Which will be better?

We are going to be in a D1 Aft and will have 4 people in the room..two of them will sleep on the beds, but would it be better to get an air mattress for the other two? The two not sleeping on the bed are very tall 6'4 and large, and I don't think they will fit on the sleeper sofa. Will a queen sized air mattress fit on the floor?

We do four people in a D1 all the time without any problem. For the scant amount of time we spend in the room, I could never justify the cost of upgrading. Especially with an aft balcony, which will serve as a bonus room.

If it is a corner aft, it is more square in shape compared to a regular D1 and is almost the same size as a Jr Suite. In that case, your air mattress idea might work.

If two people can't share the sofa bed, then one can sleep there and you can get a roll away bed for the other one.

Thanks, we know that 4 adults will be a bit cramped, but we won't be in the room that much, so I don't think it will be a problem. Two rooms would work, but only if we got 2 insides and paid $200 more than we are paying for our aft..to me thats not an option. After looking at pictures, I realized that the desk is right across from the sofa, so I see what you mean by the air mattress won't fit. And yes, we thought about keeping the aft and getting an inside, but we didn't think it would be fair to put our moms in a deck 2 inside while we get the balcony.

Please let us know how it works out when you return.

If I were you, I'd make sure I had the late dinner seating. That way, the two sleeping on the floor or sofa bed will be able to take a nap in the afternoon.

I'm worried about this very same thing for our aft JS in December. My aunt has an inside cabin (single) down the hall from us, I may just go sleep with her! DS and DH will be on the beds, there is no way my son and daugher will sleep together, plus my son is 6'5".

Maybe I'll take an air mattress and sleep on the balcony. But, with my luck, they woudl come by and hose me off in the morning!

Archived