Live from the Crown Princess 8/7/06

Jules1

Got off ship Aug7 Captain Andy did a superb job. James and Lisa were excellent. If you are on the ship now dont miss Sarge buy his cd and please tell him Joe thanks him for his Marv Albert imitation. He is funny. The entertainment was all top notch. Dont miss it.

I'm still waiting for "Whose on first?"

Enjoyed sailing with you.

Hi Jules,

Just wondering what site you went to for the coupons for Margaritaville? I'm going on the 8/25/06 cruise and can't wait, it's going to be our first cruise!!

Thanks for posting information on your vacation! Have a great time!!

Here's a question for you. Did you see the woman riding around in the mobilized cart with the little dog on her lap? I kept telling my husband and our friends that I didn't think dogs were allowed on the ship and that she must be the wife of someone higher up in the Princess ranks. Could that have been Captain Andy's wife? I didn't realize she was even on the ship!

Here's a question for you. Did you see the woman riding around in the mobilized cart with the little dog on her lap? I kept telling my husband and our friends that I didn't think dogs were allowed on the ship and that she must be the wife of someone higher up in the Princess ranks. Could that have been Captain Andy's wife? I didn't realize she was even on the ship!

hey..i was on the 7/29 sailing, and i too saw the woman and dog! And from what i read dogs are not allowed on ships..do you really think it was the captains wife?

No not the Captains wife, but nice try.

I saw her too and I think that she soaked up all the attention she was getting. Law says that if your doctor or medical provider can justify that you need an animal to be with you as a guide or companion that they must let them on.

There was a gal on our May Island Princess cruise as well that had a little Yorkie with her.

With the costumes that she and the dog were wearing it looked like part of a circus act. :eek:

I saw her too and I think that she soaked up all the attention she was getting. Law says that if your doctor or medical provider can justify that you need an animal to be with you as a guide or companion that they must let them on.

There was a gal on our May Island Princess cruise as well that had a little Yorkie with her.

With the costumes that she and the dog were wearing it looked like part of a circus act. :eek:

she got alot of attention! i just can't think of any reason why a dog should be brought on board of a ship--i mean she could deff see where she was driving her scooter thing. Personally i am terrified of all dogs and was not happy it was on board, but i didn't let it bother me..too much! it was not as bad as wild dogs running loose in grand turk!

Oh you are so right! They both did look like they were part of a circus act. I think Captain Andy's wife would have better taste than that!

I don't see how this dog could have been a service dog. It looked like a tiny Yorkie who just saw on this woman's lap. The dog wore bright colored ribbons, bows, outfits whatever you want to call them to match the woman's outfits.

I don't see how this dog could have been a service dog. It looked like a tiny Yorkie who just saw on this woman's lap. The dog wore bright colored ribbons, bows, outfits whatever you want to call them to match the woman's outfits.

exactly! I don't think a service dog would be that small, and dressed up.

How could you miss her?

The only thing that I could think of was that it was some sort of service dog. I've seen people who did not have an obvious disability going around with dogs labelled as "service dogs" for what purpose, I have no idea. Perhaps this dog's job was to pick up things that she might have dropped.

I saw her in Adagio one evening with a relatively large group. They were talking with someone who appeared to be a travel agent. Part of the discussion involved her being able to get into their car using an alternate wheelchair. I would think that if she was the captain's wife that she would have had transportation arranged and that she would be leaving the ship with the captain.

Justin tells me that the captain was going home for his scheduled vacation. Perhaps Steven Scott can do the announcements for Captain Nic. You have to admit that his impression of the captain was dead on.

Mrjcharles - any thoughts on the motorized pooch?:confused:

Take care

Okay, I posted before getting to the end of the thread.

Like everything else in life, if you have the right doctor, you can get a note for almost anything. The service dog that I saw actually had a "jacket" that said service dog.

This dog looked more like the sweater type.:D

Maybe she was subject to bouts of depression and the dog cheered her up.

It takes all types to make the world go round.

Perhaps we should start a new thread "Motorized Yorkie - 7/29 Crown- Cast Your Vote". Should make for some interesting comments.

We sat at the table next to the woman in question and talked to her as well. She was part of over 100 people booked with her family. She had a ventilator or some sort of breathing assistance and definitely had some medical issues. The dog was there as a service dog, someone referred to it a "soother therapy pet". The dog was very sedate and not at all a problem. At times the dog was handled roughly-that was hard to watch, but the dog didn't seem to care.

All I can say is lucky lady to be able to take her dog with her. I wish I could cruise with my four-legged daughter. Maybe I should talk to my dr? Not trying to make light of her illness,if she needs the dog to calm her,then I'm glad she was able to travel with it.

Laura

Hi Jules,

Just wondering what site you went to for the coupons for Margaritaville? I'm going on the 8/25/06 cruise and can't wait, it's going to be our first cruise!!

Go to Margaritaville dot com and search in each store. They move the salt shaker around. I just found mine in the coffee. I've been searching off and on for days. Just keep trying. Good luck!

We'll be on the Sept. 12th cruise. Save us some margaritas.:D:D:D

Jill

I saw her a couple of times with the dog. I like big dogs but her dog was small and didnt cause any problems. If my dog Buddy was on the ship he would spend most of his time at the Horizen court eating

LOL! just as long as he doesn't throw his towel on a pool chair before he heads off to the Horizon Court.:D

The whole dog thing is interesting b/c there was a maltese onboard the Crown on our 6/14 sailing too! We had just left our "kid" at home, so we were wondering what was going on. The dog was definitely not the type of service dog we're used to seeing, but I guess you never know....

Archived