Rate Reductions Coming Soon???

PCruzer

We usually book our winter Caribbean cruise around the beginning of August or thereabouts. That is about when the rates have come down in the past for the following February. I'm wondering, though....do you think the rates will come down at all, what with the gas prices going through the roof. I haven't seen any reductions, even small ones, for when we want to cruise. What do you think? Any deals this year???? :confused:

We booked our Thanksgiving cruise at the end of June. Our TA called this week and HAL had a 3-day say. We got a higher category cabin and saved $300. So, they might start going down. I would just keep checking.

It pays to check - believe it or not - daily. I have two or three internet sites I visit each day, and the price varies quite a bit sometimes. One day the price will bottom out and the next day it will increase.

The transat I have booked for April 2007 on Veendam has come down twice since I booked it 2-3 months ago. Previous poster is correct in that you should check prices every day as they can and do fluctuate. I've seen prices go down one day and right back up the next!

Claudia

Everything we have booked early has never gone down in price.. Don't see much downward movement in the category we usually book which are veranda cabins. Sometimes you can see downward movement in the oceanviews or inside cabins.

AANQ……

When you request your TA to pursue a price adjustment, is it based on the published HAL current pricing, or is it based on a competitive TA price reduction? I booked through an online TA who provided a very good initial price ($400.00/pp below the advertised HAL price) for the category of cabin we selected. Also, do promos apply to already booked fares; i.e. can I request shipboard credit if it is offered in the new pricing, even though I have already made my deposit, but have not made my final payment?

Sorry if this sounds confusing but this whole price reduction, onboard credit and promos are not clear to me….

Thanks in advance for any help…

If I am requesting an adjustment downward from my TA it would be based on their prices going down. They have lowered my price for me if theirs went below what I booked for. We have had promo's applied to our bookings after we have booked and they were honored. Usually they were for onboard credits.

After you have made your final payment, things change. Generally if there is a price reduction after that you would get an onboard credit and not a reduction in fare, mostly because you have paid in full at that point. Sometimes you can't get anything but it just depends on TA's I think.

We usually book our winter Caribbean cruise around the beginning of August or thereabouts. That is about when the rates have come down in the past for the following February. I'm wondering, though....do you think the rates will come down at all, what with the gas prices going through the roof. I haven't seen any reductions, even small ones, for when we want to cruise. What do you think? Any deals this year???? :confused:

My Veendam repositioning cruise for next April has dropped several times already. Of course, though, it depends on the cruise and the time you want to take it. Some cruises will actually increase in price for new bookings. If the market will bear it; i.e., it's a popular itinerary, why not? I'd raise prices too if I were HAL.

In the case of my Veendam cruise, the only logical explanation I can think of is that since the cruise involves a long international flight to get back home, maybe bookings are sluggish?

Blue skies ...

--rita

Archived