****Live from the Grand Princess****

T&J

What a coincidence. Guess what room we had the last time we were on the Grand. You got it............Dolphin 601! So, whatever it is you stepped in this afternoon, keep it with you for the rest of the night. :D

Arlene

WOW imagine that...but guess what?....your old comforter isn't here!

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

What a coincidence. Guess what room we had the last time we were on the Grand. You got it............Dolphin 601! So, whatever it is you stepped in this afternoon, keep it with you for the rest of the night. :D

Arlene

Tony

Arlene

Tony

Tony

LOL. And, no matter how many times you post the same thing, the comforter will still NOT appear. ;) Hopefully someone on the Pacific is still enjoying the other one.

Arlene

LOL. And, no matter how many times you post the same thing, the comforter will still NOT appear. ;) Hopefully someone on the Pacific is still enjoying the other one.

Arlene

OH I knew you would respond quick...so let me go to bed now!

Tony and Javier

Tony, still thoroughly enjoying your thread as always. Congratulations on your upgrade. You guys totally deserve it, Princess should be treating you guys well with all the cruises that you take. Keep enjoying yourselves so we can enjoy ourselves through you.:D

Tony, congratulations on you mini suite. Now I can't remember, were you still sharing the cabin with Sharon or were you and Javier in another cabin? Either way, the upgrade is terrific.

cactusrose...we had our own cabin and sharon had hers...the new linens and mattress toppers are very comfy!

Tony

Tony, still thoroughly enjoying your thread as always. Congratulations on your upgrade. You guys totally deserve it, Princess should be treating you guys well with all the cruises that you take. Keep enjoying yourselves so we can enjoy ourselves through you.:D

Thanks and keep on reading!

Tony and Javier

A very early Good Morning (7:00am local) from Athens, Greece....guys ot enough sleep...we went to bed at 2:00am and awoke at 6:30am...ouch! Will certainly be a nap planned somewhere here in my day today!

We received clearence about 20 minutes from the lcoal authorities to go ashore. I have yet to have a coffee. We are planning on meeting for breakfast at 7:30am and go ashore for 8:00-8:15am and walk to the Hertz location which is approx. 5-10 minute walk. The weather forecast is sunny and hot and a high of 95F today.

We sail for Mykonos, Greece at 5:45pm tonight.

More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Good Morning Tony, (as the sun sets here on Friday evening )

Hope you have a great day in Athens.The port cam shows you berthed at a different pier from your last call.You are also listed as the only major cruise ship in port today,I guess all the other ships we can see must ferries and local cruise ships.

25isv28.jpg

942125828_001grand_bridge25aug.jpg.9b216a8488dc2d9f637c30f18edfc1ce.jpg

We received clearence about 20 minutes from the lcoal authorities to go ashore. I have yet to have a coffee.

Tony and Javier

What? You're sitting at the computer without a mug of coffee? You really are sleep deprived! Have a great day in Athens.

Arlene

P.S. And good evening to you David (as the sun rises here in sunny Florida)

Good Morning Tony, (as the sun sets here on Friday evening )

Hope you have a great day in Athens.The port cam shows you berthed at a different pier from your last call.You are also listed as the only major cruise ship in port today,I guess all the other ships we can see must ferries and local cruise ships.

25isv28.jpg

David we were a the same pier however where Costa was last Athens, so we are right beside the pier now and terminal entrance where we normally do tie up alongside everytime I have been here before.

We were the only cruise ship today in the port as well as you mentioned.

Tony

Good afternoon from back onboard the Grand Princess;

We'll we just came back onboard from a great day and a hot one at that that was very hot today. We rented a car as planned from Hertz at 8:30am drove off into the Greek countryside. Since we only had so many hours that we could explore we decided on exploring more of the Attica Region outside of Athens. We drove to soem of the most beautifull seaside towns I have ever seen such as Kalamaki, Glyfada and Kavouri. We stopped and had a huge Greek luncheon by the sea with some wine, calamari, tzatziki, souvlakis of lamb and pork, mousaka and many other greek traditional dishes. We left there so stuffed but not drunk! We then ventured onto Lagonissi and Saronida and viewed an Olive Oil plantation and production facility and of course I bought a bottle as well.

