cabin 8093 how obstructed is it?

QueenValerie

Based on our last cabin, 8013, the boats on the starboard side are positioned more like those on the deck plan's port side (even # cabins). I think the deck plan's position of the starboard boats is not quite the correct position. I believe you will get a peek at the views between life boats, and if you are about 5 1/2 feet tall, can look over the top of the boat and see from the horizon up. I'm sure you'll find it suitable.

Rick

• 3 years later...

We had a similar cabin 8020 with a part view between lifeboats which to honest was not great apart from watching people promenading around deck 7. We did have on two occasions maintenance crew working around the lifeboat outside our cabin without notice luckily for them i was decent.

The view is not great but the position is, perfect for deck 7.

An in-hull cabin would be a better choice if it was cheaper IMHO.

Give me any cabin tomorrow!

Fred.

I had a B2 cabin on QM2 last year and loved it. I booked an A4 this time because it was being offered for less than a D6. I am not going until November so I don't think I will spend much time out there anyway. :)

We had this cabin for the voyage from L.A. to NYC around Cape Horn. It was not a good choice. Aside from being a mostly blocked view, the crew was often messing around with the lifeboats and there went our privacy. To be fair we were warned that the view was blocked, and we went for the price savings. We did not realize that the crew would be working outside our cabin off and on for a large part of the trip. Also, we learned that we were on the wrong side of the ship as all ports were on the port side. We have made a much better choice for our voyage on the Queen Elizabeth.

We had this cabin for the voyage from L.A. to NYC around Cape Horn. It was not a good choice. Aside from being a mostly blocked view, the crew was often messing around with the lifeboats and there went our privacy. To be fair we were warned that the view was blocked, and we went for the price savings. We did not realize that the crew would be working outside our cabin off and on for a large part of the trip. Also, we learned that we were on the wrong side of the ship as all ports were on the port side. We have made a much better choice for our voyage on the Queen Elizabeth.

Thanks for the reply.

Not quite the answer I was hoping for, but at least I now know what to expect.

Archived