Is it Possible.. Or r U stuck??

temple10

Hi there, I am wondering, never cruising before and very new to it all. I have booked a 15 day cruise on the statendam December21- January 5. I have put down my down payment a B cabin with Veranda. If I wanted to change cruise lines can my Travel Agent just move my deposit. I thought I would ask you guys before possibly embarressing myself and my travel agency. thank you for any help you may have:)

:)

We have changed cruise lines a couple of times and there wasn't any problems.

You won't be embarressing anyone.

The big question here is: Did you buy the cruise lines travel insurance?

If you did, then the cruise line will keep that insurance money.

We never buy the cruise lines insurance. Then if we need to which, no problem.

:)

Just a little clarification. You can always get your deposit refunded as long as you haven't reached final payment date (usually 75-90 days before the cruise). Some TAs charge cancellation fees, but I wouldn't think a TA would charge a fee if you're cancelling your cruise and booking another with them.

You may find that it is amazing how quickly a company can apply a charge to your credit card....but it can take two billing periods in order for the credit to appear.

Your TA may charge a cancellation fee for the time and energy they expended, even though you are making another booking. The reasoning may be that he/she will wonder if you will be cancelling the future booking at some point and that they will end up doing the work of two bookings and make no commission in the end. Of course, I am NOT saying that is what you would do but the TA could think that way???

Your TA may charge a cancellation fee for the time and energy they expended, even though you are making another booking. The reasoning may be that he/she will wonder if you will be cancelling the future booking at some point and that they will end up doing the work of two bookings and make no commission in the end. Of course, I am NOT saying that is what you would do but the TA could think that way???
It is certainly possible that they would, but I would think not at the first rebooking. If the first time I cancelled and rebooked I was charged a cancellation fee I would take my booking elsewhere. The TA would get the cancellation fee, but not the commission, nor any follow on business.

Of course, if this were a chronic problem, I could see them enforcing the policy.

Thank you all for your input. I did buy my innsurance outside of the cruise line so that is a plus then. now I know I can. Really need to make my mind up. and decide what i want to do. :rolleyes:

Archived