Dining Problems - Anyone Experienced This?

Yes, that person sure has issues!!

I am 43 been on 30 cruises now, just got off a RC cruise a month ago.

The lines on RC are NOTHING like it is on Carnival and Princess. Princess has the tightest set up for the buffet I ever seen! They put you in this very small area where the food is, talking about lines? The WORSE lines ever, think the OP is talking about Princess and NOT Rc. Sandwiches on Princess hahahaha Princess at the buffet had the worse selection, not much to offer and on 30 cruises that was the only cruise I lost weight! I am not speaking about the dining room service that was very good to excellent but the OP made a comment about the buffet in RC and I am responding to that. Buffet lines 1/2 hour long in RC hahahahaha not! I have to say when it comes to buffet lines Princess was the worse then came CArnival, the flow at the buffet was excellent on RC.

The OP spoke about premade sandwiches and tomatoes on them....you don't need to choose the sandwiches if you don't like them there is so much more offered at the buffet. The sandwiches are in trays and are constantly being taken and a new tray comes out very fast. Tomatoes in the sandwiches, just open the sandwich and take them out! The OP speaks about people being angry when cutting lines, why are you cutting the line??? Also, on Carnival and Princess I saw people constantly cutting the lines not on RC.

Soup dropped on them, well it could happen people make mistakes...but in 30 cruises never seen this happen. Plates breaking on their heads, well that explains about this OP hahahahaha plates just cannot break on somebody's head from that close distance, if they fell from above, well they should be in the hospital with pieces of china in their heads, this OP is probably annoyed at something so has to exagerate. Now, tables are not right smack up against the railing on the balcony level, I have eaten right next to the balcony and there is no way where a plate is dropped down below, unless somebody purposely throws a plate over then they knew who was below.... :)

The OP says that there wasen't much on the New Years menu that they liked....there are alternatives from steak, chicken, salmon and pasta each and every night. They can also choose to dine at Chops/Portofino's if they not like the menu.

You know, I can go on but I truely believe this person is not talking about RC but of Princess. lol I had enough of this so TexaxMom2 if you want to comment about what I said here I cannot stand people who make up stories.

You know, I can go on but I truely believe this person is not talking about RC but of Princess. lol I had enough of this so TexaxMom2 if you want to comment about what I said here I cannot stand people who make up stories.

Relax! TexasMom2 was quoting what someone else said. She didn't say those things herself.

Have to agree with the above poster about the buffet set up on Princess. We were on the Coral Princess and after sailing on Radiance class ships I was shocked at the cafeteria atmosphere of the buffet on Princess. Plus the selection of food just wasn't appealing, to me at least.

Since then I have sailed on Cunard and Celebrity and I still prefer the layout of the Windjammers.

I have only sailed on 2 RCI and 1 Princess but I couldn't relate with all the problems, especially lack of food choices and the buffet line. The service was miles better on RCI but I've only cruised 3 times, so I wasn't sure if I had been just lucky.

I did ask which ships she had been on besides Nordic Empress and Explorer, no response yet. Those 2 cruises couldn't add up to 30 days so there could be more ships that contribute to her opinion. Not liking room service was probably the kicker - who doesn't like room service?

OP sounds like someone I don't want to be having dinner with!! Ugh - we have never had a problem on RCCL ships. The food is not 5 star but who can feed thousands of people in record time. I disliked Princess ships as there buffet lines were very confusing and people were complaining because of the layout. I will stay with RCCL!!

Interesting. NO indication as to the original source of the story. Who is the the "Princess cruiser"? I think someone fed the OP a nice tale.

It's not a story...it's a thread right here on CC. In hindsight, the info I provided was not very intuitive, especially my own response to the thread which didn't have "quotes" around it. Here is the thread http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=395341

TexasMom2: I think your stuck! As long as this thread stays alive, you're going to have to come back and repeat, repeat, repeat that YOU are NOT the person making the comments.:D

I suggest every third or fourth post.:D

Pcur: If your last post was directed to me, I was stating that yes I did read the post from TexasMom2 showing the link of the comment from the person who actually said that and of course I meant the person I hope never to come across on a cruise is from the ACTUAL person that made the comment, I do know TexasMom2 did not make the comment herself. :)

I didn't like the sandwiches on RCI -- all of the pre-made sandwiches had tomatoes so that I always had to request and wait for a sandwich.
I can't figure out if they

a)don't like pre made sandwiches

b) don't like sandwiches made to their order

c) like to complain

Personally, I'm not going on a cruise with all of the good hot food and eat a sandwich

Pcur: If your last post was directed to me, I was stating that yes I did read the post from TexasMom2 showing the link of the comment from the person who actually said that and of course I meant the person I hope never to come across on a cruise is from the ACTUAL person that made the comment, I do know TexasMom2 did not make the comment herself. :)

No, it was not directed at you; I understood your post.

It was just a joking and general observation. I've seen it happen on a lot of threads. If people don't read all the posts, they come to the wrong conclusion.

I can't figure out if they

a)don't like pre made sandwiches

b) don't like sandwiches made to their order

c) like to complain

Personally, I'm not going on a cruise with all of the good hot food and eat a sandwich

You make a good point.

I also agree with the person who said they hope we don't have to come across this person on one of our RCI cruises!

Just off the Navigator last week and I have nothing but praise for the wait staff both in the dining room and Windjammer. The head waiter one night went to to Windjammer to get my wife fresh berries that were not available in the dining room. The Windjammer staff always came around to see if we needed anything(made chocolate milk for us). It was the best service we have ever had on our cruises!

[quote name='Merion_Mom']Have you ever heard of a "Princess Cheerleader"? This one is the Captain of the Squad.

:)[/QUOTE]Lol thats funny as s##t.Food,food and more food.How so many people rate there whole cruise on food.I can't tell you how many peoples cruises have been "ruined" over the dreaded lobster tail.Glad she's gonna stick to princess more room for the rest of us,not to mention giving our ears a break from all the whining.

Does she think that the folks on the upper levels are just sitting there watching her eat instead of enjoying their own dinner and tablemates? Come on, that is a bit ridiculus.
We were on the third level and honestly never even thought to look down at the other tables. Why would we! We were having our dinner and talking!
How about the opposite point of view. Why is she looking up and staring at those on the upper levels??? :p

[quote name='cb at sea']From the poster's comments about not wanting anyone to "look at him and watch what he's eating", I think this is more of a personal problem, than a dining room problem! I think the poster must be delusional, and should spend any future cruise dollars on therapy![/quote]

This is exactly what I was thinking. Who actually watches other people eat on a cruise??? I don't recall anyone looking down and watching others eat.

Never had anything like this happen on ANY ship, ever. I've sailed Princess, Carnival and RCI and found the food and service to be very good on all of them. I've also had options on RCI, other than room service, available all the time.

[quote name='wrp96'] You can order room service to other parts of the ship, not just your room.[/quote]

Really? I didn't know you could do that. Will they deliver room service to the public lounges? How does one go about ordering room service from other parts of the ship? :confused:

[quote name='QueensChick']Really? I didn't know you could do that. Will they deliver room service to the public lounges? How does one go about ordering room service from other parts of the ship? :confused:[/quote]

Passport pushers, that's funny. :p

[quote name='Autumn3']This is exactly what I was thinking. Who actually watches other people eat on a cruise??? I don't recall anyone looking down and watching others eat.[/QUOTE]
Maybe the same people who spend too much time watching what other's wear??:confused: :confused:

Archived