****Live from the Grand Princess****

T&J

The Royal cruise is not even on his list yet!!!!!!!

Hi David........

Guess he ran out of space. :) We're all booked on the Royal out of Athens 11/4/07 for 48 days, B2B2B, ending in FLL. Want to join us?

Arlene

P.S. Tony, is the Grand having signal problems again? Too many hours since you've "spoken."

We were in Santorini eons ago, but I recall we took a mini bus up and the cable car down. You can still go up by car, yes?

Oia would be new to us too, so you make the arrangements and we'll go with you.

Where do you stand on this trip's "most travelled?" Are you still 3rd, or did you move up?

GL at the office.

Arlene (waiting for that PITA Ernesto)

I don't think you can go up by car that I saw?

On this cruise I am #4...rats!

Good luck with Ernesto.

Tony

:cool: :eek: :cool:

The Royal cruise is not even on his list yet!!!!!!!

Didn't want to post anything further than 6 months in advance...otherwise I would be embarassed to show you the list!;)

Tony

Hi David........

Guess he ran out of space. :) We're all booked on the Royal out of Athens 11/4/07 for 48 days, B2B2B, ending in FLL. Want to join us?

Arlene

P.S. Tony, is the Grand having signal problems again? Too many hours since you've "spoken."

YES, last night after coming back from the "Office" the signal was up and down and mostly down that I just gave up after 30 minutes of tryign to post...actually did manage to post one on the "Regal is on it's way out...and then impossible to post.

Tony

Good Morning from the Grand Princess...

For those of you taht want to see a beautifull sunrise...check out the cruise cam right now as the sun is rising.

Went to bed last night at 1:00am and awoke at 6:50am this morning...I just can't sleep in on a cruise. We have a full day today planned thus far. 10:00am is the cooking demonstration in the Princess Theatre and then followed by lunch in the Bottecelli Dinning Room at 12 noon for the Most Travelled Luncheon. In the afternoon I plan on going to the "office" and also going to the Maitre'd wine Club ($25.00 one) at 3:30pm again in the Dinning Room and then the gym and dinner...no nap possible I thik today!:(

The satelite signal was all over the map late last night for some reason...could even call out if you wanted either and CNN kept on breaking all the time...thus the reason for no postings late last night.

Trying the Room Service Breakfast in our cabin this morning and testing to see if they will bring me the hot food items that I have written down on the card...let's see!

The weather looks to be very sunny and probably hot again today.

More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

OK going to see what room Service delivered for Breakfast!...stay tuned.:D

Tony and Javier

Did they bring the hot food for breakfast?

I have never ordered breakfast room service......so if they bring you hot food then I might try one morning for a change in September on my 'Island' cruise.

Did they bring the hot food for breakfast?

I have never ordered breakfast room service......so if they bring you hot food then I might try one morning for a change in September on my 'Island' cruise.

YEP!...the scrambled eggs and pancakes and frech toast all arrived this morning with maple syrup etc...I guess if you ask they will do it now...starnge as it varies from ship to ship to get hot food unless you are in a Full Suite.

OK, going to the Most Travelled Luncheon now.

More to follow later this afternoon from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

Tony,

Really have enjoyed your travelogue, it's been really informative and very enjoyable.

Some friends and my wife and I are on the Grand from the 13th September travelling from Venice to Barcelona and your running commentary has really made us look forward to the trip (our 1st on Princess, we've only travelled with P&O before).

One question I would like to ask is how many cruises you've done and how many nights on board? You seem to be very well travelled!

Hope you and Javier enjoy the rest of your trip!

Carl:)

T&J,

Were you on the Pacific Princess in May/June, 2006? I think I remember running into you in the Internet room on the ship. We talked about consulting on SAP software systems. You noticed my golf shirt with the logo and remembered my postings on roll call.

You seem to be a "professional" cruiser. How many days per year are you cruising?

T&J,

Were you on the Pacific Princess in May/June, 2006? I think I remember running into you in the Internet room on the ship. We talked about consulting on SAP software systems. You noticed my golf shirt with the logo and remembered my postings on roll call.

You seem to be a "professional" cruiser. How many days per year are you cruising?

Yes I do remember you and your husband I was on from Osaka to Beijing May 17 to 29th and then again from May 29th from Beijing to Bangkok for 16 days as well....I have 34 cruises completed after this one and 442 days at sea thus far and counting!...small world and thanks for dropping in.

Tony

Where did you place on this trip? Our 300+ days are going to look pitiful next to yours. :(

Arlene

On this trip I was #4 with 34 cruises and 442 days at sea. Yep I have surpassed you guys by cruising this year and you guys haven't that's why!;)

I am catching up slowly to Dee and John Miner.

Tony

Tony,

Really have enjoyed your travelogue, it's been really informative and very enjoyable.

Some friends and my wife and I are on the Grand from the 13th September travelling from Venice to Barcelona and your running commentary has really made us look forward to the trip (our 1st on Princess, we've only travelled with P&O before).

One question I would like to ask is how many cruises you've done and how many nights on board? You seem to be very well travelled!

Hope you and Javier enjoy the rest of your trip!

