HEY, BUCKEYES! Who's from OHIO?

meyerhaus

learning to fly - Amazing, it truly is a small world. Are you originally from the area? I was born and raised in Sylvania - went to Northview when it was still just Sylvania High School.

Have you cruised much? We've been on 20 cruises, the most recent in April on the Caribbean Princess. Planning our next one for spring.

Keep it going!

Kathy

Ghost-

Byrne and Glendale for me...my parents still live there, my one brother lives about a mile away.

After I got married, we lived within sight of the Whiteford, Whiteford Center intersection.

I knew Farmer Jack had taken over the south Toledo Churchills (and now someone else owns it), but didn't know about the Monroe St. one. Too sad. Is there still that great OSU/UM store on Monroe St. where one half of the store is a-maize-n blue and the other side is kind of grey?

kathy, yep, i'm originally from sylvania...although i've only been on two cruises, my most recent in april on the golden, they've been great! hahaha. no complaints from me...and i live right around the corner from silica drive and northview!

hahahahaha JMB! yep, the buckeye-wolverine shop is still there on monroe across from the wendy's and the pharm! gotta love sylvania! :D

Wow, didn"t realize that so many people on this board are from Ohio.

My husband and I live in a southern suberb of Cleveland.

Our next cruise is on the Caribbean Princess Sept. 25, 2004 (our first Princess cruise, 4th cruise overall.

Nice to meet everyone!

Candi

Love the Hocking Hills and Old Man's Cave. One winter when hiking there I about got killed by falling ice and snow, missed me by less than a yard!

Of course, summer in Ohio and Cedar Point go hand in hand. I remember going for vacation to Cedar Point when I was a kid and staying in a the very old hotel they used to have there on site. Later came all the really good roller coasters. Now all of that would be a bit wild for me!

Its been a few years for me but it seems like when I was at BG we used to go to Sylvania to go shopping. Was there a mall there that used to be popular in the 70's?

Hi Jon:

Columbus born and bred. Now, from Barrington, RI(mostly for 25+ years) and Worthington, OH.(5-6 times a year). Go Bucks!!!

Here's a thought for others to add to....famous Ohioans!!!

Warren G Harding :),
Jonathan Winters,
Rex Kern....

keep it going Buckeyes...there's a bunch more!!! Martha

Prairie Cruiser-

You're right on the mall that was big in the 70s. Used to be called Franklin Park Mall, now it's Westfield Shoppingtown Franklin Park. On Monroe St in Toledo, but at the fringes of Sylvania. I was there in February...looked like it was still going strong.

they're completely renovating franklin park [as it will [b]always[/b] be called!] and are putting in a brand new food court and all kinds of new stores, supposedly to be finished by fall of 2005. needless to say, it's killing traffic at sylvania and talmade, where both roads are down to one lane!

but it [b]is[/b] a good mall....soon to be even better, we hope!

JMB410 - I work near Hill & Byrne. I grew up on Whiteford Rd., right at the Michigan line. We lived in Ohio, my grandparents lived right next door and were in Michigan. LOVE the Buckeye-Woverine shop. Can be pricey on items but have things you can't find anywhere else.

amyd - CAN'T WAIT for OSU football season to start. We went to the spring scrimmage game in April and the stadium was packed. We already have our tickets and hotels booked for several games.

You guys should really consider coming to the Ohio gathering that is being held July 24th near Findlay, OH. So far about 15 people have signed up to be there - coming from Cleveland, Cincinnati, Dayton and Toledo and surrounding areas. It's a picnic being held at the home of a poster from the cruise addicts board. Check the community board over there for details and directions. These gatherings are SUCH fun. Hosted one in Toledo a few years ago and attended one last summer in Columbus. GREAT to get together and meet fellow cruisers.

Keep the post going!

Kathy

Saw you are from Fl. We are also buccanner fans, and browns fans. Did you know that one of the 3rd string Bucs on Super Bowl team was from Uniontown/Hartville. He went to school with my son and daughter in law. Actually Dan and Randy were good friends in HS. We were at house in Brandon (Valrico) the year Bucs went to super bowl I think we got into the hype down there more than we ever did when the Indians went to World Series. The day of parade we were at Beef O Bradys when we saw Dan on TV I made comment to DH there is Dan, there was a coupld of Hillsbourgh sherrif eating lunch and they asked me who Dan was they thought I was talking about one of the stars of team. Dan received a lot TV coverage considering he was only a 3rd stringer. He was on Jay Leno in one of the skits and then I think we saw him at least twice when they televised the parade.

Hello Fellow Cruising Buckeyes! I was born in Sidney, have lived in Dayton, Lima (went to school at Elida), and currently in Columbus. My husband is from Archbold Ohio (close to Defiance). My son just compleed his first year at BG. We're major Buckeye fans--husband is OSU grad. I'll be crusing in late October on the Golden Princess with a few other Buckeyes. Anybody else cruising soon, when, where?

MMBUG

Thanks for the message on the other board. Yes, we were well into the Bucs during Super Bowl year. I have a shirt, Hubby had a hat,that recently got torn up in the Dryer (it was the last one, on sale, too, boo hoo),and we have a Bucs thermo cup! I also have the John Gruden book that we bought in Hooters in Ft. Myers! So far, I've just looked at the pictures. We are really looking forward to the season beginning.
For you OSU fans, my son lives in Columbus,the other one used to, also, and they have been to the stadium for games on several occasions. I have been on the Campus and walked along High St.My younger son used to live in the German Village, where rent was high, and apts were "quaint".

We really miss Ohio, but don't have much need to go up there often.Too bad, I still have some friends in Dayton, and I have new cruise friends who live in Springfield.(and now, there's all of you!!)
This is a great thread! Lynne

Archived