Here is a Copy of The Bar Set Up List with Prices

shoreguy

I emailed the ship coordinator for the Spirit, from the UK, what I wanted she replied back with 10 minutes with the price, I emailed her my credit card number and hey presto all sorted with 15 minutes.

thanks for the advise Shoreguy.

I had seen an earlier discussion about bar setups on the Norwegian cruises. I called the lattitude line yesterday (got thru after about a 2 minute wait) and got the email address as to who to contact for a bar set up on the Dawn (sailing 9-16-06). I emailed the contact yesterday, she called me this morning, I emailed her after we talked with the info she wanted and sha bam:)it was done. This included alcohol and can drinks such as cokes, diet 7-up, etc. Alcohol was $55 and can drinks $2.20 each for whatever amount you wanted. This will be good for cocktails while preparing to go out or sitting on balcony. You do pay immediately however by debit or credit card but they said you cannot get a bar setup unless you do it in advance. You can buy bottle of wine on board for room though. Very easy and very good service! Yahoo!!

Just for everyones info.

Could you share the e-mail address please. I have placed a call on my other cruises, but would feel better if I had an e-mail confirmation.

Thanks in advance.:)

I find this Bar Setup thing a bit stupid. I'm in a suite, but I'm the only drinker. Now I may fancy the odd beer on the balcony, or maybe a pre dinner drink. I'd like to have a choice of what I drink each day/night. But to get a choice I would have to purchase 1 ltr bottles of whatever different spirits I might like.

Why can't they just stock the bar like a hotel mini bar, and have the butler replenish on a daily basis. For me the bar looks like a waste of space, because number one I don't want to buy bottles that will end up wasted, and number two, being a UK customer, NCL don't exactly make it easy to order a bar set up. I have asked both my TA and NCL (London) for details and an order form, but neither seem to have ever heard of a bar setup. I give up.

I stand corrected Shoreguy!

:D

Maybe I will order a liter for my POA trip in 3 weeks. Don't know if I can finish a liter by myself in 1 week though! (my DW don't drink whiskey)

Has anyone downed a liter on a cruise in 7 days by themselves?

In my younger days - nothing to brag about - but I am sure that a good drinker would have no problem at all.

I have just spoken with Jennifer Hoadley, the ship coordinator for the Star. After spending about 45 minutes on hold three different times yesterday after calling the 866-625-1159 number, I called the other reservation line (800-327-7030), explained the situation and was transferred directly to Jennifer.

Jennifer also sent me an email, giving me her direct extension:800-327-7030, ext. 7768.

So that should make it easier for any Star folks!

Jill

• 3 weeks later...

I just called the 1-866-625-1159 number....this is the same number I called a few months ago to order my Bar Setup. They had connected me to the correct person and after all info was giving I was told my CC would not be charged unitl a few weeks before sailing.

So now I am a few weeks before sailing and wanted to make sure my setup was well setup. So after about a 5 min wait time :rolleyes: the Customer Service woman tells me there is no such thing...I tell her there is such a thing and to ask her manager...while on hold I started to look for this thread. She comes back on and says "I can not have a bottle in my room, her manager said there is no such thing...."

I then asked if they would like me to email them the price list with the NCL logo on it. She said please hold and simply chose to forget about me...lol.

I am now on hold again the third time since the first call....once for 20min, once for 30 min. and now we have just hit the 16min...

Any suggestions.

Linda

I just called the 1-866-625-1159 number....this is the same number I called a few months ago to order my Bar Setup. They had connected me to the correct person and after all info was giving I was told my CC would not be charged unitl a few weeks before sailing.

So now I am a few weeks before sailing and wanted to make sure my setup was well setup. So after about a 5 min wait time :rolleyes: the Customer Service woman tells me there is no such thing...I tell her there is such a thing and to ask her manager...while on hold I started to look for this thread. She comes back on and says "I can not have a bottle in my room, her manager said there is no such thing...."

I then asked if they would like me to email them the price list with the NCL logo on it. She said please hold and simply chose to forget about me...lol.

I am now on hold again the third time since the first call....once for 20min, once for 30 min. and now we have just hit the 16min...

Any suggestions.

Linda

Yes! Yes ! Yes!

Hang up and keep calling back until you get an operator that knows what you are talking about. I do that all the time with airlines. Just be polite and say thank you. Then call back!!!!!

It is so sad that so many large companies pay lots of a good money and then INSIST that people that are either stupid or not trained or not provided the right tools interface with their customers, and speak on their behalf.

It is so sad when we read day after day about NCL giving out bad answers.

All the money they save by either not training or providing the right tools go out the window when customers get upset and go elsewhere.

Too bad.

Those of you trying to contact your ship coordinator by e-mail may want to begin at least 5 weeks prior to your cruise. After being on hold for more than 30 minutes before hanging up (I tried 3 times), I finally sent a message to the Majesty Coordinator. After a week, I received a reply with the requested information. I replied with my CC and all the other necessary information almost one week ago, but so far no confirmation. Since it took a week to reply to my initial inquiry, I'm guessing it should take at least another week for the reply. Considering that bar set-up arrangements must be made at least two weeks prior to departure, starting this process early makes sense.

It is so sad that so many large companies pay lots of a good money and then INSIST that people that are either stupid or not trained or not provided the right tools interface with their customers, and speak on their behalf.

It is so sad when we read day after day about NCL giving out bad answers.

All the money they save by either not training or providing the right tools go out the window when customers get upset and go elsewhere.

Too bad.

I can't tell you how many times I have called for a bar set up and never had any trouble; I just did it for a cliant about 4 or 5 days ago. NMnita

Archived