Carl:)

Carl glad you are enjoying the postings...You will enjoy your cruise on the Grand doing the Venice to Barcelona..we started doing the opposite from Barcelona to Venice (Gran Med) and then Venice to Rome (Greek Isles).

34 cruises on Princess (442 days at sea in toatl on Princess) + 2 cruises on NCL ane one cruise on RCCL.

Tony

Tony

Just came back from the Maitre'd special wine tasting club ($25.00 one) and it was exquisite. A great selection of varied premium wines we offered and some repeated from other cruises and others were new.

We sampled the following wines below accompanied by upgraded plates of hors d'oeuvres, bruschetta and chocolate covered strawberries:

1. Pouilly-Fuisse #53 on the wine list

2. Chardonnay Cuvaison #29, the official wine of the White House that was always served at functions under the Clinton Administration.

3. Veve Cliquot #3...my favorite Champagne as you all know by now.;)

4. Murrieta's Well #187

5. Silverado Cabernet Sauvignon #197 Winery owned by Ron Disney of the Disney Family.

6. Luce della Vite #107...40% Cabernet Sauvignon and 60% Merlot.

Also went to the most travelled luncheon today were we were served the same appetizer as on the previous cruise, with choices of a Lamb Wellington dish, Brochette of Seafood and Scallops and a Mushroom Risotto which is what I had and it was delicious.

The dessert was an interesting nest of caramalized candy accompanied by two tartuffo's of chocolate and coconut ice cream and an espresso as well.

Afterwards I went to the "office" and did OK.

We are all skipping the Captains Farewell Cocktail Reception at 5:30pm and will be going to dinner at 8:00pm.

We are planning tomorrow to rent a car in Naples early at 8:00am and drive to the Amalfi coast and also to Positano for the day and have lunch there as well.

More to follow later today from the Grand Princess.

Tony and Javier

In case anyone is interested in knowing...there are a lot of "casual" dressers onboard this evening, shorts, culottes, capri hot pants abound all over the Atrium right now at 6:05pm unless people are going to change for dinner. Just thought I would share that with you all since "Formal Night" threads on this board are always so explosive with the Die Hards fighting the Casuals always.

They would have a COW if they saw the Atrium right now!

Can't wait to see if any of them trickle over to the Da Vinci Dinning room in those shorts?

Tony and Javier

It has been amazing reading this thread (I've read the whole thing). You and Javier sound like a ton of fun! Would love to meet you guys sometime! It would be like having a personal professional tour guide.

My husband and I are new to cruising but absolutely love it! Just got off the Crown Princess. We are looking to do something a little more adventurous and would love you advice and suggestions. I have been looking into the Royal (Holy Land - Athens to Rome). Have you ever done the Holy Land.

I do have one question, if I may be so bold, what do you play in the office?

Thanks

Laura

It has been amazing reading this thread (I've read the whole thing). You and Javier sound like a ton of fun! Would love to meet you guys sometime! It would be like having a personal professional tour guide.

My husband and I are new to cruising but absolutely love it! Just got off the Crown Princess. We are looking to do something a little more adventurous and would love you advice and suggestions. I have been looking into the Royal (Holy Land - Athens to Rome). Have you ever done the Holy Land.

I do have one question, if I may be so bold, what do you play in the office?

Thanks

Laura

Laura I play Blackjack in the "Office".

Also the Holy Land is an itinerary that I have wanted to do for a while now and I am also booked on the new Royal next November doing 3 b2b2b cruies from nov 4th from Athens to Venice and then Venice to Rome and Rome to FLL.

Tony

Thanks so much for your reply!

Actually, I could probably ask you a ton of questions but this is not the place to do that. Both you and Arlene (obviously a friend of yours) seem so very knowledgable about so many places, etc. How do the rest of us envious people tap into that, if you don't write a book?

I hope you will be posting live from you future cruises. We will miss you for 16 days:( !

Thanks again

Laura

Thanks so much for your reply!

Actually, I could probably ask you a ton of questions but this is not the place to do that. Both you and Arlene (obviously a friend of yours) seem so very knowledgable about so many places, etc. How do the rest of us envious people tap into that, if you don't write a book?

I hope you will be posting live from you future cruises. We will miss you for 16 days:( !

Thanks again

Laura

I will be posting from the Pacific Princess as of Sept 16th....stay tuned!

Tony

Laura

Thank you Laura; nice getting a compliment. :) Why don't you join us on the Royal next year? We're hoping that the Holy Land itinerary goes forward inasmuch as the Middle East is still unsettled. Still 15 months to ago; a lot can happen.

Arlene

P.S. Tony, surpassing us was easy. You've LIVED on Princess this year and we've been doing nada! Darn house! :mad:

Thank you Laura; nice getting a compliment. :) Why don't you join us on the Royal next year? We're hoping that the Holy Land itinerary goes forward inasmuch as the Middle East is still unsettled. Still 15 months to ago; a lot can happen.

Arlene

P.S. Tony, surpassing us was easy. You've LIVED on Princess this year and we've been doing nada! Darn house! :mad:

Now I just gotta catch up to John and Dee!

Tony

Archived