treated on the ship on at the hospital????

As a nurse who pitched in on the ship, there were many people treated and released and we never got names, cabin numbers, etc. So in my opinion, there is no official list of "injured" floating around!!!:confused:

I agree with other posters, it must be for "all" since all on the ship suffered through this incident. I'm sure we will get clarification soon.

Dolores, when I was reading page 1 of this thread, I immediately thought of you, and how you explained to us that pretty much NOTHING was documented or official with the medical treatment during this whole thing. They didn't even check (how could they?) if the volunteers were in fact medically competent to help.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out, since it has obviously NOT been sent ONLY to passengers who were treated at a land-based hospital.

I had to take Ambien for a month following the Star incident to be able to try and get some sleep. For the first week it didn't even really work as I still woke up at 3 am.

Getting off the Ambien wasn't that difficult. I actually at the end starting cutting the pill in half and worked my way off it that way. There's the 10 mg and the 5 mg so maybe discuss this with your doctor.

Good luck, I hope you are able to return to a normal nights sleep very soon.

Carolyn

I had to take Ambien for a month following the Star incident to be able to try and get some sleep. For the first week it didn't even really work as I still woke up at 3 am.

Getting off the Ambien wasn't that difficult. I actually at the end starting cutting the pill in half and worked my way off it that way. There's the 10 mg and the 5 mg so maybe discuss this with your doctor.

Carolyn

Carolyn you cannot imagine how much this post helped me. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

Carolyn you cannot imagine how much this post helped me. Thank you so much!!!!!!!!

I'm glad. I promise you, sleep and good dreams will return, it will just take time. Hope you're doing well.

Carolyn

Except for the sleep thing everything is back to normal here.

It doesn't sound like we are all getting the letter. I called Princess yesterday once I heard about this and was told it was only for people who had a medical emergency. I still have a 9 year old who will not sleep alone and is having nightmares. I feel Princess needs to address ALL of its passengers or the "LAWSUITS" will begin. Anyone ever heard of discrimination?

I agree - I understand many people went to the hospital and those cases are well documented, but some have posted that weren't injured and got the 'good' letter and others that were injured, but did not seek treatment right away or did seek treatment but their names weren't taken, did not get the letter.

To be fair to all - this needs to be offered to all on board. We all suffered the same experience - just to different degrees!

Thanks for sharing your experience with the phone call to Princess.

It doesn't sound like we are all getting the letter. I called Princess yesterday once I heard about this and was told it was only for people who had a medical emergency. I still have a 9 year old who will not sleep alone and is having nightmares. I feel Princess needs to address ALL of its passengers or the "LAWSUITS" will begin. Anyone ever heard of discrimination?

You're behind a coupla days! The lawsuits have already started...The lawyers are lining up ready to line their pockets......:cool:

Ok- I am a little confused. There were 3100 passengers on the Crown and this thread has basically died with only a couple pepole saying they got a letter from Princess offering the 25% discount and some shipboard expenses paid - why is that?

Has anyone else seen this letter or gotten it in the last couple days? Why aren't more people comeing forward with this info.....kind of weird. We have a CC group for the 7/11 cruise and no one in our group of about 40 people has gotten this letter.....

Any explanation?????:confused:

Archived