Discount for Getting Older

charlielinda

Does Celebrity offer discounts for those over 50? 55? or 60? Just curious? If they offer discounts are they for all cruises or just specirfic? My friend recently took at Royal Caribbean cruise and got a huge discount because her husband was 55 and the discount applied to all the the room -- wife and two children.

Let's see -- 4 months until hubby is 50 and . . . .

Each week they update the list of Senior and other discounts and send the info to the TA's. Not sure if you can see this on the website, but the discount is worth search for at times and they are more frequent than resident specials, etc.

Does Celebrity offer discounts for those over 50? 55? or 60? Just curious? If they offer discounts are they for all cruises or just specirfic? My friend recently took at Royal Caribbean cruise and got a huge discount because her husband was 55 and the discount applied to all the the room -- wife and two children.

Let's see -- 4 months until hubby is 50 and . . . .

I do not mean to be disrespectful,to flame, or to open a can of worms,but just why do over 50s(I am one) think they are entitled to some sort of extra benefits just because they are over a certain age?Hopefully the biggest benefit you get is self derived from being smarter and more experienced.

Too many special interest groups are looking for specials for their little peer group.All I ever seek is to be treated fairly and equally. Often when one group is given a benefit it is to the detriment of others.If Celebrity discounts seniors,others are charged more to make up the loss.

Benefits derived from achievement or loyalty such as Capain's Club are different since they have been earned,but no one has to work too hard to get older.

I turned 50 in June and was shocked that I was entitled to discount for hotel while travelling in the west in July. My teens had quite a laugh that mom qualified for seniors discount. It was like rubbing salt in an open wound. I thought I still had a few years left.

I do not mean to be disrespectful,to flame, or to open a can of worms,but just why do over 50s(I am one) think they are entitled to some sort of extra benefits just because they are over a certain age?....If Celebrity discounts seniors,others are charged more to make up the loss.

IMHO, if the marketing/ promotion gurus at whatever venue, be it Celebrity or Marriot, offer a discount for being over a certain age, why in the world would you not want to take advantage of it? It in no way implies a sense of entitlement.

Usually when 'specials' come and go, it is to offset other issues I would think. Perhaps the "Senior specials" are on cabin categories that are selling slowly, or cruises that have a passenger demographic that would imply lower drink sales for example.

A cabin with a passenger paying a discounted price makes more money for the line than an empty cabin or one sold at "Happy Hour" bargain basement prices.

IMHO, if the marketing/ promotion gurus at whatever venue, be it Celebrity or Marriot, offer a discount for being over a certain age, why in the world would you not want to take advantage of it? It in no way implies a sense of entitlement.

Usually when 'specials' come and go, it is to offset other issues I would think. Perhaps the "Senior specials" are on cabin categories that are selling slowly, or cruises that have a passenger demographic that would imply lower drink sales for example.

A cabin with a passenger paying a discounted price makes more money for the line than an empty cabin or one sold at "Happy Hour" bargain basement prices.

I'm not saying if a discount is offered it wouldn't be wise to use it. Why throw your money away? What I was commenting on was my fellow seniors' expectation that they are "entitled" to something simply because they are old.

If cabin categories are selling slowly,wouldn't it make more sense to you to open that "special" to everyone? All could use a break,including young heavily mortgaged couples,40 somethings trying to pay college tuition,etc.

It's not like Celebrity has a shortage of us old geezers that they have to offer special perk to bring up our numbers.I for one ,would enjoy a more balanced age distribution. Then, the line for the picture taking of the Grand buffet might be shorter(Only kidding)

but just why do over 50s(I am one) think they are entitled to some sort of extra benefits just because they are over a certain age?

I thought the discount went to older guest because cruiselines wanted the money before the kids did.:p

We hope to die broke while on our last cruise. If they only would allow burials at sea life (and death) would be perfect for me.

I thought the discount went to older guest because cruiselines wanted the money before the kids did.:p

We hope to die broke while on our last cruise. If they only would allow burials at sea life (and death) would be perfect for me.

DH and I feel the same as you LOL. We want our last check to bounce!:D

Archived