Am I the only one who does this?

pampaul

Ok, we're leaving on our first cruise is just 7 days. Where did the time go? Anyways, it seem like I am ALWAYS checking the roll call drop down box and click on our ship's name (Dawn) to see how many days we have left before we leave (even though I already know)

It wouldn't be so bad if I only checked it every couple of days or even once a day, but sometimes I find myself checking several times a day. :rolleyes:

Do I think that the more times I check it, it's going to go by quicker? It's totally driving me crazy!!!!

What do you do to make the time go by quicker? AARRGGHH!!!!:eek: :D

I did a "date calculator" Google search and bookmarked the calculator that I preferred. You plug in today's date, then your departure date and it tells you how many days left. Needless to say, I have my dat calculator bookmarked on all my computers! (Work, home, laptop.)

I also send daily messages to whoever is traveling with us saying: "52 days!" etc. (today is 52 days from when we board)

Yep, I do nearly the same thing with my weight and guess what, folks? I'm one pound lighter today than yesterday! :D ediets.com is working!

I know what you do - start a new thread :rolleyes:

190 posts and 88 new threads :eek: Perhaps a record ratio on any board. With 14,000 posts I have started only 2 more threads.

For you next cruise think about starting one thread on questions you have and adding as you go. Much easier for others in the future to find information.

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

It is always best to post in an existing thread then to start a new one

"What do you do to make the time go by quicker?"

I book my cruise late, no more than two months prior to the cruise.

With less waiting for the cruise, the time goes faster.

Yes but the time goes by DOG SLOW BEFORE you book the cruise. :p

Honestly time goes by and I don't even know it. I wish it would slow down. I find that time spent on a ship is a paradox to our normal lifestyle as it seems to go by much slower. I guess a lot of folks wish they had our "problem" but believe me you don't. Life is short.

The anticipation of the cruise is part of the fun. I book way early because I love having something to look forward to. Then I'm amazed when it finally gets here because it seems like I booked it so long ago!:D

Thank You Shoreguy!

Someday when I get to the pearly gates, somebody will explain to me why people always start brand new threads to ask a question that is being discussed in a handful of active threads. And don't even get me started on those with non descriptive title lines.

I know what you do - start a new thread :rolleyes:

190 posts and 88 new threads :eek: Perhaps a record ratio on any board. With 14,000 posts I have started only 2 more threads.

For you next cruise think about starting one thread on questions you have and adding as you go. Much easier for others in the future to find information.

http://albinoblacksheep.com/flash/posting.php

It is always best to post in an existing thread then to start a new one

Thank you, thank you, thank you.

I think I'll be laughing over this for the next week! Is that YOUR work?

:) :) :)

Not my work - one of the Hosts had that link as a sticky on CC for years. It does get to the point and I get a laugh everytime I check to make sure it still works. :D

I think Globalizer has the link his signature as well.

Archived