Crown Princess Omen which started with the Christening

Sandytoes

Red sky at night,

Sailor's delight.

Red sky at morning

Sailors take warning.....

It's unlucky for the groom to see the bride in her wedding dress before until she arrives at the ceremony.

Baseball pitchers rarely touch the white lines.

What about "Knock on wood"....Have you heard of that?

Always saying " Bless You " after someone sneezes to ensure that the devil hasn't entered their body!

What do you do before you blow out all the candles on your birthday cake? Why?

Is it crock?.....interesting isn't it....

The phrase is "It's a crock"

When they check you luggage and find a mystery object you say "It's a crock pot" for cooking alligators cought with your bungee cord off of your balcony,

I always thought it meant something else.

I always thought that old renaming superstition applied only if you changed the name of the same ship and does not apply to naming your boat/ship after another ship. Can we clear this up before I sail on the Crown next month?

You're right!! I was thinking that the whole time I read this thread. The superstition is about CHANGING the name of a ship NOT re-using the name (for which there is long-standing tradition). So, it's really the only the Diamond, Sapphire, Tahitian, Pacific and future ROyal we need to be concerned about in that regard. (I think the latter three have made out better with their new names than their originals).

Cruisin' Chris -

I am glad we cleared this luck issue up before I sail on the Crown. Of course, this means that the Royal Princess is unlucky because of the name change. I just hope I am lucky enough to sail on her one day.

I am not sure there is any vessel afloat that is not associated with bad luck because there are so many of these sea superstitions: women on board are unlucky, flowers on board are unlucky, redheads are unlucky and so on. Since there will always be a woman on board when I sail I guess I will never get away from the luck issue.

it's not the ship or the name of it it's the passengers themself,their horoscope,a well known man looked at the horoscope of passengers who died after an accident, they all had constellations in it that showed that their end is near.

When I was taking an advanced astrology class, we were told never tell a client they are about to die. It's not ethical. Plus not entirely predictable...a bad aspect can often be overcome and are meant to be taken generally.

There was an original Star Princess, as well.

I don't like anyone reusing a name period. Take the superstition for what its worth. If you think its stupid then dismiss it but I think thers something to it. Besides it shows a lack of imagination to have to use the same name again. Any of these companies should stop reusing names. Whats this "prisendam" ship? When did it sink I don't remember hearing about that? Was it recent? Whos line was it? I hope it wasn't HAL's ship? I mean would you get on a ship named Titanic? I wouldn't that thing would surely be cursed.

When I was taking an advanced astrology class' date=' we were told never tell a client they are about to die. It's not ethical. Plus not entirely predictable.../QUOTE']

I thought astrology was an exact science

Nope' date=' just trends. Now what is the exact rule about Jews not naming their children after a living relative????[/quote']

: It has become an Ashke**** custom to name a new baby after a relative that has passed away

from

http://judaism.about.com/library/3_lifecycles/names/bl_names.htm

It is important to understand that this is a tradition, and is not codified in Jewish law.

from

http://www.jewishgen.org/infofiles/GivenNames/slide7.html

Archived