How Many Cruise Days?

:) We Have 65 On Hal And 116 Spread Out Over 10 Other Lines. We Are Booked For 30 More On Hal Jan 07 Hawaii And French Polynesia On Ryndam. Like Navy Chief I Too Have Many Naval Deployments To Add To The Count But Only About Half Of Navy Chiefs Total (although I Think I Got Him Beat On Number Of Ports. I Salute You Navy Chief You Did A Lot Of Steaming I Retired As An Skc In 93 And Probably Had A Lot More Shore Duty

Dolphin Iv, Sunward, Nordik Express, Mv Bond, Northern Ranger, Big Red Boat Ii 2x, Regal Empress, Carnival Victory, Rotterdam Vi 2x, Zenith 2x, Kwartha Voygeur, Golden Princess, Queen Mary Ii, Maasdam 2x, Carnival Legend, Nordic Empress, Noordam, Norwegian Spirit, Also: Uss Spartanburg County, Uss Moale, Uss Myles C Fox, Uss Damato, Uss Vogelgesang, Uss Ortolon, Uss Fulton

Let's see: 253 days so far on HAL: adding another 10 this October; 49 more beginning January 15th, 2007 and 23 more in November of 2007.

Heck, March to November is way too long to go without another cruise - I may have to do a back to back Alaska cruise next summer.:D

No wonder I never have any money - HAL has it. Ah, that's okay, I love cruisin'.

We did stray from HAL one time - and that was one time too many - on a 15 day Panama Canal cruise with another cruiseline which has since gone out of business. Gee, I wonder why - it couldn't be that they were awful could it?

Valerie:)

After reading this thread I am so much in envy for all of you with so many cruise and HAL days. Mary and I were able to accumulate 31 HAL days in our first year of cruising. To me having one month cruising out of a year is just wonderful. Working on getting my month at sea for the next twelve months.

Jeff

1074 days on HAL (72 cruises)

and about 100 on other lines.

Lovely to hear from you. I hope you have been keeping well. This time last year we were on the Maasdam with you. Hasn't the year gone quickly!

You have the longest amount of days on HAL of anyone I actually know. Congratulations. :)

Jennie

Had to go into signature to figure this out.............

24 Days on Holland

Other 7 scheduled for 9/17

92 Days Other lines

We are down to the point where we really like HAL and Celebrity and now

book them the most :D

I think we have around 250+ on HAL -with another 27 or 28 booked for September on the Noordam. I KNOW we will receive our Silver medalions the WC in January -and at that point -ONLY lack 3 or 4 days[ the cruise is 105 days] We also have around 100 days on Princess [ many short cruises during our working years] and around 30 on Cunard -and around 30 on Celebrity.

Explanation; Cruising was by FAR the most restful type of vacation we could ever take; and during our working years -I think I can logically claim that it was MANY cruises that "saved my life/sanity". It is also one of the easiest ways to vacation with the rest of the family [12] within 4 generations [ including the one OLDER than us!] Only problem; now they ALL want to go on ALL our trips! Anne

We used to cruise on HAL a lot but for the last few years it has been mostly Celebrity:

Total:641 including Oct 2006

Celebrity: 305 + 34 this October-Nov

HAL: stuck at 150

Princess: 109

RCL: 31

NCL: 12

Wow, lots of seasoned cruisers here. I'm still a rookie, with a mere 14 days, but I consider myself lucky because it's 14 more than most people I know. :rolleyes:

LOL ... don't feel bad. I'm not that much farther along than you. I can't ever imagine getting some of the numbers I am reading on this thread. I just wouldn't have enough time to sail that often.

I have 54 days on HAL, with another 13 booked for this year ... 18 booked for next year. Sounds like it'll be 2008 at the earliest before I get my 100 day medallion. :)

I also have 25 days on Princess (two separate cruises) and five days on Celebrity.

Yep, I'm far from an able-bodied Mariner, huh? :)

Blue skies ...

--rita

We have 341 days; 237 on RCI, 19 on others and 85 on HAL. I am trying so hard to get to 100 on HAL, but I think I'm jinxed. We have had to cancel two cruises at the last minute due to illness and they were both on HAL. And we were booked on a 4 + 3 coastal on HAL last year that they happily accepted payment for and then I found out on these boards that it was illegal due to the Jones Act. (When I phoned HAL to ask about it they said "why yes, we should not have booked that for you - so sorry". I'm afraid that my husband's poor health will keep us away from the 100 day mark, but who knows?

I think we have around 250+ on HAL -with another 27 or 28 booked for September on the Noordam. I KNOW we will receive our Silver medalions the WC in January

Hey Anne,

We should get our silver medallions together on the GWV. At least I am assuming that I will be awarded mine before Hong Kong since I'm not doing the entire cruise:) .

Rita: Don't laugh, under the "old" HAL rules I'm pretty sure that you would have actually qualified for at least the Able-bodied Mariner status. I can't remember how many days you needed but they used to award certificates. I know that somewhere in the house I still have my husband's and my Able-bodied Mariner and Cadet Mariner certificates, along with the "new fangled" 25 and 50 day pins and the copper medallions and pins.

ore-ee-gun: Congratulations on your 14 days aboard HAL. Watch out though because pretty soon you are going to be as "hooked" as the rest of us.

Happy cruising all.

We have 341 days; 237 on RCI, 19 on others and 85 on HAL. I am trying so hard to get to 100 on HAL, but I think I'm jinxed. We have had to cancel two cruises at the last minute due to illness and they were both on HAL. And we were booked on a 4 + 3 coastal on HAL last year that they happily accepted payment for and then I found out on these boards that it was illegal due to the Jones Act. (When I phoned HAL to ask about it they said "why yes, we should not have booked that for you - so sorry". I'm afraid that my husband's poor health will keep us away from the 100 day mark, but who knows?

Hi BJane,

I am so sorry to hear that your husband is in poor health and hope that he feels better soon. I also hope that you attain that "magic" 100 days with HAL. It is only a stupid copper medallion and pin but at least it is some recognition of your loyalty to HAL.

Very interesting! You all have prompted me to add the wonderful days up:

176 of my approximate 24637 days have been spent on ships and liners---- 102 of those on HAL ships.

My chilhood summers were spent cruising the Great Lakes on our family boat.

All I know for sure is that I am happiest either "by" the water or "on" it.

The awards used to be by completed cruises not days at sea.

Able Mariner (upon completion of the 3rd cruise}

Cadet Mariner {upon completion of the 5th cruise]

Grand Mariner {upon completion of the 10th cruise]

40,000 Mile {upon completion of 115 cruise days}

100,000 Mile {upon completion of 285 cruise days]

I never thro anything out. So I still had on of the forms.

Archived