BA World Traveller PLUS

bldsld

A bit of boring, o/t trivia:

ORD - O'Hare. ORD comes from the fact that the airport's grounds were originally ORcharDs.

MCO - Orlando. MCO comes from the fact that the airport was originally MCcOy Air Force Base.

We now return to our regularly scheduled programming...already in progress. :-)

My favorite is X05 :) :) and I have landed at MCO with a C-130 on my tail... Must go faster..... but I am pedaling as fast as I can :eek:

Creative booking can be fun. :D

A creative RCI sailor I know did the east bound transatlantic earlier this year with her grandson and has book a west bound one for this fall from Barcelona to Miami(I think)... But the RCI flights were 1,000+ pp. So she got creative. She booked Miami to London on Virgin Atlantic for $350 and got a cheap airport hotel for the night and then a BA to Barcelona for $60. All in all < 500 pp.

I bet Mr. CASHIPman also knows why the IATA designation for Louisville, KY is SDF!

For "StandiforD Field". (my partner is from Louisville!)

Okay Boys, why oh why are the Canadian airports prefixed with “Y”?

Don't quote me but I believe it's because the Canadian gov't standardized all radio and radio-type call signs to be 4 characters with the first two characters indicating the type of transmitter/transmission. "CY" was designated for use for commercial airports. Toronto is CYYZ in the eyes of ICAO. For IATA and most passengers we would know it as YYZ.

I have booked WTP 5 times but I have never actually flown in WTP as I have been upgraded to Business Class every time! So cannot offer any advise as to what it is like....but WTP passengers are first in line for an upgrade...so that may swing your decision! I do also have a BA frequent Flyer card so that may help too!

Archived