Side cabin next to wraparound?

sheilb4

I am unable to get a wraparound, all gone for when I want to go, so looking at the side cabin next door, thats also a cat 11. anyone been in one, and mainly need to know size of balcony and if its covered? want lots of sun, so don't want an overhang! Also are they large enough to fit the sunloungers?

Or are there other cabins I don't know about that have large open balconies?? Pls help. Thanks.

Spirit class ships are the only ones that have the cat 11 on the wrap arounds.

The cat 11 next to the wrap around is one giant cabin. I dont know if I could take a side one when comparing it to the wrap around.

If more balcony space is more important have you looked into a reg aft cabin?

Sounds like you are looking at a time that may be all booked up? Have you spoke to an agent about the availabilty of the wrap around. Most times you wont find these on any online site. Someone may have a hold on it through a group booking and if you are ready to deposit they would have to release it.

cabins to check-- 8232 and 7258 for availabity

Thanks for the tips so far.

I am looking at the Miracle. So far no wraparounds avail for any sailings Nov-Jan!

My main criteria is for a large balcony to lie out on and not be covered....any further advise would be much appreciated! I am prepared to book cat 11/12. so I get a suite.

Although the cabin is bigger, the balcony is small, it's covered, and your room is subject to people passing by on the outside staircase, although many don't realize it's there.

As Pete said the balcony is small and covered altho, not all of them are affected by the stairway. The ones on deck six are not. We had 6258. I don't know which ones are actually affected by that stairway. If I really wanted a cat. 11 suite but couldn't get one with the wrap around balcony, I would go for one of the mid ship cat. 11's. They have extended balconies (6' deep). The ones next to the corner are only 4' deep. It was a nice cabin tho and a free upgrade for us so I was thrilled with it.

Aren't they all covered to som degree. We were looking for the most privacy and found the lowest aft balcony to have the largest overhang. Correct me if I am wrong. I just don't want people looking over the edge at me.:o I can'y keep my neighbors from looking around the corner though.:eek:

Thanks for the tip, and everyone else....Do you have suggestions as to the cabin # of theses cat 11 mid ship cabins with the wide extended balconies? Thanks.

I so love the wraparounds, wish I had thought of booking earlier. Sniff....

Aren't they all covered to som degree. We were looking for the most privacy and found the lowest aft balcony to have the largest overhang. Correct me if I am wrong. I just don't want people looking over the edge at me.:o I can'y keep my neighbors from looking around the corner though.:eek:

even without an overhang- you canonly see into the balcony at the railing. If a person is standing at the railing you will be seen.

Doesnt mean the person next to you cant see around the divider

If you want a lot of sun, try looking at the cat. 8 aft cabins, between the cat. 11 corners. They are extended balconies, not any wider than a regular balcony but a foot or two deeper, and you have the sloped design at the back of the ship so there is very little overhang except on the lowest deck.

even without an overhang- you canonly see into the balcony at the railing. If a person is standing at the railing you will be seen.

Doesnt mean the person next to you cant see around the divider

I got the impression that the highter aft balconies could be seen from the Lido deck. As I stated, I CAN'T keep people from looking around the corner (of the divider). I would feel kinda wierd looking around a divider onto someone else's balcony. That would be a nosie neighbor!

We had 7327 on the Triumph - aft cabin next to the corner wrap on the empress deck. Requested and received a lounge chair - had plenty of afternoon sun - stored the chair in the spot where the glass extends. (see pic above) - had no problems at all - liked it so much booked same room on our upcoming Destiny trip.

Do you have nay pics of the balcony so I can get an idea of the size. one lounge chair or 2? any other info would be great! I heard that deck 5 has the largest cbin in this location..do you knwo if this is correct? what about size of cabin? thanks much.

Let me ask you this....If you were unable to get the aft wraparound, what would be the next best cabin you would select?

My main criteria as I may already have entioned) is a large balcony I can lie out on and have sun! I have been thinking of the side cabin next to wraps...the pic you have looks like there is a huge overhang.

Pls advise what would be your next choice. It would help me lots in making a decision. Thanks.

My main criteria is a large balcony I can lie out on and have sun!

These two combinations really only exist on the wraps, decks 5 through 8.

If your main goal is the sun, go with an 8C either aft or fore on deck 5, or if you just want large, 5236/5238 or equivilent, or higher.

Or change your dates for an available wrap. They are worth the wait.

Thanks for the input. I looked at the deck plan and those 2 cabins look like they lookout onto the lifeboats outside? Are those cabins with an overhang? any idea if I can find pics of them? Unfortunately I don't have a choice this year in vacation dates., so kinda last minute....yes indeed, oh for a wrap around! Once experienced it is so hard to decide alternatives!

What do you know of the side cabin next to wraparound, there are still 2 of them available.......

I've seen the room and the balcony on deck 4, and I wouldn't pay the cat 11 $$ for either.

As far as those two side rooms, the higher you are, the more you'll be away from the lifeboats, but they are the recessed part of the ship, and you'll see them regardless, looking down.

What about deck 5 and 6? they are cat 11 of course,but do you think it worth it? Is there an overhang that you saw, I know deck 4 has the access stairs...no thanks. Would be sick if I went ahead and booked then found the balcony was small and with a overhang roof!

These two combinations really only exist on the wraps, decks 5 through 8.

If your main goal is the sun, go with an 8C either aft or fore on deck 5, or if you just want large, 5236/5238 or equivilent, or higher.

Or change your dates for an available wrap. They are worth the wait.

sheilb4 - DITTO what Pete said!!!

Honestly, if I can't book one of the deck 4 corners - we find another ship/date. I would not book any other cabin. Once you have had AFT-WRAPS, you never go back...:D We prefer deck 4 because the overhang is greater (from above) - thus gaining a little reprieve from the midday sun if desired. The decreasing overhang only applies on the AFT portion of the ship, not the sides.

If we can't find a suitable SPIRIT CLASS corner cabin, then we look at the Cat 12 or Cat 9A (wraps) on Conquest class ships, followed by Cat 12's on Fantasy class ships.

Tom

Archived