How To Book Specialty Restaurant?

dbali

The only way to book the specialty restaurant pre-cruise is to call the Captain's Club 60 days before your cruise. You must be a Captain's Club member to be able to book pre-cruise.

If you are not, just go to either the Rendez-vous Lounge or right outside the buffet on deck ten and they will be taking reservations in those two places. Hope this helps.:)

As a follow on to Ma-Bell, if your call Captain's Club they will take your request and first and second preference and will confirm back to you via phone or e-mail two weeks before your sailing. At least that is how they were handling it in May/June.

And to add to the other's comments, if you're not a Club member yet, but you're in a suite, your butler can make reservations for you. We've found that even on nights that might be busy with bookings, a butler can be invaluable in making the reservations.

This will be our first X cruise. We have a CC room which says that we are supposed to get priority bookings.

I assume that will include the speciality restaurant. Does anyone know for certain?

For first time cruisers, even though you get the so called priorities, you're in a rather long line with many ahead of you. The Elite/Select members of the club get first priority, the super expensive suites get the next and then the other suites. CC class is next and then all the others on board.

WHat have others experienced regarding the speciality restaurants - I mean has anyone not been able to get a reservation?

I would imagine that they are empty on the formal nights and quite full on the other nights but your experiences would be great to hear.

Also what predominantly are the tables like, do they have a lot of tables for 2 or 4 or ?

Just wondering since DH and I want to try the Normandie with wine and would be really disappointed if we could not get a booking.

Well - I've never had a problem getting a booking - nor a second one made mid cruise. But these have been on 11 to 14 day cruises. Might be a "little" harder on a 7 day cruise. But I don't think it will be any problem if you do it on embarkation day. You might not get your first choice for time, but I'd guess you'll get in. And more likely than not you can get in even if you book after the first couple days, but you might need to be a little flexible with the times.

I have found that the formal nights are a very popular evening.

I have never had a problem booking but we really enjoy eating very late. I do like to book in advance for a special event birthday / anniversary etc to assure that I am not disappointed.

I am met a couple on my last cruise that chose to eat every evening at the specialty restraunt.

We are a group of five couples traveling together on the Constellation next summer. Our TA has booked a table for 10. Will we be able to get a table for 10 in the specialty restaurant? Also, my wife and I are the only Captain's Club members. Will I be able to pre-book the specialty restaurant for all my tablemates? Thanks for your help.

We are a group of five couples traveling together on the Constellation next summer. Our TA has booked a table for 10. Will we be able to get a table for 10 in the specialty restaurant? Also, my wife and I are the only Captain's Club members. Will I be able to pre-book the specialty restaurant for all my tablemates? Thanks for your help.

As Ma Bell mentioned, you will probably have to book a table of 6 and 4...but you will need all of the tablemates booking numbers. There is a table of 8 in the wine cellar, but I doubt it would accomodate 10.

Karyn

Archived