Junk Mail

iancal

Anybody else getting all sorts of junk mailings from Princess? It seems that since we booked a Dec. cruise last May, we are getting all sorts of mailings from Princess....and we are getting tired of it. We are also getting mail from HAL. We have never been on HAL but our names, spelling and short forms, are identical to the Princess mailings. I think Carnival Corp lines are sharing mailing lists. Going to call Princess tomorrow and try to have the mailings stopped. Over the past two months we have had three mailings from Princess and two from HAL.

I don't see what the problem is, either. Today I got a Cunard mailing and it was interesting to read it (don't think I'm ever going to be onboard a Cunard ship, except for the QM in Long Beach). You may want to check your profile on the Princess website, maybe there's a place to indicate that you don't want any mail.

I completely agree with you. Unsolicited e-mails and snail mails are annoying. The first thing I do on any web site I sign up on, is to go back and find the place where I can turn that stuff off. They rarely show you the option when you sign up.

If you go to the Princess web site and sign in using the e-mail address you're getting the junk at, you will find it under "my profile --> contact details" all the way at the bottom of the screen. You can choose whether you want to be contacted via e-mail, snail mail or telephone.

I'm not sure that's going to take care of the associated cruise lines as well as they already have your information, but there should always be a link or instructions for unsubscribing in the e-mails, usually very well disguised and at the very end. It might take a while to get it all to stop, but it's doable.

I enjoy all mailings that we recieve from Princess and other cruise lines, they have saved us money in the past and I enjoy reading their literature. Jake

Me, too. Wish I got more from Princess. Since I have cruised many times with Princess, I tend to get ignored when they mail out specials.

Over the past two months we have had three mailings from Princess and two from HAL.

I wouldn't call five mailings in two months a lot.

But yes, after we went on a cruise aboard the SUN PRINCESS last February we have received lots (1-2 a week) of both e-mail and paper advertising from Princess, HAL, Cunard and even Carnival (the entire family). I find it interesting and don't mind it, but yes, the deluge started after we cruised and they got our names and address.

And we are signed up for the SAPPHIRE PRINCESS next January. :):)

I enjoy all mailings that we recieve from Princess and other cruise lines, they have saved us money in the past and I enjoy reading their literature. Jake

Jake,

I agree with you, we booked the Crown for a Jan sailing and saved $700.00 on a BA catagory and got it dirt cheap. So I say "Princess keep sending your "junk mail"

Vicki ;) ;)

I just received a 200.00 coupon for onboard credit from Princess. I was in the process of choosing which cruise to take for Spring Break...The coupon made it easy !!!Grand Princess March 07. I will take all the junk mail they want to send....:)

Fantasy 99

Norwegian Sea 00

Celebration 01

Enchantment 01

Inspiration 02

Conquest 03

Elation 04

Caribbean Princess 05

Rhapsody 06

Booked on Grand PRincess 3/10/07

Clarke' date=' are you inspired by National Lampoon? I had to ask.[/quote']

I LOVE vacation!! Wallyworld, Vegas, etc. I would love to see National Lampoon make a "cruise vacation". The Griswalds (with cousin Eddie, of course) in the formal dining room, now that would be hilarious!!

Anybody else getting all sorts of junk mailings from Princess? It seems that since we booked a Dec. cruise last May, we are getting all sorts of mailings from Princess....and we are getting tired of it. We are also getting mail from HAL. We have never been on HAL but our names, spelling and short forms, are identical to the Princess mailings. I think Carnival Corp lines are sharing mailing lists. Going to call Princess tomorrow and try to have the mailings stopped. Over the past two months we have had three mailings from Princess and two from HAL.

Carnival Corporation owns Cunard, Holland America, Princess, and several other lines. I have sailed on Cunard but never on Princess or HAL, and I too get the mailings. These lines have a reciprocal arrangement where you are offered "past passenger" discounts if you've sailed on a member line. I didn't find the "deals" to be any better than what you'd get through a TA but it's nice to know they're available.

I like the brochures...it helps me to dream about my next cruise:D .

Iancal...I know what you mean about junk mail and spam. We were out of the country for 5 weeks on our last Princess cruise vacation, and when I returned home I was totally overwhelmed by the amount of mail we had (delivered by forklift by the USPS, and I'm not kidding...by much). That was in mid May, and I've since made a concerted effort to phone many, many companies and asked them to remove me from their mailing lists, and have even told them that I will continue to order from them (i.e. LL Bean and Lands End), but through the internet and only if I don't get any more catalogs from them. I've even phoned Princess and asked them to remove me from the mailing list, but to send me email promotions instead, so that might work for you. It has taken over two months, but the difference in the amount of mail I receive is incredible...down from 2-3 inches a day to 2-3 envelopes a day. I still am vigilant about phoning companies from whom I get mail, but I should be able to go away for 3 weeks for my January 2007 Sun Princess cruise without dreading the "coming home and sorting through the mail" part of the trip.

Sometimes there is no easy phone number to call to take care of this, so to save some time, I printed up some blank postcards with the words: Please remove the following address from your mailing list, and I paste the mailing label from the junk mail to the postcard, address it and send it off.

You might also check out the following website:

http://www.privacyrights.org/fs/fs4-junk.htm

Good luck! :)

Me, too. Wish I got more from Princess. Since I have cruised many times with Princess, I tend to get ignored when they mail out specials.

I agree with you. After our first cruise, I received quite a few mailings. after the 2nd, only accassionally, and since the 3rd, nothing.

Maybe it's because we have 2 more cruises booked? :confused:

I'd still like to receive "opportunities" via snail mail. It would give us more ideas to dream about.

You don't seem to be getting much sympathy.

Archived