Crown Princess Omen which started with the Christening

Sandytoes

The Crown is plagued with a series of "curses".

What was Princess thinking when they selected Martha Stewart to christen the Crown. “It’s a good thing.” ... :eek:

First, wrong fuel, delayed leaving port.

Second, the list.

Now, Tropical Storm Chris, change in port.

I'm leaving this Monday on the 8/7 sailing.....

I have to laugh....lol lol lol

Wondering what's going to happen next?

Stay tuned......

I think its ridiculous too whats going on with Crown princess but I will say this. This may sound crazy but its a VERY old sea superstition. You never rename or take the name of another vessel its very bad luck in sea history. Princess had another ship named the Crown Princess. They took it off and placed it on the new Crown Princess. I know it sounds crazy but it is a very old superstition. Take it for what its worth.

I think its ridiculous too whats going on with Crown princess but I will say this. This may sound crazy but its a VERY old sea superstition. You never rename or take the name of another vessel its very bad luck in sea history. Princess had another ship named the Crown Princess. They took it off and placed it on the new Crown Princess. I know it sounds crazy but it is a very old superstition. Take it for what its worth.

Ceremony for Renaming Your Boat

from

http://www.boatsafe.com/nauticalknowhow/rename.htm

Re-naming the boat

from

http://www.sailnet.com/forums/general-discussion/6558-re-naming-boat.html

The Crown is plagued with a series of "curses".

What was Princess thinking when they selected Martha Stewart to christen the Crown. “It’s a good thing.” ... :eek:

First, wrong fuel, delayed leaving port.

Second, the list.

Now, Tropical Storm Chris, change in port.

I'm leaving this Monday on the 8/7 sailing.....

I have to laugh....lol lol lol

Wondering what's going to happen next?

Stay tuned......

My theory - everything happens in threes -- so it looks like you may be ok!

:)

Don't say that....we're cruising on the "new" Royal Princess next year!!! ;)

Don't say that....we're cruising on the "new" Royal Princess next year!!! ;)
I predict you will have a great cruise as well but i just don't understand Princesses obsession on using past names. Don't they have enough imagination to think up new exciting names? Nest years ship is the Emerald a perfectly new name for a ship. I just don't like taking the name of another vessel even if its old superstition. They could be much more creative and come up with a new name. Maybe it is why they have had problems with the crown. Don't ever underestimate the power of the sea or its superstitions. Sometimes those superstitions are there for a reason.

I just don't understand Princesses obsession on using past names. Don't they have enough imagination to think up new exciting names?

What about HAL.... they are on their fourth Noordam :eek: !

I predict you will have a great cruise as well but i just don't understand Princesses obsession on using past names. Don't they have enough imagination to think up new exciting names? Nest years ship is the Emerald a perfectly new name for a ship. I just don't like taking the name of another vessel even if its old superstition. They could be much more creative and come up with a new name. Maybe it is why they have had problems with the crown. Don't ever underestimate the power of the sea or its superstitions. Sometimes those superstitions are there for a reason.

What about HAL naming another ship "Prinsendam" after the precious one sunk off Alaska during a cruise!

I don't like anyone reusing a name period. Take the superstition for what its worth. If you think its stupid then dismiss it but I think thers something to it. Besides it shows a lack of imagination to have to use the same name again. Any of these companies should stop reusing names. Whats this "prisendam" ship? When did it sink I don't remember hearing about that? Was it recent? Whos line was it? I hope it wasn't HAL's ship? I mean would you get on a ship named Titanic? I wouldn't that thing would surely be cursed.

You are looking at this the wrong way, imo.

1. the fuel problem was found before the engines were damaged.

2. No one died in, "the thing." The ship is still in good shape and it's not some horrible computer thing that will be following it for life.

3. It's a tropical storm in the summer in the Caribbean. Um, c:\DUH!! They happen.

While unfortunate I can hardly blame this on Martha and Princess has re-named ships before.

I named three of my children after either my husband, a birth father or a grandparent. No issue re-using names.

Now if they bring a cat onboard...

I don't like anyone reusing a name period. Take the superstition for what its worth. If you think its stupid then dismiss it but I think thers something to it. Besides it shows a lack of imagination to have to use the same name again. Any of these companies should stop reusing names. Whats this "prisendam" ship? When did it sink I don't remember hearing about that? Was it recent? Whos line was it? I hope it wasn't HAL's ship? I mean would you get on a ship named Titanic? I wouldn't that thing would surely be cursed.

You are looking at this the wrong way, imo.

1. the fuel problem was found before the engines were damaged.

2. No one died in, "the thing." The ship is still in good shape and it's not some horrible computer thing that will be following it for life.

3. It's a tropical storm in the summer in the Caribbean. Um, c:\DUH!! They happen.

While unfortunate I can hardly blame this on Martha and Princess has re-named ships before.

I named three of my children after either my husband, a birth father or a grandparent. No issue re-using names.

Now if they bring a cat onboard...

Naming your kids after the father is not a superstition. I am named directly after my father. Sea superstitions should be taken seriously in my opinion. Again is it that hard to come up with new names for ships? Its pretty easy in the case of Princess. The last half is always "Princess".

Archived