Miss the ships sailing on purpose?

As a courtesy I will break down my origional post.

1. I want to know if anyone has taken a cruise, skipped a port on purpose WITH AUTHORIZATION and met the ship at a future port? I am open to ideas to sail to Puerto Rico, stay a few days and return back to preferably Florida.

2. I did not specify which cruiseline, it can be any cruiseline.

FYI-Seamoma1

Please dont try to distort my post with your personal info-mercial.

"They dont let you board the ship mid- cruise unless its sold in segements" They dont serve you lobster unless its lobster night either so thanks for that tidbit Captain Obvious.

I should feel sorry for you as its obvious you are just doing your best to get attention. This was a nice post with several good ideas. Sad you have to blast it with sarcasm and off topic babble. You must be proud of your uncanny ability to stick out like a sore thumb.

I am sure Ms. Smith is a lovely lady who was lost in the moment but I still say she owes the whole ship a foo foo- glad she was alive and well, sorry I missed that in the Crypt, I would have been laughing. I do agree though- do your thing but not at the expense of traumatizing others!

See now, the OP has steadfastly and clearly indicated what he'd like to do and I still wish him luck. You just need one person to say yes and accomodate you- who knows it could happen- and I for one vote for the two-cruise with a mini vacation in between. (How much inlaws can you take, they must be wonderful!) In fact I so suppport this idea that I am volunteering to nip over and fill those cabins while you don't need them over two sailings. How's that for a member of the cruise community? :D Btw thanks for serving in the Navy all those years, sure beats riding the low seas at a travel desk... I will give you credit even if it is not worth a Priority Embarcation or Dinner with the Captain Pass! We have a son in the AF who just got his leave changed so he has to cancel our planned Sept cruise, and we are so bummed... but it happens and we know he keeps us safe.

GOOD LUCK OP- and lemme know when to fill up those cabins for you!!!

As a courtesy I will break down my origional post.

1. I want to know if anyone has taken a cruise, skipped a port on purpose WITH AUTHORIZATION and met the ship at a future port? I am open to ideas to sail to Puerto Rico, stay a few days and return back to preferably Florida.

2. I did not specify which cruiseline, it can be any cruiseline.

FYI-Seamoma1

Please dont try to distort my post with your personal info-mercial.

"They dont let you board the ship mid- cruise unless its sold in segements" They dont serve you lobster unless its lobster night either so thanks for that tidbit Captain Obvious.

I should feel sorry for you as its obvious you are just doing your best to get attention. This was a nice post with several good ideas. Sad you have to blast it with sarcasm and off topic babble. You must be proud of your uncanny ability to stick out like a sore thumb.

That's "Seamama1", Jack!

Peacha you sound like a wonderful person. Thank you so much for your advice, kind words and your humor. I spoke to my travel agent today and they claim it will be no issue to take a cruise to SJ from Florida, disembark, stay a few days in SJ and then grab that repositioning cruise back to Norfolk. Thanks for the heads up on that one Nitra. My agent said it is kind of a pain in the butt for the cruiselines because there is alot of added paperwork to leave a cruise early. So this is why they dont advertise it. Funny that the local blowhard with 30 plus years couldnt figure it out, so instead resorted to bashing, LMAO, maybe thats why "he she it" isnt a travel agent anymore.

Peacha you sound like a wonderful person. Thank you so much for your advice, kind words and your humor. I spoke to my travel agent today and they claim it will be no issue to take a cruise to SJ from Florida, disembark, stay a few days in SJ and then grab that repositioning cruise back to Norfolk. Thanks for the heads up on that one Nitra. My agent said it is kind of a pain in the butt for the cruiselines because there is alot of added paperwork to leave a cruise early. So this is why they dont advertise it. Funny that the local blowhard with 30 plus years couldnt figure it out, so instead resorted to bashing, LMAO, maybe thats why "he she it" isnt a travel agent anymore.

If I were you, I would check and then double check, that what you want to do will be "no issue" and then I would get it in writing from that travel agent and the cruiseline. Just to be safe and not arrive onboard to be told that it violates federal regulations (Passenger Service Act) or company policy. :)

Ms. Blowhard here. Not knowing all the details, I can make a coupla assumptions from your post. You are sailing to San Juan on ship "A" and departing the cruise early. Then you are boarding ship "B" on a repositioning cruise to return. Totally different than "missing the ship on purpose and catching it at the next port".

Glad it worked out for you....We're done now!

Thanks to all who offered solid advice and experiences.I cruise in a couple weeks on the Majesty, I will have a discussion with the loyalty ambassador to see if my origional plan (layover in SJ, catch ship across the lake in St. Thomas) could be worked out or if indeed it is not an option.

MS. Jack Blowhard-Big difference between bashing and offering a solution too.

Defiantly inform RC of your plans. My last cruise out of Miami the plan was delayed and the ship waited:). There may be fines surcharges etc. Holding up a ship for a missing passenger(s) is not a good thing. Who knows how long they will wait (I understand that they don’t wait at all at Ports of call)

We actually did this, it was a wonderful vacation. We got off the ship in St. Lucia and stayed at Cunard's La Toc Hotel, returning to the ship the following week for the trip back to Ft Lauderdale. They also owned a hotel in Barbados they did the same thing with. :D

Carnival also used to do something similar for British passengers, since we can't fly direct to SJ, we were able to fly to Barbados, spend 4 nights in a hotel, join the ship for a week, then spend 3 nights in a hotel before flying home.

It was 3 or 4 years ago, but maybe they will allow you to do something similar.

Are you always such a "pleasant" sort?:rolleyes:

jc

Archived