Westminster City Inn: London

I would like info from anyone that has recently stayed at the Westminster City Inn in London. Especially want to know if your room was ready when you arrived. We get to London at 6:30 am.

Any other comments about the hotel and surrounding area?

We stayed at this hotel last year. I e-mailed the hotel about 2 weeks before arriving noting that we were going to be arriving early and hoped we could get into our room early. They responded that they would note our reservation but could not promise anything.

We actually got there earlier than I expected (around 9:15am) and were able to get into our room. We were under the RCI package and we were staying 2 nights. I know there were a lot of people who only were staying 1 night so I do not know if it was because we were there 2 days early and not many others were or if it was my e-mail.

It is a great hotel and the staff was so helpful. Great location with in walking distance of hop on/off bus, Westminster Abbey etc. I would definetly stay at this hotel again.

We stayed there last year, but our arrival time was more like 2:30 in the afternoon. Our room was ready. This is a really nice place to stay, but being close to Westminister Abbey et al. local restruants are kinda limited, not bad just limited. Need to catch the tube to Covent Garden, Victoria Station, ... for a good selection of places to eat. The hotel itself is very modern and designed to business travelers, so you'll be living from a suitcase, as drawer and closet space is limited. The beds are very good, so a good night's sleep is easy to come by. All in all, you should enjoy your stay.

• 1 year later...
We stayed at this hotel last year. I e-mailed the hotel about 2 weeks before arriving noting that we were going to be arriving early and hoped we could get into our room early. They responded that they would note our reservation but could not promise anything.

We actually got there earlier than I expected (around 9:15am) and were able to get into our room. We were under the RCI package and we were staying 2 nights. I know there were a lot of people who only were staying 1 night so I do not know if it was because we were there 2 days early and not many others were or if it was my e-mail.

It is a great hotel and the staff was so helpful. Great location with in walking distance of hop on/off bus, Westminster Abbey etc. I would definetly stay at this hotel again.

Was breakfast included with the RCI package?

• 3 weeks later...

I just realized that you are doing the Baltic first. We did this cruise a couple of years ago. It is a great cruise - you will need the TA to rest up.

Make sure you are up on deck going under the bridge (can't remember the name) on the way home - it connects Sweden & Denmark I think. The ship barely clears the bridge.

Archived