The roundtrip drive was over 350 miles since this morning. The road conditions were excellenet and the drivers weren't that bad either surprisingly! This was a great alternative than going and chasing down two more rings at Cartier in Athens one last time!

We are presently almost ready to sail in about 20 minutes time for Mykonos, Greece.

Javier and I are planning on going to dinner at 7:00am since we want to get a jump start on an earlier evening after crawling in at 2:00am last night.

I forgot to mention yesterday and today they have retracted the sliding glass dome over the Calypso Pool...looks very nice.

More to follow from the Grand Princess later today.

Tony and Javier

What? You're sitting at the computer without a mug of coffee? You really are sleep deprived! Have a great day in Athens.

Arlene

P.S. And good evening to you David (as the sun rises here in sunny Florida)

Was a miracle that I was able to drive after ony 4.5 hours of sleep last night!

Tony

I still read your adventures everyday.

I myself have been given a minisuite on my next cruise due to a cruise credit

on The Island Hawaii route the September..Congrats on yours .:)

Now Tony have you heard anyone on board talking about Princess excursions in Athens and if they enjoyed them? That would have to be my route if I cruised there?

Anyone know if the cruise lines are allow us to carry on liquid?

No problems thus far...liquids are still allowed to be carried onboard.

Tony and Javier

I still read your adventures everyday.

I myself have been given a minisuite on my next cruise due to a cruise credit

on The Island Hawaii route the September..Congrats on yours .:)

Now Tony have you heard anyone on board talking about Princess excursions in Athens and if they enjoyed them? That would have to be my route if I cruised there?

The feedback I heard from the previous cruise and this one was that the Athens tours were OK, however very expensive and overpriced but isn't that always the case with all Princess Tours!

Tony and Javier

Good Morning from Mykonos, Greece...

We have just been tied alongside our berth and have received clearence by the local authorities to go ashore. Meeting Javier and Sharon at 7:30am for some breakfast and then we will walk to the car rental company to pick up a car when they open at 9:00am.

Sone of the additional points of interest to do while on Mykonos are the following:

1.Going to Delos (island right across)

2. Archeological Museum

3. Agean Maritime Museum

4. Windmills (numerous ones on the island)

5. Little Venice (Boardwalk by the sea)

6. Kolklore Museum

7. Paraportiani (famous church)

You may also go to Paradise Beach which is not far awy from the pier of the ship either and a local bus stops right near the dock....travel time approx 10 minutes by bus.

We have a forecasted high of 87F and sunny today....last trip was even hotter than this.

More to follow later today from Mykonos aboard the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Have you had a chance to check on the scrapbooks for me?

OMG! I am so sorry I forgot to yesterday but will check with photogs this afternoon.

Tony

Hi Tony,

Looking good,have a great day in Mykonos......

You are right....it looks to be another hot hot day here...we are just about to leave and walk ashore to the car rental company. Must be back onboard by 5:30pm to sail at 6:00pm for Kusadasi, Turkey.

Tony and Javier

We'll we just came back about 5 minutes ago from touring almost the entire island of Mykonos. We mostly did beach hunting for different beaches all over the island. The best beach Kalo Livadi Beach on the south East side of the island. the roads are very narrow. We then went to Lia and Elia and to Super Paradise Beach (gay and straight parts) and afterwards we went North to Agenios Sostis where there was the most beautifull view of the ocean from the bluffs. The Island can easily be done in one day for sure. We made several stops along the way and stopped for lunch in Ano Mera for a light meal before hitting the road again. To tour most of the island we spent 10 euros on gas only.We are having dinner tonight at 7:30pm and the Chef is cookig a special Indian Dinner tonight for us. Javier and Sharon plan on going to see Cinefantastic again and I plan on making a pit stop in the "office".The weather today was gorgeous and hot and sunny and it must of hit nearly 100F today for sure. We set sail at 6:00pm for Kusadasi, Turkey were we are suppose to arrive at 7:00am local time.A lot of burnt faces on this cruise as people do not realize how strong the sun is in the Med.More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.Tony and Javier

Archived