Fun Question - Do you.....

JanAndJeremy

I forgot to mention one important item we started collecting from HAL. On the Vista class ships they have the Waterford Crystal relicas of thier Atrium. We have so far Collected the Seahorse from the Zuirderdam and the Globe from the Oosterdam. We are looking forward to getting the Sailing Ship on the Westerdam and we can't wait to see what it will be for the new Noordam. The Waterford Crystal pieces are stamped with both the Waterford Logo and HAL's logo into the crystal. We are so far displaying them in one of our Swarovski cabinets and my Swarovski pieces have not complained or kicked them out;)

My sister and I always stop at a beach and collect either beach glass or shells for vase's around the house. It also gives me time to reflect on the time I am spending with my sister and how lucky that I am to be standing there on that beach.

When I get home and I need a pick me up all I have to do is look at the vase's and the memories come flooding back and it makes me smile and reminds me that soon I will be on another cruise....

We are all pretty lucky to be able to afford that luxury....

Debi

We collect refrigerator magnets from each port and any new cities we visit. We have two fridges covered and the inside of our front metal door is Caribbean only. :cool: :cool:

My daughter (11-yrs) brings home sand, shells and a few times, she's been known to pack a zip-lock bag (x2) with a bit of beach water! She puts everything into an airtight decorative glass container when we get home and she has a "beach in a bottle".

On my desk at work I have a glass container from HMC, complete with beach water; and on my bookcase, the beach from Nicaragua... I can post away and dream about the next beach!

She packs the ziplock bags in her tennies... we've never had an accident yet!

Whenever I can, and always in the Caribbean islands, I buy the little colorful trucks, station wagons or whatever they are. Often they have the name of the island on them and they're painted bright colors. They have little bananas and fruits on the roof, sometimes there are people hanging out the back. They are so cute and a wonderful remembrance of a happy cruise.

Hi,

We collect different rums and liquors from the islands. We try to get the island brands - not seen in our area. Sometimes we are lucky enough to find "local" rums - those not sold in stores - but in the little stands. On our last cruise we got some cinnamon rum in Dominica - yum!! When we finish our scrapbook from our trip, we invite friends over to share what we have found! It's always a lot of fun!

We also collect (for our daughters) shot glasses and thimbles.

Happy sailing........

Archived