Cabin Selection Assistance

vivig

I am hoping that all the experienced cruisers can help me determine if I will be making a HUGE mistake.

We are currently booked on the Mariner of the Seas in cabin 9620..however it is a Sunday departure and we feel that it does not leave us time to get back int he routine for school/ work.

We have the option of cabin 1368 on the Navigator of the seas. (Saturday departure).

Please tell me are we making a HUGE mistake letting go of cabin 9620 for 1368?

IF anyone has stayed in cabin 1368 what were the pros cons for this room?

Thanks in advance,

Vivian

Personally I would make the decision based on destination and ports of call and giving consideration to whether you want ot sail on Saturday or Sunday more so than the room or ship itself. We've sailed a variety of ships and in rooms from the cheapest inside cabin to suites and I find that the type and location of the room is a minor consideration. All were fun and we had great times. I like Saturday sailings because as you said, it gives you an extra day to get settled and ready to start the week when you get back. Of course, on the other end sometimes you feel rushed because you feel like you have less time to get ready when sailing on Saturday. Have fun and in my opinion any room on a cruise ship is "just the right room".

Vivian, I haven't stayed in either of those cabins but I looked at my RCCL book that I have. They're both the same catagory cabin. The Mariner cabin is on the hump (port) while the Navigator cabin is starboard aft.

If you really want to sail on Saturday, I'd personally go with that and not be upset about losing the cabin on the Mariner. Since you're staying with the same catagory you aren't really losing much, in my opinion. Plus, how often are you in your cabin? If you spend a lot of time in there and the hump is important to you, then keep that one and try to work with the negative aspect (getting back into routine for school & work).

Another thing to remember is that the Mariner is out of Port Canaveral and the Navigator is out of Miami. See how the different ports will affect you (airfare, hotel, transportation, etc)

Hopefully someone that's stayed in either of those cabins will address this and help you more. Whatever you decide, just remember you're going to be on a cruise so it won't be bad either way. :D

Let us know what you decide!

I knew some very helpful people would reply:)

Thank You both 'The Moyers' and 'Gumballz'!!

I keep searching to see if I can obtain any feedback on the cabin / cabin location and keep coming up with a big fat 0!

I believe we will be leaning towards the Navigator of the Seas. We will be arriving early to do Disney and then drive to Miami for the cruise. We still think that this may be the better option than the Sunday return.

I will keep you posted in our decision:)

Thanks again,

Vivian

We transferred over to the Navigaotr of the Seas for the March 10th, 2007 sailing. However much it pained me to let go of the orginal booking I think that the Saturday return is much better for us all.

Thanks again...

IF anyone wants cabin 9620 on the March 11, 2007 sailing on the Mariner it has just been freed up. Enjoy it!

Not sure if we made an error or not..but we are on a cruise so that's what counts in the end!

Have a gr8 afternoon all,

Vivian

Vivian, Don't look back with regret or second guess your decision. Just look forward to the cruise you're going on and think happy thoughts! :)

Oh, and you can change your signature now. It still says Mariner. See, there's your first positive step towards being happy with your decision! :D

Have fun!

Vivian: The one time that our return from a cruise forced me to return to work the very next day, I was tired, and it lessened the "vacation" aspect of the whole thing.

I think that you made the right choice. The only change was that you didn't get a slightly larger balcony. That's all.

I hope that it turns out that airfare to Miami with hotel and transportation to the port is WAY less than Orlando! That would be the icing on the cake. :)

Archived